Cherie1215

B2 visa rejected twice. Can I reapply? Please help.

42 posts in this topic

Hi I went for my first interview in May. These are my interview questions. I'm 23, self employed running a business for 4 years. I travel 2-3 times a year with a good travel record including UK and Australia.  Went to US last year under J1 never overstay. All my family members are here with me. 

My DS160 was screwed during first time because I didn't know I need to put self employed. Set travel period 2 months with self financing. 

Why do u want to go to USA
- For visiting

How long do u want to go 
- two months 

So you're graduated but unemployed?
- I am doing an online business 

What kind of business ? What do u sell?
- I sell clothes, bags, shoes and beauty products 

How long have u been doing it?
- 4 years 

Where do u get your stocks from ?
- china 

What is your monthly income?
- three to four thousands (in my currency MYR)

(I have two bank accounts. She only reviewed the one with lower balance) 

Do you have a business model? 
- no because order when the customer place order.

- three to four thousand 

Sorry I can't proceed your visa under 214(b).

I went for my second interview after one month. This time I put 17 days duration, parent financing, self employed under business and traveling with a friend. These are my questions. 

I see you have failed a visa before?
- yes as I did not provide sufficient evidence to support my statement for the first time. 

(I forgot the question)
- I am planning to travel on the 18/7 to 3/8 with my friend to sfo,la and San Diego. This is a copy of my friend visa... (she immediately said "NO I don't want to see your friends visa. This is about you not your friend. I want to know about you")

You have changed you travel duration? (Previous 2 months now 17 days)
- yes I'm planning to travel from 17/7 to 3/8 for 17 days in sfo, la and San Diego.  

How has your situation changed? 
- I have a business event to attend in August to China and a few business activities for the next 6 months. I am also traveling to china next year in march with my family. I brought my flight ticket. 

She typed a lot on the computer and said sorry she couldn't give me a visa. I asked why, she said because there's no significant change in my profile. 

I asked what kind of changes should I have. She said changes like getting married or getting a masters degree. I replied "but I'm a self employed. What can I change" 

she said "your financial show a low balance last time" 

i told her its because i didnt get to present during my first time but i brought them with me now. However she said it's over because I didn't present it during the interview. 

I would like to try for the third time. Is financial changes a changed? She only saw a balance of $1000 during my first interview (I have 2 acc, only review 1) 

But now I have approx $7000 balance, $12000 fixed deposit and an investment in equity fund. Didn't not present during my second interview as I was focusing on business plan and family ties. 

What are my chances? Any advice please. 

Edited by Cherie1215

6 minutes ago, az2014 said:

You sound very desperate to go to the USA.

Why are you so desperate?

Doesnt sound like your circumstances have changed, will be easy decision for a 3rd denial.

Just wanted to travel (I love traveling) and I do not want to miss the opportunity to travel with my friend (she is from other country).

The officer mentioned about financial so I thought it's probably due to the low balance in my acc during the first time? 

You can apply as many ties as you want but unless your situation changes you will still be denied.

In my opinion, here is your problem. Yes you have a business, but it is an online business. This means if you decide to use the visitor visa to come to the US and stay and live and work, you will not lose your business. All you need is a laptop and wifi. A strong business tie is like a factory plant that manufactures products that has lots of employees.

You changing your dates won't help. You getting someone in the US to help, won't help. There is no sponsoring of a visitor visa. It is a immigrant misconception. There isn't a certain amount of money in the your account that will guarantee an approval.

Also, you are young and single. Do you own a home or rent? Or do you live with family? These are all things that are working against you.

Now, the fact that you are going to travel to other countries help a lot. I say go to other countries for you conferences and tourism. She that you are well traveled and don't overstay your visits. Build ties to your country. Are you interested in returning to school?

P.S. What is the country of your origin?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think you need to wait a year then reapply. Also when you complete new DS160 indicate funds available for your trip and at interview present those documnents first. Then present official documentation of your business such as profit and loss statement balance sheet. I hope it is registered. If you have a legitimate business they expect to see those things. Also plan a 1 week trip or 10 days. Your 2 months was a redflag.

For now go and travel elsewhere this will be proof that you love to travel. Because i believe that after 1st denial you didn't travel but immediately reapplied and that was a redflag should have waited at least 6 months to reapply. So this time i say wait a year.

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Cherie1215 said:

Just wanted to travel (I love traveling) and I do not want to miss the opportunity to travel with my friend (she is from other country).

The officer mentioned about financial so I thought it's probably due to the low balance in my acc during the first time? 

Pick another country? A lot of places are better than the USA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have your own business, not a lot of savings, but can close it down for 2 months to go travelling?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cherie1215 said:

Hi I went for my first interview in May. These are my interview questions. I'm 23, self employed running a business for 4 years. I travel 2-3 times a year with a good travel record including UK and Australia.  Went to US last year under J1 never overstay. All my family members are here with me. 

My DS160 was screwed during first time because I didn't know I need to put self employed. Set travel period 2 months with self financing. 

Why do u want to go to USA
- For visiting

How long do u want to go 
- two months 

So you're graduated but unemployed?
- I am doing an online business 

What kind of business ? What do u sell?
- I sell clothes, bags, shoes and beauty products 

How long have u been doing it?
- 4 years 

Where do u get your stocks from ?
- china 

- three to four thousands (in my currency MYR)

(I have two bank accounts. She only reviewed the one with lower balance) 

Do you have a business model? 
- no because order when the customer place order.

- three to four thousand 

Sorry I can't proceed your visa under 214(b).

I went for my second interview after one month. This time I put 17 days duration, parent financing, self employed under business and traveling with a friend. These are my questions. 

I see you have failed a visa before?
- yes as I did not provide sufficient evidence to support my statement for the first time. 

(I forgot the question)
- I am planning to travel on the 18/7 to 3/8 with my friend to sfo,la and San Diego. This is a copy of my friend visa... (she immediately said "NO I don't want to see your friends visa. This is about you not your friend. I want to know about you")

You have changed you travel duration? (Previous 2 months now 17 days)
- yes I'm planning to travel from 17/7 to 3/8 for 17 days in sfo, la and San Diego.  

How has your situation changed? 
- I have a business event to attend in August to China and a few business activities for the next 6 months. I am also traveling to china next year in march with my family. I brought my flight ticket. 

She typed a lot on the computer and said sorry she couldn't give me a visa. I asked why, she said because there's no significant change in my profile. 

I asked what kind of changes should I have. She said changes like getting married or getting a masters degree. I replied "but I'm a self employed. What can I change" 

she said "your financial show a low balance last time" 

i told her its because i didnt get to present during my first time but i brought them with me now. However she said it's over because I didn't present it during the interview. 

I would like to try for the third time. Is financial changes a changed? She only saw a balance of $1000 during my first interview (I have 2 acc, only review 1) 

But now I have approx $7000 balance, $12000 fixed deposit and an investment in equity fund. Didn't not present during my second interview as I was focusing on business plan and family ties. 

What are my chances? Any advice please. 

It seems to me the VO finds your business model and income concerning. whilst 4,000 Malaysian Ringgit is an above decent salary in Malaysia, it  is merely 1,000 USD  a month. I will find it's hardly convincing that someone makes less than 1,000 a month could afford a two-month long trip to the states. It's like somebody working at McDonld's here saying that s/he is going on a two month long trip to Switzerland or Norway.

I think you might want to shorten your trip two two weeks or wait till your circumstances are changed.

2 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

You can apply as many ties as you want but unless your situation changes you will still be denied.

In my opinion, here is your problem. Yes you have a business, but it is an online business. This means if you decide to use the visitor visa to come to the US and stay and live and work, you will not lose your business. All you need is a laptop and wifi. A strong business tie is like a factory plant that manufactures products that has lots of employees.

You changing your dates won't help. You getting someone in the US to help, won't help. There is no sponsoring of a visitor visa. It is a immigrant misconception. There isn't a certain amount of money in the your account that will guarantee an approval.

Also, you are young and single. Do you own a home or rent? Or do you live with family? These are all things that are working against you.

Now, the fact that you are going to travel to other countries help a lot. I say go to other countries for you conferences and tourism. She that you are well traveled and don't overstay your visits. Build ties to your country. Are you interested in returning to school?

P.S. What is the country of your origin?

I am from Malaysia. It is an online business but I have 25 dropship agents I work closely with so I am responsible for them and their customers. I also run events with my suppliers in my country to exhibit products to reach to more customers and potential agents. So it's impossible for me to just leave and stay there because I need to deal with stock purchasing and stocks delivering. 

I live with my parents. 

9 minutes ago, mcdull said:

It seems to me the VO finds your business model and income concerning. whilst 4,000 Malaysian Ringgit is an above decent salary in Malaysia, it  is merely 1,000 USD  a month. I will find it's hardly convincing that someone makes less than 1,000 a month could afford a two-month long trip to the states. It's like somebody working at McDonld's here saying that s/he is going on a two month long trip to Switzerland or Norway.

I think you might want to shorten your trip two two weeks or wait till your circumstances are changed.

I've changed my duration to 17 days due to a business trip I'm attending after the vacation (explained in my second interview) 

It's my mistake for presenting my low bank balance during the first interview because I have two accounts. I never thought of income issues because my initial plan was to spend my vacation hiking in the national park (I won't need a lot)

I now have a total of $7000 available in my accounts and it's increasing daily due to my business transactions. Is financial change a changed in circumstances? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

But you can vacation for 2 months?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

25 minutes ago, Cherie1215 said:

I am from Malaysia. It is an online business but I have 25 dropship agents I work closely with so I am responsible for them and their customers. I also run events with my suppliers in my country to exhibit products to reach to more customers and potential agents. So it's impossible for me to just leave and stay there because I need to deal with stock purchasing and stocks delivering. 

I live with my parents. 

That is all good but then it leads to this question by @Boiler.....

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

But you can vacation for 2 months?

What's gonna happen to those dropship agents and suppliers if you are gone for 2 months?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.