Sonikurri

Ceac website immigration visa stuck on Ready

297 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My parents had attend an interview in January 2017 for immigration visa.They got 221g letter mentioning submit more documents. Mean while there status were Ready on Ceac.status. After submitting on Ceac status changed to A.P. But After 2 weeks Ceac changed date for 3 days in a row then status changed to Ready. It's been 8 weeks on both case date has changed twice  but status is same **ready**

I emailed to embassy and there reply is 

****Our records indicates that the visa application for this immigrant visa case is still pending under administrative processing.  Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict how long this processing may take.  The wait could possibly be quite lengthy.  However, please rest assured that as soon as this processing is finished, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her application.***

I don't know what's going on is anyone who went through with same situation? If case is

under AP why Ceac status has changed to ***Ready***  

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. Even though embassy just mentioned submit more documents in 221g. Can they put any case for AP Without telling them

on interview? 

Do u have an idea where should I contact to request for expedite case? 

Edited by Sonikurri

Timeline

Thank you for ur precious time and suggestions. I do follow what u said. I had very bad experience with embassy that's why I am little

scared for my parents. I went for 3 year Administrative process for  wife of USA citizen. I went though 3 time medical  in these 3 ending up congressman helped me to get visa. I just don't want my parents go though with same problem. 

What embassy?  My wife also received a 221g for more documents for my stepson.  After the interview Status showed "administrative processing".  When they(embassy Manila) received the documents, the date changed on the status.   2 days later it changed to "issued".   

You can call and check maybe they can give you some idea of what's going on. Other than that, it's just a waiting game.  

Timeline

What embassy?  My wife also received a 221g for more documents for my stepson.  After the interview Status showed "administrative processing".  When they(embassy Manila) received the documents, the date changed on the status.   2 days later it changed to "issued".   

You can call and check maybe they can give you some idea of what's going on. Other than that, it's just a waiting game.  

It's in USA embassy In Pakistan. After embassy received documents there status changed once from AP to Ready for interview.  since then date has changed but status is same. They don't give any info on phone but they do answer via email. One email said it's under Administrative inquiry but other email said it's pending under supervisor decision.

Edited by Sonikurri

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Any updates!!!

I am also in the same situation. I had my interview on March 27th, 2017 for K1 Visa at US embassy Islamabad in Pakistan. Everything went fine at the interview. The CO didn't ask for any additional documents but at the end of the interview she told me that our case need further processing. She gave me a 221(g) white slip with box checked in front of Administrative processing and a hand written case number on top. Since then my case status updated once on April 03, 2017. But the Status is the same "Ready". Isn't it suppose to be showing "Administrative Processing". Its now over 6 weeks now and no update yet.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Mehar said:

Any updates!!!

I am also in the same situation. I had my interview on March 27th, 2017 for K1 Visa at US embassy Islamabad in Pakistan. Everything went fine at the interview. The CO didn't ask for any additional documents but at the end of the interview she told me that our case need further processing. She gave me a 221(g) white slip with box checked in front of Administrative processing and a hand written case number on top. Since then my case status updated once on April 03, 2017. But the Status is the same "Ready". Isn't it suppose to be showing "Administrative Processing". Its now over 6 weeks now and no update yet.

No I didn't hear anything from embassy and case is stuck on ready. My parents case went for AP for 3 weeks then changed for ready. They do reply for my emails but there answer is not every time same. U should also try to call or email them.

Edited by Sonikurri

Timeline
1 hour ago, H&T said:

AP is common because the country where applicant come from. So, no need to worry, it just addition security checks.

Yes I am agree but in my point of view Visit visa or Any temporary visa should go for AP not an immigration visa. Because immigrant visa take many years to reach for interview before the interview us visa section should collect all security information instead putting them for AP.

Edited by Sonikurri

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.