dmatosin

Guangzhou China K1 Visa Waiting for Packet 3

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

For our K1 Visa we received NOA2 on March 6th, NVC Letter on March 23rd and CEAC status now shows Ready with last Status on April 3rd. 

I am assuming that Guangzhou now has the paperwork and is ready to send Packet 3 to my Fiance address in China? I assume this because CEAC site says Ready?

Its not been 22 days with nothing. How long till Packet 3 arrives? My fiance doughter is also coming on the K2 visa. 

We now have the two DS-160 filled out and summary sheets printed, they have passport photos and copy of their passports. Everything is ready for Packet 3. 

Questions #1.

1). One of the Visajourney users Darrell mentioned that if you could find out that they are mailing the Packet 3 and after confirmation we could send our documents to Guangzhou Consulate.  This would save 2 to 3 weeks. How to check?

2). Is there an Email address to check on the status with the Application from Guangzhou?

Hope someone can help and provide their experience on this subject. This wait is agonizing.......

Timeline

Hi there,

Sorry to hear.

I think you should email the Consulate directly using their enquiry form. I had a similar situation. When they delivered P3, I was out of the country hence unreachable. It was only after 3 weeks I realized it shouldn't have been taking so long so I wrote to them to ask about my case. They called me the next day immediately, telling me that they couldn't reach me 3 weeks ago and will try to mail it to me again. After a few days, I finally received the P3. 

Hope it helps!

Also, just a heads up that the Consulate in Guangzhou seems to be having IT problems lately... it might be all be related. I finished my interview on Apr 10th and still have not received the passport... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/2/2017 at 9:01 AM, sancarlos12345 said:

Hi there,

Sorry to hear.

I think you should email the Consulate directly using their enquiry form. I had a similar situation. When they delivered P3, I was out of the country hence unreachable. It was only after 3 weeks I realized it shouldn't have been taking so long so I wrote to them to ask about my case. They called me the next day immediately, telling me that they couldn't reach me 3 weeks ago and will try to mail it to me again. After a few days, I finally received the P3. 

Hope it helps!

Also, just a heads up that the Consulate in Guangzhou seems to be having IT problems lately... it might be all be related. I finished my interview on Apr 10th and still have not received the passport... 

Hi sancarlos12345, Did they attempt to deliver packet 3 by courier? Did you have to be present to receive it? Do they call you about the packet before sending?

Thanks for any help. I emailed Guangzhou inquiring about the address they had on file for my fiance, so hopefully they respond.

Timeline

Hello lowea034

Yesterday my fiance got a call from Guangzhou (China) consulate asking for her address. It might depend on the country , but at least in China apparently they call prior to sending Packet 3

Timeline
15 hours ago, dmatosin said:

Hello lowea034

Yesterday my fiance got a call from Guangzhou (China) consulate asking for her address. It might depend on the country , but at least in China apparently they call prior to sending Packet 3

Great news, congratulations! You're one step farther than we are :) Strangely, the Guangzhou consulate keeps telling me and my fiance that the packet does not come by mail but rather by email. I had a woman tell me that last week when I tried to update his address and he heard the same from another person yesterday saying it would come to him by email. Not sure what to trust since you all had it come by mail. I am so confused!

Timeline
On 5/9/2017 at 1:13 AM, lowea034 said:

Hi sancarlos12345, Did they attempt to deliver packet 3 by courier? Did you have to be present to receive it? Do they call you about the packet before sending?

Thanks for any help. I emailed Guangzhou inquiring about the address they had on file for my fiance, so hopefully they respond.

Maybe they have called but I wouldn't have known. I was out of the country and wasn't reachable by phone. But they certainly didn't email me to inform that they couldn't deliver the packet.

2nd time when they sent me the packet, the courier called prior to delivering, yes. 

What's in P3 is the original copy of the approved form (the first one you had to file in US for approval)... so I don't know... maybe they've digitalized it?

Timeline

My fiancé finally got a call from Guangzhou and they will be sending packet 3! The funny thing is he has gotten at least 3 COMPLETELY different answers on next steps every time he called saying the packet would be emailed, mailed, and that he didn't even need it. I am so grateful for you guys sharing your experience. Hopefully packet 3 comes soon! From there, he will send back the info and receive packet 4 by email. 

@sancarlos12345 did you finally get your passport back? How long did it take? Any other tips/tricks that you can share?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.