BlueEcho

Green Card with out interview?? Really??!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Korea
Timeline

Just got this email today for my wife..... this really mean that she is getting the green card without an interview???!!  I am scratching my head.  :jest:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On July 14, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC17900XXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. 

I know in K1 process, it may be interview-exempted if your AOS provides enough information because she already had interview for K1 oversea. 

The official policy is all AOS based on marriage should be interviewed but K1 can be exempted due to high backlog of waiting period for other applications. 

Especially since your local office is St. Paul, which is currently the slowest time processing office, it makes sense to me that K1 AOS interview can be exempted. 

Congratulation! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, BlueEcho said:

Just got this email today for my wife..... this really mean that she is getting the green card without an interview???!!  I am scratching my head.  :jest:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On July 14, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC17900XXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. 

Congrats! We didn't have to interview either...which was great...except they sent through the greencard with a ten year expiry date instead of a two year date, so that had to be returned. Doh!

I-129F Sent........... ...................................25th January 2016

I-129F NOA1.............................................3rd February 2016

I-129F RFE................................................30th March 2016 *Missing Beneficiary's intent to marry letter

RFE Reply................................................13th April 2016

I-129F NOA2.............................................28th April 2016

NVC Received..........................................13th May 2016

Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned..........17th May 2016

Sent to consulate....................................18th May 2016

DS-160 filled out......................................19th May 2016

Consulate received.................................26th May 2016

Packet 3 received....................................28th May 2016

Medical.....................................................11th July 2016

Interview...................................................27th July 2016 - Approved!

Entered USA............................................27th December 2016

Married.....................................................29th December 2016

AOS Filed.................................................6th January 2017

NOA..........................................................10th January 2017

Biometrics................................................7th March 2017

EAD/AP Approved....................................11th April 2017

EAD/AP Received....................................22nd April 2017

AOS Approved.........................................23rd June 2017 *Interview Waived

Greencard received..................................29th June 2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you are doing AOS from a K1, its 50-50 for having an AOS interview. Congrats!

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.