Pressko

Visa touristique Canada refused :(

23 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

April 2016, I applied for a tourist visa usa, in order to vissait my girlfriend in Chicago, the request was refused, after one monte we décide to apply for another tourist visa, but this time in Canada, I have not declared that I did not have the first tourist visa of USA, they refused the request because of the false statements, they told me that I will not be allowed to enter Canada 5 years,

After a year we got married at morocco, then she asked for the Green card for me to join her.

My question is what this incident can impact on the application of Green card after a year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

and why were you denied 5 years entry to canada if you were applying for the usa i think that you have a 5 year ban in the usa rather than canada? if so your chances of getting a visa a low

If you got a ban for lying than you won't get a green card until the ban is over. Also speaking English would help people understand your problem.  

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Roel said:

If you got a ban for lying than you won't get a green card until the ban is over. Also speaking English would help people understand your problem.  

I spoke French, because it seemed obvious that OP was more comfortable in this language. From what I gathered OP applied for a tourist visa to go visit his girlfriend in the US but was denied. Subsequently he applied for a tourist visa to go to Canada but failed to mention that he applied and was rejected for a US visa in the past - it is one of the questions Immigration Canada asks you when applying for a visitors visa. He then incurred a 5 year travel ban to Canada because of misrepresentation on his Canadian visitors visa application. OP was anxious to know if this would impact his green card application in any way, to which I responded "It is not going to change anything for the green card, no worries". 

OP should however be aware that he is apparently coming from a country that is often scrutinized  and that AP is highly possible. 

Edited by simsim2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, simsim2 said:

"It is not going to change anything for the green card, no worries". 

It's possible it could. If you have a ban from the US, Canada won't let you in. They figure if you did something big enough to be banned here you would be at risk for doing something there also. 

So its possible his Canadian ban can impact entry to the US. Multiple visa attempts (albeit different countries), lying to Canadian immigration may be seen as desperate to get to US. 

And I've never understood why non-native English speakers don't have their USC partner (when applicable) make a VJ account where they may better understand the answers. 

I applied for a tourist visa to go visit my girlfriend in the US but was denied. Subsequently i applied for a tourist visa to go to Canada but failed to mention that i applied and was rejected for a US visa in the past - it is one of the questions Immigration Canada asks you when applying for a visitors visa. I then incurred a 5 year travel ban to Canada because of misrepresentation on his Canadian visitors visa application. I ant to know if this would impact my green card application in any way, 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi. Sir i understand your concern. It wil not affect your us immigration application. But my advice is this. Never lie on immigration application to the usa. If this qiestion come up at a certain point tell thr officer that you were ban for misrepresentation and explain to him what exactly happen. Telling the truth will always help you when it is related to immigration affair.

I don't believe the Canadian visa bar has a US visa bar as well. However, the US and Canada share information about applicants and travelers, so I would not be surprised if they are/would be aware of the misrepresentation finding. Since you are going through one of the most difficult US embassies, getting a visa issued will be quite difficult.

8 hours ago, Seth And Quynh said:

and why were you denied 5 years entry to canada if you were applying for the usa i think that you have a 5 year ban in the usa rather than canada? if so your chances of getting a visa a low

If I'm reading it correctly, he lied on the Canadian visa application, hence why he has the ban there. The US has a permanent bar for misrepresentation, not 5 years.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't think anyone can really say for sure if your 5 year ban from entry to Canada will effect the CR1 visa in the US. It is believed that Canada and the US do share information about visa applications, so your ban could become known if you do go through with any kind of visa to the US. If you are questioned about it, always tell the truth. As others have said, never lie or misrepresent any travel or visa application history, this could result in permanent bans. The Casablanca consulate is not an easy consulate to go through, especially for tourist visa, so your initial denial for the US visitor visa is not surprising, however it shouldn't effect future visa applications. 

Edited by RJandHamid

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Do not start more then one thread for the same topic.   Non English post removed. English only except the regional forums.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

4 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Green card? You mean application for a immigrant visa for us? .... Which visa have you applied for?

Now, my wife applied a visa CR from Chgicago for me, but in 2016 it was visa tourist 

Edited by Pressko

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.