Carcharodont

Validity period of K-1 Consular Interview documents

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone, I know it's been a few months since I've had any update, but we're (finally) getting to the point where we are ready to schedule an interview, but things have been put off a few months because of medical testing.

In a nut shell, we're wondering how long are all of the documents good for?  I assume that most documents, provided the information is valid (no change in address for example), are good for a year, but we don't want to have to go back for any additional interviews because of old information.  The only thing I know of that isn't valid for a year is the medical, which is good for 6 months.  With that said, could anyone corroborate this information?  Thanks in advance!

Fall 2010 - Met at DiWali Indian Festival as grad students
September 2011 - Became coworkers at school
October 2011 - Began our relationship
August 1, 2012 - Relationship became long distance
June 30, 2014 - I moved to New England w/family
July 15, 2015 - Bought a plane ticket for her visit before she left back for China due to expiring OPT
August 31, 2015 - She goes back to China
April 2016 - filed for my US Passport, began preparing I-129F for K-1 Visa Petition
May 2016 - applied for my Chinese Visa
May 23, 2016 - Purchased Ritani engagement ring and plane ticket
June 3, 2016 - Her ring arrived!
June 4, 2016 - Left for China!
June 9, 2016 - Became engaged!
June 22, 2016 - Left China (sadly)
July 21, 2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville, TX (USPS Express Overnight w/return receipt)
July 22, 2016 - Arrived at USCIS
July 27, 2016 - Check cashed; received NOA1, sent to California Service Center
August 1, 2016 - Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS
September 9, 2016 - Received online notification of NOA2 from USCIS California Service Center
September 20, 2016 - Received Case Number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.