M&M13

After K1 approved Reopened For Reconsideration

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So after we received our NOA2 on 27 of march 2017, and was waiting for our case to be sent to NVC, our USCIS status changed to Reopened For Reconsideration and says we are reconsidering our earlier decision, is this a RFE or does it means that our case will be denied? and if they need further documents why they didnt ask for it before sending the NOA2 or what made them change their mind after approval. anyone have infos about this or how long it will take ? thanks all

It's not an RFE or denial. It means exactly what it says...they are looking at the I-129F again. My guess is they found something during their final processing/packing to NVC that requires additional review or verification. It's not common, but it does happen. If they need additional documentation, they should send an RFE.

Good luck.

Edit: The other possibility is somebody mistyped something. :)

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
22 hours ago, geowrian said:

It's not an RFE or denial. It means exactly what it says...they are looking at the I-129F again. My guess is they found something during their final processing/packing to NVC that requires additional review or verification. It's not common, but it does happen. If they need additional documentation, they should send an RFE.

Good luck.

Edit: The other possibility is somebody mistyped something. :)

Thanks for your reply geowrian, we are still waiting to receive the letter from them, I hope it's just some documents missing or something l, but we already sent them all the documents they required , we don't know yet we just hope for the best , do u have any idea how long this process could take or this is a sign for denial of the petition ? 

1 hour ago, MenaMariel said:

Thanks for your reply geowrian, we are still waiting to receive the letter from them, I hope it's just some documents missing or something l, but we already sent them all the documents they required , we don't know yet we just hope for the best , do u have any idea how long this process could take or this is a sign for denial of the petition ? 

I have no idea on how long it will take - could be days (hopefully), weeks, or months (unlikely). It won't hurt to call USCIS and check in if you don't hear anything. I don't think it's necessarily a sign for a denial or any particular issue with the petition. It is unusual, but they probably just need to verify something.

Good luck!

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
19 hours ago, geowrian said:

I have no idea on how long it will take - could be days (hopefully), weeks, or months (unlikely). It won't hurt to call USCIS and check in if you don't hear anything. I don't think it's necessarily a sign for a denial or any particular issue with the petition. It is unusual, but they probably just need to verify something.

Good luck!

Today our online status changed to ;;

Your Case Status: Decision 

On April 26, 2017, we began reviewing your Form I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), We mailed you a notice informing you of the action we intend to take on your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your notice by May 10, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

-----------------------------------

I googled it and a lot of people said it's a NOID, I don't know how our case changed in a couple of days from approval to nearly denial!! Do you have any infos abt this ?

1 minute ago, MenaMariel said:

Today our online status changed to ;;

Your Case Status: Decision 

On April 26, 2017, we began reviewing your Form I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), We mailed you a notice informing you of the action we intend to take on your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your notice by May 10, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

-----------------------------------

I googled it and a lot of people said it's a NOID, I don't know how our case changed in a couple of days from approval to nearly denial!! Do you have any infos abt this ?

Yeah, that's the language usually used for a denial. Unfortunately, I have no idea at all as to why or what would spark the sudden change from an approval. You will need to wait until the hard copy of the notice arrives.

Please post back (or a new thread) when it arrives. I'm interested to hear what could cause this kind of change.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello

Have you heard anything back about your case? would you please tell what happened afterwards? Our case just changed status to "reopened for reconsideration" as well..

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/22/2018 at 12:30 AM, BiancaVs said:

Hello

Have you heard anything back about your case? would you please tell what happened afterwards? Our case just changed status to "reopened for reconsideration" as well..

Sorry for late reply, actually we had to hire an attorney because there were a mistake in the application which led it to be reopen again, so we submitted the required documents and the case got approved by the uscis, in our interview we got put in AP and then the petition got expired by itself, so we decided to get married and now we are going to do the cr1 visa. Hope it works because me and my wife are frustrated with this long waits and forced separation.

1 minute ago, MenaMariel said:

Sorry for late reply, actually we had to hire an attorney because there were a mistake in the application which led it to be reopen again, so we submitted the required documents and the case got approved by the uscis, in our interview we got put in AP and then the petition got expired by itself, so we decided to get married and now we are going to do the cr1 visa. Hope it works because me and my wife are frustrated with this long waits and forced separation.

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Best of luck with the CR-1.

Do you know if it was an RFE or a NOID or a Denial that they issued when it was returned? I'm just curious.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Best of luck with the CR-1.

Do you know if it was an RFE or a NOID or a Denial that they issued when it was returned? I'm just curious.

It was a NOID actually, because of the mistake in the application and they thought we were lying, so we had to submit some documents to prove that it’s a mistake and after a couple of months the petition got approved, just wait for their letter it will indicate what’s the issue, and be prepared to reply them with what they need, wish you luck with it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
45 minutes ago, MenaMariel said:

It was a NOID actually, because of the mistake in the application and they thought we were lying, so we had to submit some documents to prove that it’s a mistake and after a couple of months the petition got approved, just wait for their letter it will indicate what’s the issue, and be prepared to reply them with what they need, wish you luck with it.

Can i ask why they denied you at the interview?

Timeline
1 hour ago, JayHouser said:

Can i ask why they denied you at the interview?

We don’t know why we’re put on AP for this long till we got married, the interview went quit well even the CO was kinnda harsh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.