JBMG

NVC - July 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

157 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Who should join/follow? Those who filed using Method 4: Mail processing and have received confirmation from the NVC of a scan date in July 2017.

Please do not join if you used the following methods.  

• Method 1: Upload documents online using CEAC
  • Method 2: Choice of processing; EMAIL
  • Method 3: Upload documents online using CEAC required

When checking in, please provide at the top of your post the following: 

• NVC Scan Date: (this is the date the NVC has confirmed via phone that they have received your supporting documents or the date once you have completed all fees, and your DS 260, whichever date is further out)
  • CC: (date that you received a Case Complete, once confirmed)
  • Interview Embassy: City and Country 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

We've called the NVC and they've informed us that our scan date was the 10th of July, and they told us to wait up to 11 weeks.  Is there anything we could do to make the process go quicker? They have recieved all of our fees and the DS-260 aswell.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sabbah said:

Hello,

We've called the NVC and they've informed us that our scan date was the 10th of July, and they told us to wait up to 11 weeks.  Is there anything we could do to make the process go quicker? They have recieved all of our fees and the DS-260 aswell.

Thanks

Hi! The only way to speed things up is to expedite your case which can be done if you have a medical reason or if you/your spouse are military pending deployment. You'll need to gather proof of that and send it to the NVC via email. 

Also please add yourself to our spreadsheet, it's a great tool to kinda see what scan dates the NVC is currently working on and how long it took for people from your country to get their CCs. 

Fill in this form to add yourself. 

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Timeline

Going to post several posts. If you're new to this forum. Please read them all as there is valuable information in them. 

=====

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

18451748_1328988913845791_2058638441303094142_o.jpg

Edited by JBMG

Timeline

Hello. Before filing your NVC package, please check out the following..  Also, if you have received an unfortunate checklist (Request for missing document), please share your experience here to help future filers applying from your country.  The NVC checklist forum's goal is to help future NVC filers to avoid getting a checklist, but the only way they'll be able to do that is to read about stories who received a checklist.. If you received one, describe what was missing, and what was needed with the details of how to find the correct document. Good luck!! 

Timeline

Once you've made it to 8 weeks after your scan date, click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

I've discovered that the processing times may depend on the country you come from. So on our NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017, sort by interview city and see how long cases from your country took to get their CC's. 

If your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. But honestly, I don't see how this really makes a difference as some people stay in review for 1 day whereas others 14 days+.. And the NVC doesn't always tell you if you're under review.. I would start calling the NVC after normal processing time for your country or after 9 weeks, whatever is later.. 

Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017  with your latest status.

• If you have not received a CC or you are not under review, update your notes. 
    • "July 3rd- Morning - Called, still not under review"  (please put date first in your notes). 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have not already the questionnaire which updates the spreadsheet, please do so now.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

================================

Calling the NVC from outside of the US (or even from within)

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Good luck!!

Timeline

Join/follow your country's portal. 

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR COUNTRY'S PORTAL IF YOU CAN ADD VALUABLE INFORMATION, SUCH AS "Order Police Records from ---- to avoid a checklist" etc.. 

Also, check out what happens at the Interview by reading reviews from other NVC filers within your country who have already been through the NVC process.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty

===

If you're from India, created a NVC forum thread just for India. TIP!! Make sure you order the correct police certificate from the passport office. 

Edited by JBMG

Timeline
On 7/1/2017 at 7:40 AM, JBMG said:

Finally.. If you're processing by email (electronic processing) or CEAC upload. Please join the following forums. It's not available in every country but make sure it's available in yours first before mailing your documents. I started these in May but instead of creating a new one each month, it's best to join these as the process is so much faster, you can learn from others.  

OH!! very important, for email filers, NVC says, if you can't fit all your documents in one email, mail in your documents.. Not true.. other's have emailed using 2 emails and was still able to get their paperwork processed.. Yeah maybe took a few extra days but it will still be faster than mailing your documents in. (you'll read about it in the following forum)

Timeline

If you decide to add to the spreadsheet. PLEASE, very important, keep your confirmation email from "Google Forms". 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire - 2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "Google Forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. You CAN save the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Please encourage one another to keep it updated. :) 

Thank you,

JBMG

I need someone to take over managing the spreadsheet.. PLEASE Private Message me if interested. :) Basically, just need someone to copy/paste formulas and sort by Scan Date as new entries are added.. If you're an EXCEL / Google Sheets Expert, maybe you know how to to automate this? If so, please contact me, would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. :)

Timeline

Here is my timeline of events to get an idea of the NVC processing. 

3/29/2017 i130 approved
4/5/2017 USCIS mailed to NVC
4/11/2017 NVC assigned case number
4/12/2017 Filled out the ds-261
4/14/2017 PAID AOS fee
4/18/2017 - Received Welcome Letter (via email)
- Called NVC to approve DS261
- Paid IV fee
4/19/2017 Mailed out Supporting documents
4/24/2017 USPS Tracking confirmed that NVC received documents
4/25/2017 NVC confirmed receipt, scan date
4/26/2017 submitted the 260 - 11 weeks starts today
6/20/2017 CEAC status changed to "AT NVC" /AOS info gone - Confirmed CC on the phone
6/22/2017 Received CKLST COVER LETTER
6/27/2017 Received CC letter
6/28/2017 Called NVC, received Interview date - Aug 2
6/29/2017 Reserved Medical Appointment
6/30/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter (p4)
7/6/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter (p4) AGAIN.

Status changed to "in transit"

AOS is back and now says in upper right-hand corner
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: PARIS (used to say NVC)
7/10/2017 CEAC Status changed to "Ready" (this means, my file has arrived at the Embassy)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sabbah said:

Hello,

Thanks

Hi, nothing you can do besides ask for your filed to be expedited as @SabRob suggested. Sorry. But please read all of the posts above. Since you're the first one here, please encourage any new followers to do the same. If you can, please send them the following link or even add it to your signature. :) 

Click here, please read every post, valuable information to help you throughout the NVC process.

Meanwhile you can sort the spreadsheet to see how long it's taking your country to receive a CC. 

Edited by JBMG

Timeline

NVC PROCESSING TIMES DEPEND ON YOUR COUNTRY. 

The NVC overall seems to be processing a bit faster.. But PLEASE PLEASE I advise you to not call the NVC before 9 weeks.  I've discovered that the processing times may depend on the country you come from. So on our spreadsheet, sort by interview country to see how long cases from your country took to get their CC's. Here are the sort instructions

I would start calling the NVC after normal processing time for your country or after 9 weeks, whatever is later.. This frees up the telephone lines for those that urgently need to get a hold of the NVC or for those confirming their CCs. :) Trust me, when you see the famous "AT NVC", you're not going to believe your eyes.. So you'll want to confirm it with the NVC that it's REAL.

If after after normal processing time for your country or after 9 weeks, whatever is later,  your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. But honestly, I don't see how this is helpful as some people stay in review for 1 day whereas others 14-30+ days.. Also, the NVCdoesn't always tell you if you're under review.. I've seen it cause more anxiety and frustration.. People get excited at 5-8 weeks "omg, I'm in review.. but they end up staying in review until 9+ weeks"  The average processing time is still 9 weeks.. But seems to be getting faster. ;) The NVC will tell you that there is nothing they can do until 11 weeks have passed since your scan date.. Most likely, if you've reached 11 weeks without a CC, you'll end up in Administrative processing which can further delay your case for another 6 weeks.. Average about 2-3 weeks. So there is NOTHING you can do before 11 weeks to help speed up the process. 

If you get a checklist, which I hope none of you do as I've shared multiple times the following link, you'll need to wait for that email explaining what is needed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/637954-tips-how-to-avoid-a-nvc-checklist/

IF YOU FOUND OUT THAT YOU'VE SENT IN THE WRONG DOCUMENT OR MISSING ONE, ADVISE SENDING THE CORRECTION ASAP BEFORE WAITING FOR YOUR CASE TO BE REVIEWED.. Others have done this and were still able to get their CC between 8-11 weeks of their original scan date. (if you forgot to put NA/None in the empty spaces on your AOS form, or didn't write your case number on every document you sent in, many received a CC without doing this, it's just a safety measure. If you didn't send in all pages of your AOS /i864 form, that's a BIG error and will receive a checklist, so please send in the entire form, signed (or scanned version of a signature) to the NVC ASAP!! And whenever you send new documents to the NVC, always include your barcoded NVC cover sheet with your case number on it.. And write your case number in the upper right-hand corner and maybe a letter to explain why you're sending it in..  

There are two types of checklists, one where you can bring your documents to the interview, or the other where you have to resubmit to the NVC

If you have to resubmit to the NVC, there are 2 options you can take. 

One, submit the corrected document in ASAP.. Once the NVC has confirmed that they have receipt.. Wait about a week, call back to ask to have a supervisor to get in contact with you.. They may refuse, but it has worked for those that kept on calling back.. Supervisor then would review the new document and give you a CC ASAP versus waiting the 8-11 weeks again. 

See these posts from @cadtousa 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/636516-nvc-filers-june-2017/?do=findComment&comment=8671473

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639680-nvc-filers-july-2017/?do=findComment&comment=8681345

Other option: ask for your case to be expedited. This has also worked for others. It's up to your embassy to determine.. 

How to expedite at NVC?

Go to this link has good information how to go about it.

http://boureypeatnut...m/expedite.html

Just to remind everyone to revisit the NVC

Finally, whenever you have a status update regarding your case, please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017  with your latest status.

• Update your notes area whenever possible. For example: 
    • "July 25 - Morning - Called, still not under review"  (please put date first in your notes). 
    • "July 25 - Evening - Called, no more August interview dates available"  (please put date first in your notes)

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have lost your questionnaire email, try searching in your email "google forms" or "Scan dates" to find it. If you still can't find it, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication. NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017.

Please be sure to read the how to edit/save the questionnaire instructions, if you can avoid a double entry, that's ideal. :)

Thank you JBMG. 

ps.. Please save this page in your bookmarks to reference/share as needed in the future. :) 

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!! WISHING YOU ALL A CC WITHOUT ANY CHECKLISTS. :) 

Edited by JBMG

Timeline

GIVE AND TAKE :)

Hi, the forum works well if you help one another out, so please share links, advice and be proactive.. Help one another out when you see someone struggling.. It's such a hard/long journey and this VJ community can be your family of sorts for the following months. Please it's a big thing in the American culture to say "THANK YOU" / give appreciation.. So please thank those that help you. Give them hearts but also share your appreciation.. Also very important, before posting questions, conduct a search on the forum.. It's in the upper right-hand corner of this page. If you find useful info, share it. :) 

And please refer new people to read the first page of this forum. You can put it in your signature too. Here is the link. :) 

Click here, please read every post, valuable information to help you throughout the NVC process. 

Good luck July filers!!!! 

Edited by JBMG

On 7/22/2017 at 8:00 AM, Sabbah said:

Hello,

Thanks

There are the standard reasons for an expedite, then there are reasons that aren't listed. I was chit chatting with an operator at the NVC and he suggested I request an expedite. I said, "its not one of the reasons listed". He said, "so"... The worst that will happen, 'they' will deny it. It affects nothing, you don't lose your spot in line etc. The expedite request will be sent to the Embassy that will be interviewing the beneficiary. They decide yes or no. From what I have read and based on my own experience you should have a decision in 2-4 business days.

If your case is granted, 'expedite'. Your file is pulled and sent to the Embassy. Basically switching you to consular filing. Our case was expedited because of getting the kids in school for the beginning of the school year. We were already into week 5 of the 11 week wait for NVC to check the file. From the timelines similar to ours it saved 6 weeks. Difference being, my boys will be sitting in class vs sitting at the Embassy waiting to be interviewed. 

On 7/22/2017 at 10:33 AM, JBMG said:

GIVE AND TAKE :)

Hi, the forum works well if you help one another out, so please share links, advice and be proactive.. Help one another out when you see someone struggling.. It's such a hard/long journey and this VJ community can be your family of sorts for the following months. Please it's a big thing in the American culture to say "THANK YOU" / give appreciation.. So please thank those that help you. Give them hearts but also share your appreciation.. Also very important, before posting questions, conduct a search on the forum.. It's in the upper right-hand corner of this page. If you find useful info, share it. :) 

And please refer new people to read the first page of this forum. You can put it in your signature too. Here is the link. :) 

Click here, please read every post, valuable information to help you throughout the NVC process. 

Good luck July filers!!!! 

Well here is a big thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D

Your help, insight and sage advice has been invaluable.

Edited by MD11PILOT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.