Joao aguiar nato

How do I know If I passed the Naturalization Test?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I apply for My N-400 January 2017, 2 weeks after the interview I receive this message: We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice. Does that mean I passed My test?

Edited by Rodrigo Macedo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I still havent heard anything from uscis, i called my congresswoman to see if she can help. i called USCIS twice they told me if i dont get a answer until August  i should  get a infopass..... IM SO MAD BECAUSE I see people who did the interview  way after me and they already  have made the Oath..... :(

What was the date of your interview?

Typically they don't mail the oath ceremony notice until a few weeks before the scheduled oath ceremony.

barata-gif-3.gif

Each office is different, some administer oath the same day, others take a few months.  Don't compare your situation to others in different offices.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Bugs said:

What was the date of your interview?

Typically they don't mail the oath ceremony notice until a few weeks before the scheduled oath ceremony.

My interview May 30,2017...

21 minutes ago, Rodrigo Macedo said:

My interview May 30,2017...

Way to early to be calling USCIS.  

Boston has an oath ceremony once once a month.   However, that doesn't necessarily mean you will get in the next oath ceremony.   It depends on how long the line is that you are in, and do know that it isn't uncommon for a busy local office like Boston to have a two month wait time for those before getting scheduled.

Being that you were placed in line mid-June, it is very likely you were too late for the June oath ceremony.

Expect a July or August oath ceremony.  Given that the send out the letter 2-3 weeks before the scheduled date, expect a letter any day for the July one, or in a few weeks for the August one.

You should only worry if August passes and you still hear nothing.

Edited by Bugs

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

July

4,6,12,20,26,27 Oath ceremonys in boston

August

10,17,24,30,31 Oath Ceremonys

Sept

6,7,13,14,20,21 Oath Ceremonys

3 hours ago, Rodrigo Macedo said:

how do i check into that please/

Have you checked your case online at the USCIS website?  If you enter in your case number it will say if you've been placed in line or not.

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

They actually do on average 5 oath ceremonies a month in Boston.  So logistically it's a lot.  Hang in there!

http://www.mad.uscourts.gov/general/pdf/Nat%20Cerm%20FY-17%20USCIS.pdf

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

3 hours ago, lovelyalex said:

They actually do on average 5 oath ceremonies a month in Boston.  So logistically it's a lot.  Hang in there!

http://www.mad.uscourts.gov/general/pdf/Nat%20Cerm%20FY-17%20USCIS.pdf

That's awesome.  For some reason I thought Boston did it once a month - I think someone mentioned that in another thread, but maybe my memory isn't serving me well & I have it mixed up with another city.  

Either way, Boston is a busy office.  It's just a matter of how long and quickly the line is and moves.  Too early for him to worry.

barata-gif-3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.