Auds

Cr-1 interview Abu Dhabi in less than a week

10 posts in this topic

I have got all docs together as in docs requested - marrage, birth, prev divorce cert etc

and our wedding album.

we have visited each other 18 times in the past two years.

i am experiencing anxiety perhaps interview and move related at the moment.

hubby will not be allowed inside embassy and i find this bery upsetting.

It might be difficult for some to understand but given my severe ADD and current terrible anxiety i do not want to take more documents than required.  I know they can so easily look up my travel dates etc.  the papers can overwhelm me and i have enough experience of dropping them all in similair situations and fumbling with them.

My anxiety is really bad at the moment and i have barely eaten or done any productive work for a week now.

Hubby will be here tomorrow and i may feel better.

my questions:

Do i really need to find tickets and stuff to prove we met?  In the past with B1 and all CBP officers i have got away with verbal answers.

if my anxiety continues, should i take a doctor's letter - as I can blank out on information such as dates, names even when anxious combine with my underlying ADD.  You see eye contact at times can be a struggle with the combination and what if its taken as lying?

Could hubby not simply enter embassy with his passport?  I mean he could have a silly question on countries safe for travel or something!  Its not like I am a child, just this involves everything i have ever known - leaving all and moving for my all.  Its overwhelming. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sorry you are going through all this. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you. Is there a way you can separate your evidence into smaller, more manageable stacks with binder clips or several folders or envelopes? So heaven forbid you did get flustered and drop something the part might be smaller? 

It sounds like you have a TON of evidence and I can't speak about the UAE embassy of course but it seems most question are related to your relationship and less about your proof. 

You could get a letter frpm from your doctor if it would make you feel better but if so, two things to consider: they might view it as a "disability", which is fine, but was it in your medical? And 2- present it up front if you do, otherwise if you give it later after there's a problem it could be seen as trying to cover up. Full disclosure up front let's them know about lack of eye contact, maybe needing an extra few minutes to put thoughts together etc. I think it's almost better they know it really I would just want consistency between the two physicians who evaluated you - but I haven't had a visa medical exam - maybe that's irrelevant. 

Do you have any Ativan or medication you can take day of to help

you? 

1 hour ago, EandH0904 said:

I am sorry you are going through all this. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you. Is there a way you can separate your evidence into smaller, more manageable stacks with binder clips or several folders or envelopes? So heaven forbid you did get flustered and drop something the part might be smaller? 

It sounds like you have a TON of evidence and I can't speak about the UAE embassy of course but it seems most question are related to your relationship and less about your proof. 

You could get a letter frpm from your doctor if it would make you feel better but if so, two things to consider: they might view it as a "disability", which is fine, but was it in your medical? And 2- present it up front if you do, otherwise if you give it later after there's a problem it could be seen as trying to cover up. Full disclosure up front let's them know about lack of eye contact, maybe needing an extra few minutes to put thoughts together etc. I think it's almost better they know it really I would just want consistency between the two physicians who evaluated you - but I haven't had a visa medical exam - maybe that's irrelevant. 

Do you have any Ativan or medication you can take day of to help

you? 

Yes its mentioned in my medical.  Thanks for a long reply.  Will get binders thing done.  Hubby will do it once he gets here after 25 hours of flying + connections :)

i can be very good at times and am someone who has done TV interviews even - somehow there's a lot of weight on this one interview as its the second time round with marriage. Kids involved both sides.  I have let go of my business and life here.  Moving to a completely different world.  Childhood and past marriage involved heavy and serious abuse and finally life is so much better on a personal front.

then there is psycho ex who has made some fleeting comments like he has written to embassy that my marriage is fraud and stuff like that.   He knows my successful business lady front has an emotional sensitive person when it comes to my personal life and he plays it.  He even has claimed i am still his wife (!). In actuality we Divorced in two countries and its 7 to 8 years since.  Perhaps those add to my anxieties.

thanks for reminding me - i am on some meds but will take a stimulant med for intw day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Auds said:

Yes its mentioned in my medical.  Thanks for a long reply.  Will get binders thing done.  Hubby will do it once he gets here after 25 hours of flying + connections :)

i can be very good at times and am someone who has done TV interviews even - somehow there's a lot of weight on this one interview as its the second time round with marriage. Kids involved both sides.  I have let go of my business and life here.  Moving to a completely different world.  Childhood and past marriage involved heavy and serious abuse and finally life is so much better on a personal front.

then there is psycho ex who has made some fleeting comments like he has written to embassy that my marriage is fraud and stuff like that.   He knows my successful business lady front has an emotional sensitive person when it comes to my personal life and he plays it.  He even has claimed i am still his wife (!). In actuality we Divorced in two countries and its 7 to 8 years since.  Perhaps those add to my anxieties.

Block the psycho ex. Do not contact him. Block him everywhere...if possible. If it's a face to face meeting because of work or something, I see how that's more complicated.

If you front loaded your case, your interview will probably go smoothly. I would bring photos as proof that you met. Don't worry about eye contact, you'll be looking through a glass window during the interview anyway. Plus the IO will probably be typing as you speak, it's not a big deal. I'm sorry your husband won't be allowed inside...strange, they allow spouses to accompany people here. Did you call the Embassy directly to ask? I am almost certain for immigrant visa interviews that USC spouses are allowed inside.

Edited by millefleur

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

1 hour ago, millefleur said:

Block the psycho ex. Do not contact him. Block him everywhere...if possible. If it's a face to face meeting because of work or something, I see how that's more complicated.

If you front loaded your case, your interview will probably go smoothly. I would bring photos as proof that you met. Don't worry about eye contact, you'll be looking through a glass window during the interview anyway. Plus the IO will probably be typing as you speak, it's not a big deal. I'm sorry your husband won't be allowed inside...strange, they allow spouses to accompany people here. Did you call the Embassy directly to ask? I am almost certain for immigrant visa interviews that USC spouses are allowed inside.

Psycho ex i end up seeing time to time because of kids :(  

Embassy here is a diff story - no calls at all allowed!  Anyway other VJers have confd spouse not allowed.

petition front loaded with a lot and 18 roind trip if 14 to 30 hours flying each way should say a lot to them :)

hopefully even if psycho ex has written any nonsense they ignore it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Auds said:

Psycho ex i end up seeing time to time because of kids :(  

Embassy here is a diff story - no calls at all allowed!  Anyway other VJers have confd spouse not allowed.

petition front loaded with a lot and 18 roind trip if 14 to 30 hours flying each way should say a lot to them :)

hopefully even if psycho ex has written any nonsense they ignore it.

I don't see how the psycho ex could contribute anything to you case. There is a unique case number and they keep it all pretty confidential as far as I understand. A random letter or email without a connection to your case number would just be deleted or sent to spam/thrown out. Don't worry about it. He just sounds jealous and bitter and is playing off of your nervousness.

I'm sorry to hear they don't let spouses into the Embassy...that is a bummer. :( Hopefully everything will go well. Sounds like you have a solid case with lots of evidence. Your interview is coming up and there is light at the end of the tunnel!

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Same here...at the Ghana Embassy, no spouse allowed inside unfortunately.  I send a email to the embassy to confirm and I did get a reply in a few days stating no spouse allowed inside unless my name was indicated on the interview form. 

As I told my husband just take deep breathes and it will be over.  Sounds like you have all your paper work required and you front loaded so that's great.  This daunting process will not last forever.....Good Luck!  :jest:

• 2 weeks later...

I remembered this post of mine and thought will update.  I had a longer interview with a bit of extra questioning, was the last person in the embassy even though was one of the first ones in.... but in the end all went well.

managed to keep calm (forgot meds but still did okay)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congratulations!  Happy that all went well!

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.