Desertrose9

administrative processing for my fiance in Kabul

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi guys,

yesterday my lawyer burdened me with.  Most saddest and quite bizarre news so get this straight I applied in NYC for my fiancé visa in August 2016 (hes in kabul) and we finally got his petition approved Feb 27 2016

but my lawyer made a mistake and misled us that his interview was this April 27th  so I found a sponsor I got all the paper work ready and sent to DHL in kabul then the next day my lawyer calls me and tells me wait a minute hes on an administrative processing hold so he canceled my fiances medican exam whcih was shpposed to be next week. I just dont understand how i wasnt informed sooner and accurately about his pending status.i had no clue about the admin processing i had im mind that everything was going smoothly and his interview would be in 3 weeks! My lawyer said therr wasnt a name on the interview date and mixed up someone elses case? Its his job to make sure and confirm my fiances interview? I mean this is very important how could he have missed that? My fiance has The cleanest background and works for Gardaworld a very well known security base of America in Kabul, so i dont understand why he's on admin processing about how long do you think the embassy will give him an interview date?

this is all very frustarting any advice id much appreciated 

thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Usually Administrative Processing takes place after the interview, but considering that you are going through the embassy in Afghanistan, what I imagine is a higher fraud risk country, I wonder if interviews are temporarily on hold or something. I think that is very unlikely though. 

Is there any way that you or your fiancé can contact the embassy and ask for an interview date? Lawyers can be helpful, but sometimes they do make mistakes or even prolong the process. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would email the embassy directly to see if they can explain to you what is going on.  Did you check your case status on www.uscis.gov?  Wishing you a speedy resolution!

Timeline

Thank you both! Exactly what inwas thinking why he would be on administrative processing before the interview i just told my fiance to see if he can contact the embassy 🙏🏼😞hopefully 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Do you have  your case number from NVC?  Be sure if your case been sent from NVC to the embassy in your fiance embassy then you will book your medical appointment 

Timeline

Yes i do and the email sent to my lawyer from nvc specifically says:

my lawyer already canceled the medical exam he was the one requesting it in the first place because the medical embassy assumes you already have an interview and prior to that must undergo medical examinations..

IMG_2211.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Do not panic. All is going to be alright. It's just administrative process by because of your fiance country. It must be a normal procedure. I wish you  Good luck with your process 

Timeline

Hey..

My Fiancé got interviewed at the US Embassy in Kabul on February 2017. He is still in Administrative processing😢 I can't take it anymore! After his interview they kept his passport and documents but gave him a yellow card for medical documents and AP (221g refusal). The Consular officer emailed me to do an interview over the phone regarding my Fiancé.  She said we would hear back in 2-3 weeks. It's been over 6 weeks and heard nothing.  Just shows administrative processing.  I'm afraid he will be denied😢

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

AP usually comes after the Interview.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Oh thank goodness you guys! I have great news im truly blessed and knew all my patience would be worth it in the end! My fiance is no longer in AP! They did a thorough background checked in less month and now his case is in transit and NVC will contact us soon.. for an interview. I kenw this would def be a positive for us becauae as ive been researching many AP occur after the interview and we are very lucky its before it because there wouldnt be a need for further investigation; hence he'd be good to go! 🙏🏼

Edited by Desertrose9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.