dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2017

435 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently May 2017 thread),

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/633307-case-complete-to-interview-june-2017/

18451748_1328988913845791_2058638441303094142_o.jpg

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello. Before filing your NVC package, please check out the following..  Also, if you have received an unfortunate checklist (Request for missing document), please share your experience here to help future filers applying from your country.  The NVC checklist forum's goal is to help future NVC filers to avoid getting a checklist, but the only way they'll be able to do that is to read about stories who received a checklist.. If you received one, describe what was missing, and what was needed with the details of how to find the correct document. Good luck!! 

Timeline

If you already have a scan date. Please join the forum in which you received your scan date. This way you can stay connected with others with a scan date from the same month as yours. Currently processing is taking 8-11 weeks.. With an average of 9 weeks.. You can check out the  NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017

Timeline

Once you've made it to 8 weeks after your scan date, click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

I've discovered that the processing times may depend on the country you come from. So on our NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017, sort by interview city and see how long cases from your country took to get their CC's. 

If your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. But honestly, I don't see how this really makes a difference as some people stay in review for 1 day whereas others 14 days+.. And the NVC doesn't always tell you if you're under review.. I would start calling the NVC after normal processing time for your country or after 9 weeks, whatever is later.. 

Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017  with your latest status.

• If you have not received a CC or you are not under review, update your notes. 
    • "July 3rd- Morning - Called, still not under review"  (please put date first in your notes). 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have not already the questionnaire which updates the spreadsheet, please do so now.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

================================

Calling the NVC from outside of the US (or even from within)

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Good luck!! 

Timeline

Join/follow your country's portal. 

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/

Also, check out what happens at the Interview by reading reviews from other NVC filers within your country who have already been through the NVC process.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty

Timeline

If you're from India, created a NVC forum thread just for India. TIP!! Make sure you order the correct police certificate from the passport office. 

Timeline

Finally.. If you're processing by email (electronic processing) or CEAC upload. Please join the following forums. It's not available in every country but make sure it's available in yours first before mailing your documents. I started these in May but instead of creating a new one each month, it's best to join these as the process is so much faster, you can learn from others.  

OH!! very important, for email filers, NVC says, if you can't fit all your documents in one email, mail in your documents.. Not true.. other's have emailed using 2 emails and was still able to get their paperwork processed.. Yeah maybe took a few extra days but it will still be faster than mailing your documents in. (you'll read about it in the following forum)

Edited by JBMG

Timeline

If you decide to add to the spreadsheet. PLEASE, very important, keep your confirmation email from "Google Forms". 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire - 2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "Google Forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. You CAN save the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you,

JBMG

Timeline
1 hour ago, Franciscoruizt said:

I been doing research for a while and maybe I don't understand it but I'm totally confused... I'm the petitioner for my wife she came in from Mexico to the USA when she was 4 yrs old and has never left back..my question is does she still need a police certificate from Mexico even tho she has live in the USA all her life?

YES! Great question!! I read about this from another case in Mexico.. Where someone had to get a police certificate from Mexico even though their spouse hasn't lived there since he was 14/15 years old. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Franciscoruizt said:

Where would we get it from?

Have you looked at the reciprocity schedule for Mexico? Here is the screen shot regarding the police record. It's still not 100% clear to me because NVC says there requirements too. I'd call nvc to ask.

Screenshot_20170701-012521.png

Edited by Adreamer

I submitted my choice of agent form yesterday so I believe I have just begun the NVC process ... is this the correct thread to follow? 

Do people know how long on average it's taking from submitting choice of agent to paying fees and the ds-260 to be available?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, larnar1309 said:

I submitted my choice of agent form yesterday so I believe I have just begun the NVC process ... is this the correct thread to follow? 

Do people know how long on average it's taking from submitting choice of agent to paying fees and the ds-260 to be available?

Yes!! you're def on the right forum. Any questions you have regarding the NVC process, can be posted here. :) 

Here is my timeline of events to get an idea of the processing. 

8/19/2016 Mailed out i 130

8/30/2016 i 130 Arrived at USCIS
8/31/2016 priority date.
9/2/2016 email received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation
9/19/2016 received Form 1797c NOA
3/29/2017 i130 approved
4/5/2017 USCIS mailed to NVC
4/11/2017 NVC assigned case number (called NVC to find this out)
4/12/2017 Filled out the ds-261
4/14/2017 PAID AOS fee
4/18/2017 - Received Welcome Letter (via email)
- Called NVC to approve DS261
- Paid IV fee
4/19/2017 Mailed out Supporting documents
4/24/2017 USPS Tracking confirmed that NVC received documents
4/25/2017 NVC confirmed receipt, scan date (SD)
4/26/2017 submitted the 260 - 11 weeks starts today
6/20/2017 CEAC status changed to "AT NVC" Confirmed CC on the phone
6/22/2017 Received CKLST COVER LETTER
6/27/2017 Received Case Complete (CC) letter
6/28/2017 Called NVC, Interview date received - Aug 2, 10am
6/29/2017 Reserved Medical Appointment
6/30/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.