Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number:  ABDXXXXXXXXXX   XX   ABD
Case Created: 12-Dec-2016
Case Last Updated: 11-Apr-2017

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Hello! Everyone,
Checked my case status here and got the above message message. What does this mean? I haven't even received packet 3 yet. I am in Sharjah - United Arab Emirates and my case is US embassy Abu Dhabi. I need help.

Edited by Mashooqullah

Congrats Mash. My ceac says "ready" today also and my fiancee is in Dubai. Im also wondering what this packet 3 looks like or do we need to wait for it or not before booking the interview. Maybe we can update each other here if we find out anything. Thanks. 

On 4/15/2017 at 5:08 AM, Jolene said:

I did not receive my packet 3 either. Just follow the instructions on Packet 3 and mail all required documents to the embassy. It will be fine.

Hi there. Can you tell us what packet 3 looks like? Thanks. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, nortonplus said:

Hi there. Can you tell us what packet 3 looks like? Thanks. 

It is K1 visa Appointment letter (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf) that I did not get it yet too. I called to the embassy let them know about my K1 visa (case) it is in the embassy still but I didn't get my Appointment letter. I told them. How should I schedule my visa interview? The call center explained to me to schedule your interview date in here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ and then I explained it to my layer and her assistant helped me on it how to schedule my interview so I done my medical too. My layer also sent an email to the embassy which my applicant did not get anything regarding Packet 3 (Appointment Letter) they replied to us if the Applicant Schedule the interview Appointment date, then it will be fine with yellow shadow so I have interview on 30 April 2017 in the US Embassy Abu Dhabi..   

Edited by Mashooqullah

13 minutes ago, Mashooqullah said:

It is K1 visa Appointment letter (http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf) that I did not get it yet too. I called to the embassy let them know about my K1 visa (case) it is in the embassy still but I didn't get my Appointment letter. I told them. How should I schedule my visa interview? The call center explained to me to schedule your interview date in here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ and then I explained it to my layer and her assistant helped me on it how to schedule my interview so I done my medical too. My layer also sent an email to the embassy which my applicant did not get anything regarding Packet 3 (Appointment Letter) they replied to us if the Applicant Schedule the interview Appointment date, then it will be fine with yellow shadow so I have interview on 30 April 2017 in the US Embassy Abu Dhabi..   

Hi the link you posted for k1 appointment letter is for canada embassy. Each embassy has different rules. I think for abu dhabi, packet 3 is the instructions for how to book the interview online and what documents to bring.

Timeline
Just now, nortonplus said:

Hi the link you posted for k1 appointment letter is for canada embassy. Each embassy has different rules. I think for abu dhabi, packet 3 is the instructions for how to book the interview online and what documents to bring.

Yes, I know it is for there; but I just wanted to let you know it looks like that but every consult have different instruction regarding applicant visa. yes, you are right but I told them they gave me this website https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html   for instruction advice.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nortonplus said:

Good luck by the way on your interview. 

How did you register online? Which category did you pick when registering immigrant visa or k1?

It's very easy to register online here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ ..

Hi I received packet 3 today via email. The email had 3 attachments: documents to bring, approved medical facilities, and security info like dont bring your cellphones and water inside the embassy. The body of the email has our appointment date and time which is this coming Monday but I changed it online to Sunday next week. 

Timeline
On 4/17/2017 at 3:14 PM, Mashooqullah said:

If Allah wills..

4 hours ago, nortonplus said:

Hi I received packet 3 today via email. The email had 3 attachments: documents to bring, approved medical facilities, and security info like dont bring your cellphones and water inside the embassy. The body of the email has our appointment date and time which is this coming Monday but I changed it online to Sunday next week. 

That is really nice to hear about that Good-luck. Can you send me it what it looks like?

Edited by Mashooqullah

Timeline
5 hours ago, nortonplus said:

Dear friend, Can you let me what documents they are requiring from us and what is the medical requirements?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.