14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else on here has experienced the following problem. I have attached a copy of what CEAC has recently updated my case for.. I'm a bit confused as we have gone through the entire process and have been waiting in AP since last June when my husband had his final interview. I have even gotten Congress involved and they advised that it's a sit and wait situation. Any insight on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number: CRO**********
Case Created: 10-Dec-2015
Case Last Updated: 22-Jun-2017

Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, mosha1972 said:

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else on here has experienced the following problem. I have attached a copy of what CEAC has recently updated my case for.. I'm a bit confused as we have gone through the entire process and have been waiting in AP since last June when my husband had his final interview. I have even gotten Congress involved and they advised that it's a sit and wait situation. Any insight on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Expiring Soon
Immigrant Visa Case Number: CRO**********
Case Created: 10-Dec-2015
Case Last Updated: 22-Jun-2017

Section 203(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act requires that your registration be canceled and any petition approved on your behalf canceled, if you do not apply for your immigrant visa within one year of being advised to do so.

You were advised of this requirement over 1 year ago, but we have not received a response from you since then. As a result, your application for a visa has been canceled and any petition approved on your behalf has also been canceled.

Your application may be reinstated and any petition revalidated if, within one year, you can establish that your failure to pursue your immigrant visa application was due to circumstances beyond your control. Please provide a written statement to the Embassy or Consulate outlining the circumstances beyond your control and noting that you still wish to pursue this visa petition.
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Did you even read what they say?

Sorry to say this, but your visa and/or petition has been cancelled. In other words, you are out of game already. It seems that they have been waiting for something from you and they did not hear anything from you in one year do the whole process is cancelled.

You have to start from scratch again if you want your visa.

Timeline

We've been in AP since our final interview and even had congress look into our case 2 months back. Nothing else was needed on our part. Congress was basically told that we need to sit and wait so it's not a matter of us not completing any part of the process.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 minute ago, mosha1972 said:

We've been in AP since our final interview and even had congress look into our case 2 months back. Nothing else was needed on our part. Congress was basically told that we need to sit and wait so it's not a matter of us not completing any part of the process.

Again, if you read that they stated, you'll see that the petition has been cancelled. Why - it's another thing to figure out.

I suggest that you contact your embassy and ask them about all this.

Timeline

In reading through loads of other threads I've noticed that this isn't uncommon, seems to be an automatic update from the system after a years time has passed. and it certainly doesn't mean that I'm out of the game. I think it would be wise of you to not comment on other peoples topic if your not certain of what your talking about. Your comments could be detrimental to an already fragile persons well being.

event.png

9 hours ago, mosha1972 said:

In reading through loads of other threads I've noticed that this isn't uncommon, seems to be an automatic update from the system after a years time has passed. and it certainly doesn't mean that I'm out of the game. I think it would be wise of you to not comment on other peoples topic if your not certain of what your talking about. Your comments could be detrimental to an already fragile persons well being.

Contact the US Embassy in Cairo via email and ask them specifically. No one here can give you an exact answer or an answer you are truly looking for. What it says on your CEAC status is that your petition has been canceled as they did not get the information they asked for. This very well could be a generic response, like you mentioned due to how long you've been in AP. I think it is best for you to either email the embassy or call them and inquire about this, or even have the congressman you were working with to have them contact the embassy; they may have better luck getting an actual answer.

I hope and pray that your petition has not been can canceled and that this update will become something positive and you and your spouse with be together so soon. Please let us know once you get a response on what your status it. 

Timeline

Thank you kindly for your response and also for being helpful and not being negative. I will be mailing the consulate however, being the holiday they won't be open until Tuesday.. which as you might imagine seems like forever in this situation. I will definitely keep y'all posted 😊... EID Mubarak!!

event.png

~~moved to AP from IR1/CR1 process and procedures.  OP is is in AP currently and has received this notification~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't worry it is  automatic once you pass the one year mark.  We got one as well.  As long as you have been in contact with USCIS and/or NVC they know what is going on.  When we got this I panicked and emailed the embassy.  They also sent me and email saying not to worry, they were just waiting on USCIS to send them papers.  I got another one later also saying that all my file had been destroyed and we needed to refile.  This was also an auto response.  I almost had a stroke.  I am not sure if you are waiting on and NOIR/NOID or not like we were but try not to worry.  I finally got my hubby here and hopefully you will too.  Good luck

Timeline

Hi DeeCSC,

Thank you kindly for your response, I completely know what you mean by nearly having a stroke. I got this message on Friday and I've had to sit it out since then.. I've already mailed the embassy and asked for verification.. They have no idea what their putting us through.. I'm not sure what you meant by NOIR/NOID ... I just know that we're waiting on an approval or God forbid a denial. I'm just curious to know, though I also know each case is unique... How long after you got this horrid notification did It take you to get an approval?

Thanks again :)

event.png

On 6/25/2017 at 2:36 AM, mosha1972 said:

Thank you kindly for your response and also for being helpful and not being negative. I will be mailing the consulate however, being the holiday they won't be open until Tuesday.. which as you might imagine seems like forever in this situation. I will definitely keep y'all posted 😊... EID Mubarak!!

Eid mubarak to you as well. :) I hope so soon you get good news of your approval/visa issued.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For us, my husband had his first interview in Oct 2014.  It was in AP for 5 months before it was sent back to USCIS for further review.  It took 4 months to finally get to USCIS and then it was there 13 months before we were sent NOIR which gave us the reasons they sent it back.  We had 30 days to send in our rebuttal.  It was then reaffirmed (approved again) and took another 7 months for a new interview.   If I remember correctly that one came after 1 yrs of waiting.  The embassy was good enough to email me quickly and told me not to worry it was fine.  I also called USCIS and NVC and talked to supervisors in both offices to make sure because I didn't trust anyone.  All gave me the same answer LOL all was fine and not to worry. I am not sure what happened after your interview so can't say what you are waiting for.   Feel free to send me a message with any questions if I can help.  Good Luck.

Timeline

Just an Update **

I'm happy to say that after contacting the embassy that they put us back in AP, as I've been advised on here that they would.. ( Who ever thought AP would look so good :/ )Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my plea and give me guidance.. I can't tell y'all how much I appreciate the positive feedback and kindness to reach out and keep me calm.. Y'all are a great group of people !!

Thanks again!!

Edited by mosha1972
forgot something

event.png

4 hours ago, mosha1972 said:

Just an Update **

I'm happy to say that after contacting the embassy that they put us back in AP, as I've been advised on here that they would.. ( Who ever thought AP would look so good :/ )Thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my plea and give me guidance.. I can't tell y'all how much I appreciate the positive feedback and kindness to reach out and keep me calm.. Y'all are a great group of people !!

Thanks again!!

So glad you got in contact with them. Hoping so soon the AP ends and the Visa is issued and you and your husband be together so soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.