barashka

G-325A forms not required?

26 posts in this topic

So, ever since the new I-129F form came out, it not long states to submit G-325A forms as supporting documentation. So, does that mean, I do not need to provide my G-325A or my beneficiary's G'325A form?

Well it IS still listed in the "checklist" for I-129F that USCIS provides as one of the necessary documents.... so unless they update that, it's still required as far as I can tell.

EDIT: nevermind! The "more info" on the checklist refers to the I-129F instructions, and the instructions clearly state to enter the biographic information in Part 4 of the form. No more G-325As!

I definitely DO like that they require i94 admissions info now! That should save a lot of time and effort replying to RFEs.

Edited by Peot

2 minutes ago, Peot said:

Well it IS still listed in the "checklist" for I-129F that USCIS provides as one of the necessary documents.... so unless they update that, it's still required as far as I can tell.

I definitely DO like that they require i94 admissions info now! That should save a lot of time and effort replying to RFEs.

I attached a screenshot of the part in the checklist where it talks about the G-325A but it mentions the page number on the old I-129F instructions (the new I129F instructions do not mention the G-325A forms at all). So, in theory, sending the G-325As is sort of like not following the rules, in a way? :D

afasf.JPG

1 minute ago, visaquestions said:

I attached a screenshot of the part in the checklist where it talks about the G-325A but it mentions the page number on the old I-129F instructions (the new I129F instructions do not mention the G-325A forms at all). So, in theory, sending the G-325As is sort of like not following the rules, in a way? :D

afasf.JPG

Sorry, read my EDIT after I replied ;)

However, the form online seems to be outdated? I can't seem to find the NEW I-129F form that the instructions refer to. When I click on it, the locations of things is definitely incorrect, compared to the form I can currently download. Anyone have a copy for reference?

Edited by Peot

7 minutes ago, Peot said:

Sorry, read my EDIT after I replied ;)

However, the form online seems to be outdated? I can't seem to find the NEW I-129F form that the instructions refer to. When I click on it, the locations of things is definitely incorrect, compared to the form I can currently download. Anyone have a copy for reference?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f - I just clicked on the updated I-129F instructions and it shows the latest form. Tell me if you see it as well!

Edited by visaquestions

Yikes! It looks like we might have seen something before it was supposed to be released?? When I click on the instructions now, it shows me the OLD instructions. To be sure, I compared the one I had downloaded literally a moment ago with one right now and it's different!

See attached image. Very strange! I wonder if it's a cache problem on my end, or if they're messing with things....... 

e8952662b481addac1d5c85233f3d45e.png

5 minutes ago, Peot said:

Yikes! It looks like we might have seen something before it was supposed to be released?? When I click on the instructions now, it shows me the OLD instructions. To be sure, I compared the one I had downloaded literally a moment ago with one right now and it's different!

See attached image. Very strange! I wonder if it's a cache problem on my end, or if they're messing with things.......

Still showing the "new" version for me. The instructions page has not update not has the listed edition, so I would assume it's a cache issue. :)

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Still showing the "new" version for me. The instructions page has not update not has the listed edition, so I would assume it's a cache issue. :)

I agree with geowrian. It seems that the G-325A forms are no longer required. ^_^

7 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Very strange though. I cleared cache, tried a different browser, opened the PDF in a different program.... all show the outdated version!

Still, as long as SOMEONE can see the new one, I'd say use it and follow the instructions appropriately. If it doesn't tell you to fill in the biographic data form - don't. If it does - do.

EDIT: Could someone list the version number here for my curiosity?

The main page says "Starting 06/09/2017, we will only accept the 04/10/17 edition. Until then, you can use the 12/23/16 edition", however the two I look at both indicate that it IS the 04/10/17 edition, but they look outdated to me. They no longer mention the i-94 information. Is this old info or new? haha I'm so confused.

Edited by Peot

3 minutes ago, Peot said:

Very strange though. I cleared cache, tried a different browser, opened the PDF in a different program.... all show the outdated version!

Still, as long as SOMEONE can see the new one, I'd say use it and follow the instructions appropriately. If it doesn't tell you to fill in the biographic data form - don't. If it does - do.

That is weird. Control + F5 on it (if you're viewing via the browser)? I tried both the "old" URL and "new" URLs they're using to deliver files:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

I agree - G-325A shouldn't be needed anymore and I don't see anything saying it actually is required (only an outdated checklist). All references to the G-325A were removed from the instructions as well as from the USCIS website for the I-129F.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

14 minutes ago, Peot said:

EDIT: Could someone list the version number here for my curiosity?

The main page says "Starting 06/09/2017, we will only accept the 04/10/17 edition. Until then, you can use the 12/23/16 edition", however the two I look at both indicate that it IS the 04/10/17 edition, but they look outdated to me. They no longer mention the i-94 information. Is this old info or new? haha I'm so confused.

This is a screenshot I just took of the updated directions.

Capture.JPG

Edited by visaquestions

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

That is weird. Control + F5 on it (if you're viewing via the browser)? I tried both the "old" URL and "new" URLs they're using to deliver files:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

I agree - G-325A shouldn't be needed anymore and I don't see anything saying it actually is required (only an outdated checklist). All references to the G-325A were removed from the instructions as well as from the USCIS website for the I-129F.

Ah it appears it has nothing to do with cache. Both of those links show the same file.

The files show that they ARE the appropriate versions now, but the info still doesn't match up.

I'll attach another screenshot to show you what I mean.

Files both show the same version. Instructions refer to things on the form that are in different places / don't exist.

In the second image you can see that the version number is STILL THE SAME, and yet the instructions look correct. Very weird. Which version of the I-129F form are you seeing?

1.jpg

2.png

4 minutes ago, Peot said:

Ah it appears it has nothing to do with cache. Both of those links show the same file.

The files show that they ARE the appropriate versions now, but the info still doesn't match up.

Files both show the same version. Instructions refer to things on the form that are in different places / don't exist.

In the second image you can see that the version number is STILL THE SAME, and yet the instructions look correct. Very weird. Which version of the I-129F form are you seeing?

1.jpg

2.png

This is what I see as well!

I have attached screenshots of the required documents in the new instructions for the I-129F form. I do not see anything mention about G-325A forms at all. Do you guys agree?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

2 minutes ago, Peot said:

I'm seeing the same thing. I think you're reading it wrong,. though. Page 4 (the 1st image) refers to Part 1. Page 5 of the instructions (the last image) refers to Part 2 of the I-129F.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.