Nani & lizzy

Can we make it by (Christmas) December

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everybody. we got married on October 28th 2016 I'm Indian and my wife (US citizen) we sent our I-130 file on March 31st 2017 and we got NOA-1 on April 10th our priority date on the receipt is April 4th. 

My wife has been living with me since October 2016 to till now. So Me and my wife hoping to go to the US for Christmas in December. So I-130 when will it be approved? and Can I get the Visa  By December?

Any experienced people would you help me 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nani & lizzy said:

Hi everybody. we got married on October 28th 2016 I'm Indian and my wife (US citizen) we sent our I-130 file on March 31st 2017 and we got NOA-1 on April 10th our priority date on the receipt is April 4th. 

My wife has been living with me since October 2016 to till now. So Me and my wife hoping to go to the US for Christmas in December. So I-130 when will it be approved? and Can I get the Visa  By December?

Hello. Based from what I'm seeing and going through the process myself, I would have to say no. Maybe if you can have your application expedited?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Nani & lizzy said:

Hate to break it to ya, but at the current time frame, you are looking at the following:

NOA2: 8-10 Months (Currently for Nebraska, we are seeing approvals for October/Early November, i.2 8-9 months already)

After NOA2, you are looking anywhere between 3-6 months.

Total 15 months from Priority date for NOA1 is average time for NSC.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

That's only 8 - 8 1/2 months from filing to visa in hand. I doubt it to be honest. 

Ok thank you.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, AJLove said:

Hate to break it to ya, but at the current time frame, you are looking at the following:

NOA2: 8-10 Months (Currently for Nebraska, we are seeing approvals for October/Early November, i.2 8-9 months already)

After NOA2, you are looking anywhere between 3-6 months.

Total 15 months from Priority date for NOA1 is average time for NSC.

15 months ? Okay so the best thing is waiting :(

Timeline
55 minutes ago, RamStu said:

Hello. Based from what I'm seeing and going through the process myself, I would have to say no. Maybe if you can have your application expedited?

55 minutes ago, RamStu said:

Expedited for NVC ? Because we can't do anything for I-130 just need to wait for approval right?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nani & lizzy said:

Expedited for NVC ? Because we can't do anything for I-130 just need to wait for approval right?

Unless you have a solid reason, the expedition is very unlikely at any stage in the process.  Nebraska dates are updated today on the official website.  Nov 15th is being processed as of today.  So you are looking at another 5 months time frame for your I-130 to be reviewed.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nani & lizzy said:

That is correct, just wait. All of us are playing the waiting game. I submitted my I-130 in April 2016 and was approved in November 2016. I received a case closed on 7/7/17 from NVC and waiting for interview notification. Keep just informed of your journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I highly doubt it. Expect at least 12 months for the whole process, which will be April 2018.

Edited by Springrain22

Filed: Timeline

Christmas is the most miserable time to deal with the government, because so many people, especially the people in charge, take vacations then. Plus the winter weather really impacts flight schedules and there are usually significant delay, plane changes, etc. And the ticket prices are the most expensive that time of year, if you can even get one.

Maybe it's a good thing not to come then.

7 hours ago, RamStu said:

That is correct, just wait. All of us are playing the waiting game. I submitted my I-130 in April 2016 and was approved in November 2016. I received a case closed on 7/7/17 from NVC and waiting for interview notification. Keep just informed of your journey.

@RamStu wow your waiting on interview and you submitted i-30 in april 2016 that's crazy. I submitted mines may 2016 and got my hubby had the interview last month. How is that possible? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, randie19 said:

@RamStu wow your waiting on interview and you submitted i-30 in april 2016 that's crazy. I submitted mines may 2016 and got my hubby had the interview last month. How is that possible? 

Hello,

My wife has an EWI and because of that we had to submit I-601a Provisonal Unlawful Presence Waiver to USCIS and get it approved prior to continuing visa processing with NVC. Waiver was mailed in Jan 2017 and approved on March 2017 by USCIS. This is the reason of the delay. 

Edited by RamStu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.