3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all!

Well I wish I had found this forum before I filed all my papers! I've been reading some of the discussions and have now freaked myself out!

I am here on a TN visa and have been in the USA since 2012. Last October we got married, and when I went to change my name at the social security office, they told me that I need to contact immigration and start my immigration paperwork/notify homeland security of our marriage. So back in December I sent my papers in for AOS. I didn't include any cover letters or any of the other fabulous suggestions that everyone here makes 😕 I just followed uscis directions/instructions.

I received my NOA in January, and also completed the biometrics Jan 31. I also received a request for initial information. Uscis wanted another copy of our marriage certificate, tax documents for the current tax year and proof of assets for my husband not meeting the 125% (although my earnings did). 

I replied to the RFE and mailed it in 04/08/17 and usps showed it arriving on 04/10/17. I haven't received anything as yet showing receipt of my response, should I?

Also, when I read the instructions it stated that my income could be included in the i864 that my husband submitted? Did I understand this incorrectly? I also included some copies of my pay checks, but not 6 months worth, will this be a problem? I did include my w2s. Also when we filed it was December and so I included the 2015 tax return with my form, but as their request said current tax year, I waited until I had filed our 2016 tax return so that I could include. Should I have included a new i864? Finally, the marriage certificate I included was a copy as they indicated, but it wasn't a certified copy. (It wasn't specified to be a certified copy) will this be a problem?

I'm just getting myself into stew, and wondering what to expect? What will happen if it's not enough info, will they automatically reject, or will I get another request?

I would appreciate any advise or help that you can give 😊😊😊

thank you all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Zoe_in_Texas said:

I didn't include any cover letters or any of the other fabulous suggestions that everyone here makes 😕 I just followed uscis directions/instructions.

Although the suggestions are fabulous, they are necessary.  What is necessary is that you followed their instructions/directions.  Good Job!

12 minutes ago, Zoe_in_Texas said:

Uscis wanted another copy of our marriage certificate, tax documents for the current tax year and proof of assets for my husband not meeting the 125% (although my earnings did). 

Here is a link, outside of VJ, that has great information for you to read. http://www.***removed***/affidavit-of-support/i-864-income-requirements.html

Also, they can send you another RFE if they find the information you send you to not be enough information.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.