WiscoRussia

Interviewed Completed Successfully Yesterday! Ask me any questions you have about the process

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband and I just successfully completed this process and interview yesterday. If you have any questions about it please ask!

Sent papers 11/09
NOA 11/29/2016
Biometrics notice arrived 12/04/2016
Biometrics appointment 12/21/2016
Interview ready to be scheduled 2/03/2017
Interview notice received 6/14/2017

Interview 7/18/2017

Card being processed (yay) 7/18/2017

Edited by WiscoRussia
added timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline
3 hours ago, WiscoRussia said:

Hi everyone,

My husband and I just successfully completed this process and interview yesterday. If you have any questions about it please ask!

Sent papers 11/09
NOA 11/29/2016
Biometrics notice arrived 12/04/2016
Biometrics appointment 12/21/2016
Interview ready to be scheduled 2/03/2017
Interview notice received 6/14/2017

Interview 7/18/2017

Card being processed (yay) 7/18/2017

1. What questions did they ask in the interviews?

2. How did you arrange your documents? 

3. Which documents did they ask and which did they keep?

Thank you! Im having my interview in 5 days. 

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, we had our documents in a folder. On one side was the I-130 and on the other was I-485. Each were in the same order that we sent our original packet in. We added updated joint account info, a shared car title that we recently purchased, and more pictures, which we gave them when they asked if we had anything to add to our packet. We also brought more financial info and 2016 tax returns since our packet had been sent before those were available; however they didn't ask for any of these things. They kept all of the original packet, the copy of our car title, and joint account info. She gave us back our pictures since we had some already in the original packet.

We were not asked very many questions. 

"What day did you get married?" <-- that was for the both of us

"Tell me how your relationship developed?" <-- that was for me (the usc). I basically just told how we met, started dating, and the milestones such as first kiss, vacations, engagement etc.

^They asked fore clarification on all of the dates like were you engaged in 2015 or 2016... what year did you meet... etc.

Lastly were all of "no" questions such as "have you committed a crime", "trafficked drugs", "are you a spy" etc. These questions are the same that are on one of the forms and are standard procedure.

At the end she said we had passed, and she just needed the signature from a senior interviewer. Our case was updated that same day to card being processed. The interview process was much easier than I expected. No questions on our age gap (12 years, however it's the opposite of the Russian stereotype I'm a young American woman and he's the older Russian man.) It also probably helped that we met while in college. 

I hope it goes smoothly for you both! Let me know if you have questions on anything else :)

Edit* we also had to bring passports, birth certificates etc, but all of these were given back since they already ad copies of them.

Edited by WiscoRussia
additional info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.