14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know if we both need to be present to the interview in my Fiancé's country? I just want to be prepared if that's the case. Or do I go to a separate interview here? Also whats a good way to help the process along? This waiting is making me work too hard to make the time pass. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nothing can really "help" the process along, it goes as it goes.

As to you attending the interview, if they allow the USC into the interview then sure you could go. Some countries do, some don't.

With Nigeria it could be beneficial just them knowing you were there even if not physically allowed inside, shows strong commitment.

Nigeria is not an easy embassy to go through.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

18 minutes ago, KaraChi said:

Does anyone know if we both need to be present to the interview in my Fiancé's country? I just want to be prepared if that's the case. Or do I go to a separate interview here? Also whats a good way to help the process along? This waiting is making me work too hard to make the time pass. 

As said previously you do not need to be at there for your fiance's interview. Some people do go to try and help if there are any issues, I went to my fiance's interview for that reason. But be aeare that some countries allow the petitioner to be at the interview and some do not.  

You can not do anything to help the process along, it takes as long as it will take. Also a FYI  a lawyer can not help it go faster either. If there is a need for more information then they will request it from you, so make sure you check your email or physical mail periodically.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Timeline

How do I or my fiance find out if I can go to the interview or not? I want to be there. But I am not sure if I can take a leave from my job at that time. But we will make it work. 

22 minutes ago, KaraChi said:

How do I or my fiance find out if I can go to the interview or not? I want to be there. But I am not sure if I can take a leave from my job at that time. But we will make it work. 

As discussed by other VJ members already, Nigeria is traditionally tougher when it comes to immigration.  

VJ has a section with other Nigeria VJ members and their interview experiences.  It is found under the "portal" tabs:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Nigeria

K-1 Visa Journey

11/14/2016: K1 Visa Application Mailed To Dallas Lock Box

11/17/2016: K1 Visa Application Received Date

11/22/2016: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/22/2016: Received NOA1 Text and Email - USCIS California Service Center

11/23/2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail

02/07/2017: Received NOA2 Approval Online - 77 Days From NOA1 Date

02/11/2017: Received NOA2 Hard Copy In The Mail

03/03/2017: Case Received By NVC

03/08/2017: Called NVC And Received Case # and Invoice # - CEAC Website Shows Case Is "Ready"

03/09/2017: Downloaded Packet 3 From Canadian Consulate Website - Emailed Packet 3 at 12:30am PST

03/09/2017: Received Return Email Packet 4 at 1pm PST

03/09/2017: Scheduled Interview Per Packet 4 Instructions

04/19/2017: K1 Visa Interview At Montreal US Embassy - Visa Approved - 148 Days From NOA1 Date

04/26/2017: CEAC Status Changed From "Administrative Processing" To "Issued"

04/28/2017: Visa In Hand

05/28/2017: POE Peace Arch Crossing - Blaine, WA USA - Experience Was Very Friendly And Welcoming

07/14/2017: Wedding Day

AOS Journey

08/19/2017: AOSEAD, AP Mailed To Chicago Lock Box

08/29/2017: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

08/30/2017: Received NOA1 Text and Email For AOS, EAD, AP

09/05/2017: Received NOA1 Hard Copies In The Mail For AOS, EAD, AP

09/19/2017: Biometrics Completed

09/26/2017: USCIS Website Shows "Interview Ready To Be Scheduled By USCIS"

11/20/2017: Received EAD and AP Approval Letters

12/04/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

12/07/2018: Received Text notification AOS interview has been scheduled

01/09/2019: AOS Interview Date - Approved

01/17/2019: Green Card In Hand

ROC Journey

10/11/2020: Petition For ROC Window Opens

10/17/2020: Petition For ROC Mailed To USCIS Phoenix

10/20/2020: Petition For ROC Delivered To USCIS Phoenix

11/04/2020: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/04/2020: Received NOA 1 Text and Email

11/10/2020: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail For ROC

11/12/2020: Online - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

06/22/2021: Online - ROC Approved

07/02/2021: 10 Year Green Card In Hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, KaraChi said:

Petitioners are not allowed in Embassy in Lagos. You can wait outside if you go. You will not be asked in.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

Petitioners are not allowed in Embassy in Lagos. You can wait outside if you go. You will not be asked in.

Thanks for your help. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, KimchiLumpia said:

As discussed by other VJ members already, Nigeria is traditionally tougher when it comes to immigration.  

VJ has a section with other Nigeria VJ members and their interview experiences.  It is found under the "portal" tabs:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Nigeria

Thanks for the link I did review some of them it helped. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

As said previously you do not need to be at there for your fiance's interview. Some people do go to try and help if there are any issues, I went to my fiance's interview for that reason. But be aeare that some countries allow the petitioner to be at the interview and some do not.  

You can not do anything to help the process along, it takes as long as it will take. Also a FYI  a lawyer can not help it go faster either. If there is a need for more information then they will request it from you, so make sure you check your email or physical mail periodically.

Thanks for the info and I was wondering if a lawyer would make a difference but as I thought it just an extra expense and middle man. It seems

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

Nothing can really "help" the process along, it goes as it goes.

As to you attending the interview, if they allow the USC into the interview then sure you could go. Some countries do, some don't.

With Nigeria it could be beneficial just them knowing you were there even if not physically allowed inside, shows strong commitment.

Nigeria is not an easy embassy to go through.

Thanks for replying so quickly. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

However....it is my understanding that even if you are not allowed in the building your presence in the country  (outside the building) is beneficial in some countries....

My fiance is Algerian..... I plan on being there....at the very least I will give him the passport so he can present it if the question of "where is your fiance" arises....

Timeline
7 hours ago, janet3 said:

However....it is my understanding that even if you are not allowed in the building your presence in the country  (outside the building) is beneficial in some countries....

My fiance is Algerian..... I plan on being there....at the very least I will give him the passport so he can present it if the question of "where is your fiance" arises....

I understand. Thanks for the information. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I plan on going to my husband's interview when that time comes around..I am already aware that I won't be allowed inside, but will be in attendance for moral support...As someone stated, it shows a strong commitment you two have for one another just being there for him/her...If I were you, I will still attend whether allowed inside or not...Also it's a great reason to be with your spouse again...Good luck on your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.