Super Uber

K1 Case creation date changed - still in AP!!!!

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I was in AP on my K1 visa after interview for 5+ months. I received a call from the U.S Embsy., a month ago, asking to send a renewed medical + my passport. I then asked if I was approved, and they said yes and said after I send these items I wait for my visa.

As soon as they received the documents, my case creation date and status update became the same, as well as "Immigrant" was changed to "non-immigrant". Same signs of an approval as I saw on the forums here.

Status was AP after interview - never changed as far as I can tell - it remains as AP (I never saw it change to something else before they approved it, because I didn't check) - also status date never changed until now, it remains the same as the new creation date.

According to other members' posts, visa is usually issued after 2~10 days. It has been a month of calender days and over 15 days of business days.

Other than them preparing my envelop and visa, both of which shouldn't really take more than 2~10 days ... 

My questions are as follows:

1-Has anyone had/saw any similar situation?

2-Is it possible that it takes this long after an approval?

3-What else could be the reason for the hold up here?

Experts only please!

Thank you.

Timeline

hello

i'm in the exact same situation like you , got stuck in AP since 15 Dec 2016 , got few date updates 

and on 29 march 2017 , the embassy called me asking to send them my passport, new medical and police certificate , i sent the papers on 11 April 2017 , and on 12 April 2017 my case creation date and last update became 12 April 2017 , and also changed to non immigrant visa , and since that time , still under AP without any new updates, even though i inquired about my case , they gave me the same traditional answer " your case is under mandatory processing "

try to send them an inquiry and let me know what happens 

good luck   

Timeline
3 hours ago, E.Amr said:

hello

i'm in the exact same situation like you , got stuck in AP since 15 Dec 2016 , got few date updates 

and on 29 march 2017 , the embassy called me asking to send them my passport, new medical and police certificate , i sent the papers on 11 April 2017 , and on 12 April 2017 my case creation date and last update became 12 April 2017 , and also changed to non immigrant visa , and since that time , still under AP without any new updates, even though i inquired about my case , they gave me the same traditional answer " your case is under mandatory processing "

try to send them an inquiry and let me know what happens 

good luck   

Yup, exactly the same indeed. I've already tried to message them several times but always the same idiotic, automatic, and copy/pasted response. When they called, did she say you were approved? Or did you even ask? did she give you a time frame?
And, let me know if anything new happens.

Timeline

on 15 May ,we did another inquiry through the congress man and we got the same traditional answer again 

Our records indicate that the case is undergoing mandatory administrative processing.  The time needed to review an individual’s case is difficult to predict.  However, it is not unusual for this review to take multiple months. Once this processing is complete we will process the case to conclusion.

the new thing is , the last 2 inquires we did after our case was changed to non immigrant and our case creation date was changed , didn't cause any new updates on the CEAC website

did you get any new updates or news ?

Timeline
4 hours ago, E.Amr said:

on 15 May ,we did another inquiry through the congress man and we got the same traditional answer again 

Our records indicate that the case is undergoing mandatory administrative processing.  The time needed to review an individual’s case is difficult to predict.  However, it is not unusual for this review to take multiple months. Once this processing is complete we will process the case to conclusion.

the new thing is , the last 2 inquires we did after our case was changed to non immigrant and our case creation date was changed , didn't cause any new updates on the CEAC website

did you get any new updates or news ?

No, like you - I contacted NVC, emailed the embassy and none of that reflected on the last update date.
The thing is I now know for sure that we should have received our visas 4 days after they received the passport.

What's new is that NVC lied to me once: I called 2 times, one time they said they didn't request your medical or passport. second time they said: they did and they received it.

What's going on at the Embassy, remains a mystery to me. But it's not worry some per se, because it reflects on more than person. I would have worried if it was just one of us. But looks like we're all in the same boat.

Timeline
15 hours ago, E.Amr said:

do you know anyone else who is in the same situation like us ?

Not at all, everyone that I know is already in the U.S.

If I can get a hold of the consular section's phone number, they'll hear it from me!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/26/2017 at 7:39 PM, E.Amr said:

unfortunately no , gosh i'm so tired , did you find anyone else with similar cases ? 

It's very frustrating, I know. No one with a similar case .. just you and I.

The same exact situation here  too. After months of waiting in AP, the Embassy contacted us requesting the Passport and an updated medical examination from Egypt. We are not Egyptain, which means Its more difficult to wait in a foreign country without any idea on how long it may take, and simply pause life, stay in a hotel to wait in suspense for this AP to be over with.  I just want to know why they requested for the passport, when its still under AP. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ak87 said:

The same exact situation here  too. After months of waiting in AP, the Embassy contacted us requesting the Passport and an updated medical examination from Egypt. We are not Egyptain, which means Its more difficult to wait in a foreign country without any idea on how long it may take, and simply pause life, stay in a hotel to wait in suspense for this AP to be over with.  I just want to know why they requested for the passport, when its still under AP. 

Did they call you or email you? what did they say over the phone? Did they say you're approved or did you ask? When was this (please give a date)? And how's it possible they're asking you to go to Egypt if you're not in an Egyptian? If I had to guess, you applied for your petition and/or you had your interview in Egypt.

FYI guys, AP is a low priority at embassy level .. which means all we can really do is wait for them to stop being lazy and deal with the case.

Edited by Super Uber

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ak87 said:

welcome to the club bro, please provide us more details about your case , and why you think you got into AP 

Good luck for all of us and please remember to inform us , if you got any updates 

thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.