ravaell

Busking while on a tourist visa, then asylum?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi, Im a romanian citizen and since I was a little boy I had a thing for the US culture. Now I`m 21 y/o and since I have applied for the DV lott. for 3 years now and have not won and my mother for 15 and has not won, I`m thinking my last option before I`m not too old for this is to come with a tourist visa and since I`m a singer I`d like to earn my living by performing on the streets of Los Angeles. I know, crazy, but hear me out. 

I`m part gypsy, meaning that only my father is a gypsy, I`ve been persecuted here multiple times, BUT nothing too serious [being beaten for being a gypsy or something more serious] instead I`ve had problems getting a certain job because I told them I was part gypsy and people treating me differently once they found out I was a gypsy, hence no proof of actual abuse. So yes, I know my case is weak for an asylum visa. BUT I was wondering if I apply for asylum once in the US with a tourist visa do I get the right to work legally while the legal process is on hold? 

Reasons for coming in this way and not coming through a work visa is simply that I`m not qualified for any job, since I`m a singer and finished an arts high school with an international baccalaureate. And even if by some chance some employer would go through all the paper works and incredible hard work to get me there on a work visa why should I take the risk? After all I dont know what kind of employer hires me and if he`s an actual decent human being. 

Reasons for choosing USA and not other Europe country is because I can speak perfect English after years and years of learning and so the UK no longer accepts Romanians, especially gypsies, and there`s no other English speaking country in Europe, well UK isnt either since the Brexit, but you get my point. 

Also if you guys would be so kind to tell me of any other visa that might actually apply to me and my condition right now as I would never go to the US illegally under no circumstance. Thanks a lot! 

Edited by ravaell

Seems premeditated and frivolous. 

One thing you have to realize is that asylum cases are not easy and are often denied. Best to do more research on the process, time, and cost. Do you already have a tourist visa? There is no guarantee you will obtain that either.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

So

You said since you were young you had a thing for US culture, then you say UK does not accept Romanian's.........................So which is it?

Why do you think you have not won the DV??

And then you want to be a 'street' performer, you don't want to pay taxes, or contribute to the system.....................

You know your case is weak........................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm BS springs to mind.

Good luck with your dream, because that's all it is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Op is asking about illegal immigration and illegally working in the USA (busking) so this thread is now closed.  Do NOT re-start this thread ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.