eses89

Applying B2 visa while K1 pending

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

many thanks for your Support. Me fiance applied for a K1 Petition. After difficulties we received our NOA1. Waiting for NOA2.

However my Status of my esta was changed. I could travel before with esta. now its changed that i cant travel with esta anymore.

Last year december I applied for a Tourist visa like b2. But I never made the appointment because I had to work. But the weard part was that the embassy contacted me via email.

They wanted to know the relationship to the contact Person (my fiance) that i put on the visa. I thought they would ask all those question in the appointment.

So now I wanna apply for B2 visa. I want to visit my fiance for 2 weeks and it Looks like for me that i would get a denial. Should I apply for a b2 visa?

Thanks in advance

Edited by eses89

It is your decision to try. If you have the money and want to see, go for it. Seems like you know the odds.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

I have to spend 150 Euro to go to the us embassy. Before I apply I wanted to know if it makes sense to apply in this conditions. I have the money. I heard also the a lot People got denied because of the K1 visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lot of people get denied a tourist visa also and it has no effects on the K-1 itself.

Might as well try, it won't hurt any as long as like you said you're honest your reasons for travel.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

• 3 months later...
Timeline

I had an interview on May. They asked me a few question but didnt mention anything about my Petition. The officer told me they can not approve my visa for now and but going to keep my passport for further Research. Since then I am waiting, they still have my passport and I cant do anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 27/03/2017 at 4:33 PM, eses89 said:

Hello everyone,

many thanks for your Support. Me fiance applied for a K1 Petition. After difficulties we received our NOA1. Waiting for NOA2.

However my Status of my esta was changed. I could travel before with esta. now its changed that i cant travel with esta anymore.

Last year december I applied for a Tourist visa like b2. But I never made the appointment because I had to work. But the weard part was that the embassy contacted me via email.

They wanted to know the relationship to the contact Person (my fiance) that i put on the visa. I thought they would ask all those question in the appointment.

So now I wanna apply for B2 visa. I want to visit my fiance for 2 weeks and it Looks like for me that i would get a denial. Should I apply for a b2 visa?

Thanks in advance

Hi :)

Just wondering if you know why the status of your esta was changed ??

we are sending our K1 petition off next week then in September I have booked flights to visit my Fiance in the states while the petition is processing/we're waiting on NOA2. I didn't think it would be a problem for me to visit the states on my esta while the K1 is processing, as long as I have strong proof of return home. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

we are sending our K1 petition off next week then in September I have booked flights to visit my Fiance in the states while the petition is processing/we're waiting on NOA2. I didn't think it would be a problem for me to visit the states on my esta while the K1 is processing, as long as I have strong proof of return home. 

I actually don't know. The officer told me they don't have the Information why my esta changed. They have to ask for it (very strange). I don't think you will have a problem. Mine is a rare case, which I think it has something to do with my fiance. I think you are pretty fine :)

Edited by eses89

Timeline
5 minutes ago, eses89 said:

I actually don't know. The officer told me they don't have the Information why my esta changed. They have to ask for it (very strange). I don't think you will have a problem. Mine is a rare case, which I think it has something to do with my fiance. I think you are pretty fine :)

Okay, Thank you for your response :) hopefully I will be okay to travel and I hope everything works out for you!!

7 hours ago, Lorna&Alex said:

You shouldn't have any problems. I (and many others here) travelled on ESTA during the k1 period. Take your NOA1 and all your other K1 docs with you (I kept a copy of the entire petition). A k1 application is good evidence that you don't have any intention of overstaying or breaking US immigration law, and that you are doing things the right way.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We tried getting a B2 (currently waiting for NOA2) - my fiance walked up to the window, mentioned she had a pending K1 and the officer immediately denied her B2. I guess you can try but I wasted over $500 bucks between fee and travel expenses. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Limey said:

You shouldn't have any problems. I (and many others here) travelled on ESTA during the k1 period. Take your NOA1 and all your other K1 docs with you (I kept a copy of the entire petition). A k1 application is good evidence that you don't have any intention of overstaying or breaking US immigration law, and that you are doing things the right way.

Thank you for your response :) I noticed it took your 7 months to receive your NOA2...that must have been a very stressful wait?

6 hours ago, Lorna&Alex said:

Thank you for your response :) I noticed it took your 7 months to receive your NOA2...that must have been a very stressful wait?

We knew what to expect, as we'd looked at the current timelines on this site. Back then the Texas center had a massive backlog (whilst California had hardly any). I think they are all processed via California now (not sure). It was frustrating, but nothing we could do about that. I was able to travel a couple of times during that period, and luckily we had no RFEs.

Its all worth the wait. I'm a natural optimist, I try to see the good side of everything. All that being apart really makes you appreciate being together, and its a good test of a relationship. I didn't find the immigration experience too bad, I even quite enjoyed going to the embassy for my interview, etc... we're getting to experience things most people never do. We are lucky that the US provides an immigration route for us to be together, even if its a bit of a paper chase and takes a while. If our partners wanted to come to the UK, things would be much worse.

Good luck with your immigration journey!

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Timeline
17 hours ago, Limey said:

We knew what to expect, as we'd looked at the current timelines on this site. Back then the Texas center had a massive backlog (whilst California had hardly any). I think they are all processed via California now (not sure). It was frustrating, but nothing we could do about that. I was able to travel a couple of times during that period, and luckily we had no RFEs.

Its all worth the wait. I'm a natural optimist, I try to see the good side of everything. All that being apart really makes you appreciate being together, and its a good test of a relationship. I didn't find the immigration experience too bad, I even quite enjoyed going to the embassy for my interview, etc... we're getting to experience things most people never do. We are lucky that the US provides an immigration route for us to be together, even if its a bit of a paper chase and takes a while. If our partners wanted to come to the UK, things would be much worse.

Good luck with your immigration journey!

Thank you for sharing your immigration story :) it's nice to hear positive stories!! We are planning on getting married at the end of July 2018 so even if somehow we do get approved very quickly, we'll just need to delay medical/interview as It's still a year before I will be moving out and getting married...I've just got to learn some patience :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.