toryjlarsen

When to send the NOA2 Package to my fiance

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello there,

Here is my question, the NVC should be receiving our petition any day now, I am wondering when would be the proper time to 

1. Have my bank print out the statement showing my account open date, deposits for the year, and current balance

2. Have my employer write up the statement letter of my employment 

When should I send these to my fiance? am I too soon to get these 2 statements and send them to my fiance? In other words will the embassy not accept the statements if the date is today 6-28-17 that is printed on the letters and statements, say if the interview is 2 months from now for example? 

Thank You for all your help everyone.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I aimed for about 30 days a head of time, that way everything was pretty recent.

Depending on how the scheduling works for interview in Thailand, as soon as it is scheduled you could definately send the documents over.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

They might accept the documents no problem but it might be better to forward your fiance the documents dated closer to the interview date. That way it's most up to date. Don't forget the I-134 and tax transcripts by the way :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

5 minutes ago, toryjlarsen said:

Hello there,

Here is my question, the NVC should be receiving our petition any day now, I am wondering when would be the proper time to 

1. Have my bank print out the statement showing my account open date, deposits for the year, and current balance

2. Have my employer write up the statement letter of my employment 

When should I send these to my fiance? am I too soon to get these 2 statements and send them to my fiance? In other words will the embassy not accept the statements if the date is today 6-28-17 that is printed on the letters and statements, say if the interview is 2 months from now for example? 

Thank You for all your help everyone.

thanks for asking this. i had exactly the same question today! the people at the Feb filers group said as soon as your case is ready then you can get these documents prepared.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, iamdegie said:

thanks for asking this. i had exactly the same question today! the people at the Feb filers group said as soon as your case is ready then you can get these documents prepared.

Yes I am assuming and I guess correctly when they say that your case is "ready" that would mean that they have scheduled the interview.

1 minute ago, toryjlarsen said:

Hey thank you both for your quick replies, it makes sense to aim about 30 days from the interview date

All the best to your fiancée :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

I aimed for about 30 days a head of time, that way everything was pretty recent.

Depending on how the scheduling works for interview in Thailand, as soon as it is scheduled you could definately send the documents over.

re the bank statements - is this an actual letter from the bank or just a prinout of your money in and out (transactions) over a period? some people say it has to be a letter signed by the bank manager while some others say just the usual monthly statements will do. i'm confused, please help! thanks! =)

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Just now, iamdegie said:

re the bank statements - is this an actual letter from the bank or just a prinout of your money in and out (transactions) over a period? some people say it has to be a letter signed by the bank manager while some others say just the usual monthly statements will do. i'm confused, please help! thanks! =)

Signed letter by bank personnel :)

Yes I am assuming and I guess correctly when they say that your case is "ready" that would mean that they have scheduled the interview.

depends by embassy. for me in Abu Dhabi cases can be ready but it may still take them a month or so before they send packet 3 and then more weeks after that before you can do your medical and attend your interview!

1 minute ago, KULtoATL said:

Signed letter by bank personnel :)

ok, thank you! =)

your 

When it first shows as Ready, it means your case file has just been received by your fiancée's local embassy. 

Not sure with the BKK embassy but some embassies require the applicant to schedule the interview him/herself after receiving Packet 3 and submitting DS-160 online. 

Right now she'll need to hang tight to hear from the embassy. Could be postal mail or email. Depends on the embassy.

Here's US embassy in Thailand's further information/instructions on K-1: https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/

Fee payment information: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/th/th-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Hope she finds them useful! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, iamdegie said:

I bank with Chase.  This letter is standard for them, and they can do it immediately - they can create a statement with all deposits and balances for last year, print, and then the bank officer signs.  I also know other major banks can do this too.

The letter must be signed by bank officer. 

6 minutes ago, tanderson64 said:

I bank with Chase.  This letter is standard for them, and they can do it immediately - they can create a statement with all deposits and balances for last year, print, and then the bank officer signs.  I also know other major banks can do this too.

thank you, this is helpful.

your 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, tanderson64 said:

do you have hints of the documents that could be asked by the embassy for unemployed petitioner? along the co-sponsor? if the co-sponsor is self-employed is a bank statement required? some people do not have banks account they just cask their weekly wage check.

pleae advice me

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.