Diego&Dianna

Venezuela K1 Visa filers

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Im trying to find out an estimate from anyone else who is also going through a K1 visa process (or recently did) regarding how long it took you to have your interview at the US consulate in Caracas, Venezuela? I have read here and there that the embassy is pretty backed up and I'd like to have a better idea on how long you may have had to wait. I checked the country portal here on Visa Journey but was unable to locate any information on this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you! 😀

If you look here, http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php, it takes an average of 76 days between the embassy receiving the case file to the actual interview :) That's just data involving VJers so it's an approximation.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

If you look here, http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php, it takes an average of 76 days between the embassy receiving the case file to the actual interview :) That's just data involving VJers so it's an approximation.

Thanks! Oh my that's a long time! Here I was thinking that the hardest part of the wait would be to receive approval from USCIS :wacko:

Here's a few things that you need to factor in when looking at the time:

1) Interview dates availability. This is limited.

2) Collection of relevant required and supporting documents takes time.

3) Medical checkup needs time too. 

One to two months is very common but depends on factors listed above. Backlog or high number of cases that require interview may affect the interview dates availability.

Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Ours took 7 weeks (8 weeks from when NVC assigned our case number to interview). Good Luck!

Edited by Dotagirlandboy

K-1

Spoiler

4/20/16: Application Mailed

4/26/16: NOA1 (Hard Copy Received: 4/30/16)

7/11/16: NOA2 (Hard Copy Received: 7/14/16)

7/28/16: NVC Case# Received!

9/27/16: Interview (APPROVED)

10/28/16: POE

11/26/16: Wedding

AOS

Spoiler

12/9/16: Package Delivered to Chicago

12/14/16: Check Cashed

12/15/17: NOA1 (All cases)

1/13/17: Biometrics Appointment

1/20/17: Status Changed (I485): Ready to schedule Interview

3/10/17: Service Request (I765) by phone (91 days)

3/10/17: EAD Approved ("New Card is Being Produced")

3/16/17: Received EAD/AP Approval notices in mail

3/21/17: EAD Status Changed: "Card has been mailed to me"

3/21/17: EAD/AP Combo Card received in the mail (102 days) (YAYYYY)

9/13/17: Date of Interview (Approved!)

9/13/17: Status changed to Card in production

9/14/17: Status changed to Case Approved

9/19/17: Green Card in Hand :D

ROC
Spoiler
5/15/19: NOA: Received reminder letter to file from USCIS
6/20/19: Mailed Package to USCIS PO BOX AZ
6/22/19: Package Delivered (signed for by USCIS)
6/26/19: NOA1 (hard copy received 6/28/19)
6/27/19: Check Cashed, text/email received to expect receipt. 
6/28/19: Hard Copy NOA1 Received (California Svs Center)
1/15/20: Biometrics taken
4/16/20: Case Approved
4/22/20: green card in hand 😄

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Diego&Dianna - i know your question is about the interview...but i also filed a K1 for my fiance who is from Venezuela...they received it 3/23/17 - i'm curious if you've already received the uscis approval? we're worried that if uscis depends on venezuela for any background check etc., it could take forever given the current state in caracas. have you guys already received the uscis approval and are just now waiting on getting the letter to schedule your interview? if so, how long did that take? thanks

Timeline
8 minutes ago, michellexle said:

Hi Diego&Dianna - i know your question is about the interview...but i also filed a K1 for my fiance who is from Venezuela...they received it 3/23/17 - i'm curious if you've already received the uscis approval? we're worried that if uscis depends on venezuela for any background check etc., it could take forever given the current state in caracas. have you guys already received the uscis approval and are just now waiting on getting the letter to schedule your interview? if so, how long did that take? thanks

Hi! Our i129f was received by USCIS on 3/24/17 and we are still waiting. We haven't heard anything yet about our case. I noticed that they are barely starting to work on late March filers. We are also worried about the background check due to the current state in Venezuela. Hopefully we both get our approvals as soon as possible!!

• 6 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline

hi, I was wondering if you ended up going through the process and getting visa K-1.  we got approved and waiting on the antecedente penales to be apostillado.   question is,    how long did it take to get the interview with the embassy, also how long did it take with the doctor.  I'm trying to time it so that I can go to venezuela for the interview with the embassy.   (dont want any excuses)    so if i make the interview for april 13th 2018, and the police certificate apostilled for march 6,   do u recommend paying the uscis and set up the appointment with the embassy and set up appointment with doctor now, or should i wait until after I get the police certificate taken care of first?    then set up appointment with embassy.    thoughts,  also how long did it take to get the visa after the interview assumed approved.  

20 hours ago, pookeye said:

hi, I was wondering if you ended up going through the process and getting visa K-1.  we got approved and waiting on the antecedente penales to be apostillado.   question is,    how long did it take to get the interview with the embassy, also how long did it take with the doctor.  I'm trying to time it so that I can go to venezuela for the interview with the embassy.   (dont want any excuses)    so if i make the interview for april 13th 2018, and the police certificate apostilled for march 6,   do u recommend paying the uscis and set up the appointment with the embassy and set up appointment with doctor now, or should i wait until after I get the police certificate taken care of first?    then set up appointment with embassy.    thoughts,  also how long did it take to get the visa after the interview assumed approved.  

why are you making everything more complicated by getting apostille for a document that expires in 6 months? and even more in a country where apostilles takes forever?.

You should get the police certificate after your file reach NVC.

Edited by ASMS

Filed: Other Timeline

hello @ASMS,  I was under the impression that the antecedente penales document needed to be apostille,   can you confirm whether this needs to be or not?    yes it seems a bit ridiculous that we would need to have this apostilled.   and oh god trying to get into the website to get the antecedente penales was a ridiculous endeavor.  

so are you saying this does NOT need to be apostille?   we already have the antecedente penales from the website.  so now that I already have the police certificate,  and yes the file already reached NVC.    We submitted DS-160,   got the police certificate,  and am essentially ready to pay the embassy fees.  but need to  know if i need to get police certificate apostilled or NOT.   

unfortunately for me the instructions were not entirely clear to me.    NVC already said they have sent the documents to the embassy.   

thanks

Edited by pookeye

7 hours ago, pookeye said:

hello @ASMS,  I was under the impression that the antecedente penales document needed to be apostille,   can you confirm whether this needs to be or not?    yes it seems a bit ridiculous that we would need to have this apostilled.   and oh god trying to get into the website to get the antecedente penales was a ridiculous endeavor.  

so are you saying this does NOT need to be apostille?   we already have the antecedente penales from the website.  so now that I already have the police certificate,  and yes the file already reached NVC.    We submitted DS-160,   got the police certificate,  and am essentially ready to pay the embassy fees.  but need to  know if i need to get police certificate apostilled or NOT.   

unfortunately for me the instructions were not entirely clear to me.    NVC already said they have sent the documents to the embassy.   

thanks

The good news is that you don't need the apostille for any documentation if is for the US.

In my case I decided to get the apostille only for other documents like academics, birth certificate, and the marriage certificate, but it would be impossible for someone in Venezuela to apostille a document like police records every 6 months.

When you read the details of the documents for Venezuela at the website of NVC, none of them is required to be apostille. I believe it work for other countries from Europe and south America, but not for the US.

You are so close to finish the process!, so you are waiting the confirmation to get the medical examination? We just started with the NVC, but they haven't receive the file yet, we had to wait so long at NebraskaSC.

• 6 months later...
Timeline

Hi everyone :)

We are new here. Filed K1 and received NOA1 on 8/13/18.  We are now settling in for a long wait and planning a trip to meet in Colombia in a couple of months.  Just wondering if there are any support groups for folks with loved ones in Venezuela going through the immigration process?

Thank you,  Joe and Johanna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.