Tima and Hamza

Filing I-129f while abroad

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello! My fiancé and I are about to mail our I-129f petition but I am confused about something. On the G-325A, it asks for your addresses. Currently I am in Morocco with my fiancé. I have been here for almost 1 year but i still consider my address to be the one in the U.S. The last time I came to Morocco, I also stayed for more than 1 year with him. I am very confused about the present address. I will receive my mail in the U.S, as i do intent on going back after we have filed our petition but what do i write on the G-325A? I know this question is very confusing but please i need help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can list your current address in Morocco as your present address. You can attach a short explanation describing how you are currently living in Morocco, but plan to return to the US soon if you would like. Any mail related to the I-129F will be sent to the mailing address you list in the US. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

You can list your current address in Morocco as your present address. You can attach a short explanation describing how you are currently living in Morocco, but plan to return to the US soon if you would like. Any mail related to the I-129F will be sent to the mailing address you list in the US. 

Thank You! Do I attach the address explanation to the g-325A or should I put it in the table of contents and attach it separately?

-sorry for the extreme detailing, the process is just so confusing to me.

Timeline
Just now, Tima and Hamza said:

Thank You! Do I attach the address explanation to the g-325A or should I put it in the table of contents and attach it separately?

-sorry for the extreme detailing, the process is just so confusing to me.

You could probably do it either way, but I would attach the explanation directly to the G-325. You can list it on the table of contents if you want, but I don't think it is required. I added a few explanations to my I-129F petition and did not list them in my table of contents and my petition was just a approved a few weeks ago. With that being said it often depends on the officer reviewing your case, so it wouldn't hurt to list any extra notes and explanations in the table of contents.

It sure can be a complicated process! This forum was so helpful for me when I was putting my petition together. :)

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

You could probably do it either way, but I would attach the explanation directly to the G-325. You can list it on the table of contents if you want, but I don't think it is required. I added a few explanations to my I-129F petition and did not list them in my table of contents and my petition was just a approved a few weeks ago. With that being said it often depends on the officer reviewing your case, so it wouldn't hurt to list any extra notes and explanations in the table of contents.

It sure can be a complicated process! This forum was so helpful for me when I was putting my petition together. :)

You can't imagine how helpful this was! I've been going at this for months and didn't get any good responses from anywhere. You're right this forum is sooo helpful. Thanks again! :D 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tima and Hamza said:

You can't imagine how helpful this was! I've been going at this for months and didn't get any good responses from anywhere. You're right this forum is sooo helpful. Thanks again! :D 

You are very welcome. 

I filed for my fiancé in Morocco as well. Morocco is known to be a bit on a tougher side when it comes to getting a K1 visa, so be sure to include a lot of evidence of your relationship in your initial petition. This will help you when they review your packet at the interview stage. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

You are very welcome. 

I filed for my fiancé in Morocco as well. Morocco is known to be a bit on a tougher side when it comes to getting a K1 visa, so be sure to include a lot of evidence of your relationship in your initial petition. This will help you when they review your packet at the interview stage. 

Yeah i hear it's a country with a lot of fraud visas. We included about 30 photos + 20 photos just from our engagement. We had a traditional Moroccan engagement so there are a lot of pictures. Do you think that's enough evidence? (plus a detailed full page of how we met and a small description of our story) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tima and Hamza said:

Yeah i hear it's a country with a lot of fraud visas. We included about 30 photos + 20 photos just from our engagement. We had a traditional Moroccan engagement so there are a lot of pictures. Do you think that's enough evidence? (plus a detailed full page of how we met and a small description of our story) 

I do think that you provided enough photos, especially if you have photos with family and friends. I've heard mixed things about engagement photos. For the most part, they seem to be really helpful, as long as the officer reviewing the case doesn't think that they are marriage ceremony photos. I do think that the biggest red flag they look for is age difference, especially when the woman is much older than the man. People can overcome this obstacle, but they do face more scrutiny at the interview usually. Since you have living together, you will will likely have an easier time proving the validity of your relationship. To be honest, I could see them questioning why you have lived together for so long and not married, since that isn't a cultural norm in Morocco. As long as you have an explanation for this at the interview, I don't see you having much trouble. Then again they might not even question it! Hoping the best for you guys and the process moves along quickly. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

I do think that you provided enough photos, especially if you have photos with family and friends. I've heard mixed things about engagement photos. For the most part, they seem to be really helpful, as long as the officer reviewing the case doesn't think that they are marriage ceremony photos. I do think that the biggest red flag they look for is age difference, especially when the woman is much older than the man. People can overcome this obstacle, but they do face more scrutiny at the interview usually. Since you have living together, you will will likely have an easier time proving the validity of your relationship. To be honest, I could see them questioning why you have lived together for so long and not married, since that isn't a cultural norm in Morocco. As long as you have an explanation for this at the interview, I don't see you having much trouble. Then again they might not even question it! Hoping the best for you guys and the process moves along quickly. 

The only reason why we aren't married is because I really want to be married in my homeland with my family and friends. I think that's reasonable for them to understand right? We are only 3 years apart in age and we've known each other for many years . My parents' homeland is Morocco and i used to come with them during summer vacation. I met my fiance when we were both children. If that's not a genuine relationship I don't know what is .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Check the versions of your forms. They released a new version of the I-129f a few months ago and the g-325a is no longer required.

Relationship:     First met 2015, Married since Oct 2016

Spoiler

2015 Apr - First met and started chatting online (he was in the US on a J-1 visa)

2015 Sep - J-1 visa expires (2 year home stay requirement)

2016 Feb - First trip to China (10 days): met friends and family, celebrated Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), lots of sightseeing (including seeing pandas), and lots of food

2016 Feb 06 - Purchase matching jade necklaces to mark engagement

2016 Jun/Jul - Second trip to China (10 days): lots more sightseeing, food, and time with friends/family

2016 Sep/Oct - Third trip to China (10 days) this time with my parents so that my parents could meet him and his mom, along with lots of sightseeing and food (i'm sure you've picked up on a trend by now :D)

2016 Oct - At the end of the time in China my parents, myself, and Xuan all traveled to Canada (7 days) so that we could get married, but unfortunately his mom couldn't come along with us.

2016 Oct 08 - Wedding day on top of Mount Washington on Vancouver Island, and it had just snowed the night before. (L)(L)

2017 Jan - Fourth trip to China (7 days), you guessed it: food, family, friends, spring festival, ...

The CR-1 Process:    NOA1 - PD 27 Dec 2016 (TSC)

Spoiler

2016 Dec 21 - Sent I-130 packet (along with G-1145 for e-notification) by USPS priority mail express (1-day), but missed the pick-up so it won't actually leave till the next day

2016 Dec 23 - Delivery confirmed by USPS

2017 Jan 03 - Payment drawn from bank account

2017 Jan 04 - Text and email confirming USCIS receipt of petition, assignment to Texas Service Center for processing and SRC case number

2017 Jan 09 - Received I-797c notice of action by mail (NOA1) with assigned priority date of 27 Dec 2016

2017 ??? ......... just waiting patiently for NOA2 (hopefully by April/May if they ever stop transferring cases from Nebraska)

Timeline
5 hours ago, EG&XY said:

Check the versions of your forms. They released a new version of the I-129f a few months ago and the g-325a is no longer required.

Really? The version I have is supposed to expire June 30th, 2017. Is it okay if I do send it ? I REALLY don't wanna make any mistakes . :) 

-Thank you for your help by the way!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 5/23/2017 at 1:28 PM, Tima and Hamza said:

Really? The version I have is supposed to expire June 30th, 2017. Is it okay if I do send it ? I REALLY don't wanna make any mistakes . :) 

-Thank you for your help by the way!

Yes. Per the USCIS website:

"04/10/17. Starting 06/09/2017, we will only accept the 04/10/17 edition. Until then, you can use the 12/23/16 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions."

The expiration date doesn't really mean much. What you need to know is which edition you have (it will be in the lower left corner of the document). I assume you have the 12/23/16 version. Technically they will still accept that version for about two and a half more weeks. However, if I were you I wouldn't chance it. I would just fill out the new form (04/10/17 edition). I'm guessing you would have all the relevant information it it probably won't take you that long.

Also, regardless, make sure that you check to make sure that you submit the correct fee with the petition.

Relationship:     First met 2015, Married since Oct 2016

Spoiler

2015 Apr - First met and started chatting online (he was in the US on a J-1 visa)

2015 Sep - J-1 visa expires (2 year home stay requirement)

2016 Feb - First trip to China (10 days): met friends and family, celebrated Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), lots of sightseeing (including seeing pandas), and lots of food

2016 Feb 06 - Purchase matching jade necklaces to mark engagement

2016 Jun/Jul - Second trip to China (10 days): lots more sightseeing, food, and time with friends/family

2016 Sep/Oct - Third trip to China (10 days) this time with my parents so that my parents could meet him and his mom, along with lots of sightseeing and food (i'm sure you've picked up on a trend by now :D)

2016 Oct - At the end of the time in China my parents, myself, and Xuan all traveled to Canada (7 days) so that we could get married, but unfortunately his mom couldn't come along with us.

2016 Oct 08 - Wedding day on top of Mount Washington on Vancouver Island, and it had just snowed the night before. (L)(L)

2017 Jan - Fourth trip to China (7 days), you guessed it: food, family, friends, spring festival, ...

The CR-1 Process:    NOA1 - PD 27 Dec 2016 (TSC)

Spoiler

2016 Dec 21 - Sent I-130 packet (along with G-1145 for e-notification) by USPS priority mail express (1-day), but missed the pick-up so it won't actually leave till the next day

2016 Dec 23 - Delivery confirmed by USPS

2017 Jan 03 - Payment drawn from bank account

2017 Jan 04 - Text and email confirming USCIS receipt of petition, assignment to Texas Service Center for processing and SRC case number

2017 Jan 09 - Received I-797c notice of action by mail (NOA1) with assigned priority date of 27 Dec 2016

2017 ??? ......... just waiting patiently for NOA2 (hopefully by April/May if they ever stop transferring cases from Nebraska)

Timeline
8 hours ago, EG&XY said:

Yes. Per the USCIS website:

"04/10/17. Starting 06/09/2017, we will only accept the 04/10/17 edition. Until then, you can use the 12/23/16 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions."

The expiration date doesn't really mean much. What you need to know is which edition you have (it will be in the lower left corner of the document). I assume you have the 12/23/16 version. Technically they will still accept that version for about two and a half more weeks. However, if I were you I wouldn't chance it. I would just fill out the new form (04/10/17 edition). I'm guessing you would have all the relevant information it it probably won't take you that long.

Also, regardless, make sure that you check to make sure that you submit the correct fee with the petition.

Yeah thank you for telling me I didn't know. Okay just to make sure the forms that i will be sending in total are:

-I-129f

-intent to marry (both me and my fiance)

-cover letter

-g-1145

-proof of my citizenship

-proof of our meeting

-proof of our relaionship (we are including)

Sorry for the extreme detailing i'm just so nervous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.