DebbieinCO

Relationship photos

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Generally 5-6 photos is decent; but some countries it may be better to send more. I'd max it at 10 honestly.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sudan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Generally 5-6 photos is decent; but some countries it may be better to send more. I'd max it at 10 honestly.

I sent in 50 pics I know my spouse since 2002.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
26 minutes ago, DILAW said:

Are you serious, you sent 100?  I think that's too much.  I personally sent 5.  Maybe that's not much, but 50 or 100 I would think is way too much

Well as you can see it didn't hurt soo:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There is no truly right answer.  Other than photos being used as proof of actually meeting in person in the past two years, the rest are just secondary evidence of a relationship.  Send whatever you are comfortable with and save some for the consulate interview.  Personally, we sent 4.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

What I did was I had a photo to show every relevant event in our relationship :)

I put it in a word document, put dates and a short description of the event. Placed also tickets of travel and events we went to together.

So it depends on how long you have been together. :P

I would say minimum of 10 though. Good luck!

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

16 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

There is no truly right answer.  Other than photos being used as proof of actually meeting in person in the past two years, the rest are just secondary evidence of a relationship.  Send whatever you are comfortable with and save some for the consulate interview.  Personally, we sent 4.

Good Luck!

Thats what I can of did.  I sent the first photo from the wedding ceremony of my wife and I.  The second photo is also from the wedding ceremony with our families.  Third picture of us on our honeymoon and the 4th photo is before we got married at a park.  I sent 4 not 5.  I don't see a value of sending 50 photos or even 10.  Unless each photo was from a different month and you are trying to proof that you have known the person from over 5 years, but even that is too much in my opinion.

It would be funny if the person that sent 100 photos got a RFE lol

I sent 0 photo's (I hate photo's so there aren't any).

Only requirement is to sent in proof of having met in the last 2 years. There is no USCIS requirement for ongoing relationship. Some embassies however do want to see this. Check your local forum and embassy reviews for the answer for your specific country.

I sent 40-50 photos. We've been together over a year and I've been back to see him over 7 times during the entire relationship. It's probably excessive but I like to paint the full picture for them, I guess! :P

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

On 6/23/2017 at 3:56 PM, Fr8dog said:

I sent 0 photo's (I hate photo's so there aren't any).

Only requirement is to sent in proof of having met in the last 2 years. There is no USCIS requirement for ongoing relationship. Some embassies however do want to see this. Check your local forum and embassy reviews for the answer for your specific country.

When I received the RFE, the USCIS asked for proof for ongoing relationship.  They asked for that exactly

We didn't send any photos, just boarding passes and passport stamps to prove that we had met within the last 2 years.  We did have pictures (about 6) for the interview, but the CO never asked to see them.

6 hours ago, DILAW said:

When I received the RFE, the USCIS asked for proof for ongoing relationship.  They asked for that exactly

Looks like you are going the I-130 route. I am talking about the I-129 route.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.