Mariale256

PD current in chart B, what to do?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi

my PD (march 2016) is current in the chart B in the new bulletin visa for may 2017. I'm in the category F2A. My question is, can I do an adjustment of status while I'm in the united estates now that this date finally moved on? Please, any information is important.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, aleful said:

what is your legal status in the US?

do you have a student or work visa? how will you maintain legal status?

I have a tourist visa. I'm not in USA right now, but in case I'll travel next moths to visit my husband, could I start the process to adjust my status to a permanent resident? 

1 hour ago, Mariale256 said:

Hi

my PD (march 2016) is current in the chart B in the new bulletin visa for may 2017. I'm in the category F2A. My question is, can I do an adjustment of status while I'm in the united estates now that this date finally moved on? Please, any information is important.  

You are not current yet . You'll be current next month. It's April yet. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lapropia02 said:

You are not current yet . You'll be current next month. It's April yet. 

Yes, you are right. But I just asking if I can do the adjustment of status. If I can do it, I have to wait until the next month, it doesn't matter. But it's a possibility to make this wait a little bit shorter 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

no, it is considered immigration fraud to come with the intent to adjust status 

if you told the truth, the officer wouldn't let you in the country. if you said you were coming to adjust status, you would be denied at entry, then you will lie

Edited by aleful

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

if your petitioner hasn't received a letter from the NVC, he or she will soon

there is more forms to file, pay and send paperwork before your case becomes complete and when your priority date becomes current you will get your interview.

so with the dates of the second chart, they can send the paperwork long before your priority date becomes current

also, if some are here already in the US, with a legal visa, they can adjust status, such as a student visa or work visa

Timeline
1 minute ago, aleful said:

if your petitioner hasn't received a letter from the NVC, he or she will soon

there is more forms to file, pay and send paperwork before your case becomes complete and when your priority date becomes current you will get your interview.

so with the dates of the second chart, they can send the paperwork long before your priority date becomes current

also, if some are here already in the US, with a legal visa, they can adjust status, such as a student visa or work visa

Ok. so, With the tourist visa it doesn't work?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.