Marium

Time between NVC filing and final action dates of visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am looking for some guidance here regarding F2A visa/ spousal visa. My husband filed my visa on 22nd December 2015. I got my case approval in April 2016. Now I got a mail telling me that my visa number is current and I was asked to submit the documents to NVC which we did in May. I have been waiting for an interview call since then. It has been 21 days since we sent all the documents. As per the current USCIS processing, my final action date would be somewhere in September/October. However I was reading that these final action dates are very conservative and you get your visa before that. If there's anyone who can let me know how much longer do I need to wait before I get my visa, I'd be grateful. And I forgot to mention my husband is a green card holder, studying and working in the US. He is also from Pakistani origin and I also hold a Pakistani passport. 

Edited by Marium
Wrong text

Filed: Timeline

Did the email say your priority date was current or that it was ready to start the NVC process? Your category's current priority date is 8 September 2015, according to the July 2017 Visa Bulletin, so you have have some time to wait before your priority date is current and being called for an interview. NVC usually sends out requests for submitting documents a few months before the case is current. Perhaps that's what happened in your case. Or perhaps a priority date retrogressed. If so, you will need to wait until the priority date is current again.

Edited by jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.