togsonkaks

No Update From NVC Since We Sent The Documents

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

We sent all the required documents to NVC 3 weeks ago but we are yet to get any update.

What could possibly be wrong? Do we have to wait for them to update the Scan Date?

Secondly, I am the Immigrant..my wife is the one applying and she's also the Agent. Due to her busy schedule, she wont be able to call NVC. The question is can I call NVC directly for an update?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot.

Hello. I called them last week and they said you have to allow 11 weeks for them until they review everything. I am also waiting for my husband's interview. And they want me to call them next week, that's 11 weeks already from the time I mailed them all the documents they needed. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

3 weeks is too soon to panic / they say 30 to 60 days and sometimes the letters say buisness days only

be patient and wait 

all of us wait 

the NVC number is good till late at night and allowing people who work days to call

there are no fast answers

sign up for the CEAC site and if lucky, you will see updates (depends on the person updating the case)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

3 weeks is too soon to panic / they say 30 to 60 days and sometimes the letters say buisness days only

be patient and wait 

all of us wait 

the NVC number is good till late at night and allowing people who work days to call

there are no fast answers

sign up for the CEAC site and if lucky, you will see updates (depends on the person updating the case)

Thanks for the response Adil, highly appreciated.

We just wanna know if they have gotten the documents. We dont even have a Scan Date yet. Do you think it doesnt matter for now? Just a bit confused here. I am sorry

Timeline
10 minutes ago, KatherineSipin said:

Hello. I called them last week and they said you have to allow 11 weeks for them until they review everything. I am also waiting for my husband's interview. And they want me to call them next week, that's 11 weeks already from the time I mailed them all the documents they needed. 

Hello Katherine,

Thanks for the response, highly appreciated. Do you have a scan date? Did you get any update that they have received the document even before you called?

5 minutes ago, togsonkaks said:

Hello Katherine,

Thanks for the response, highly appreciated. Do you have a scan date? Did you get any update that they have received the document even before you called?

I don't have a scan date yet but I called them last week and they said there's alot of mail and they are really behind so atleast allow 11 weeks for them to review it which they told me to call them back next week. They received my mail january 13, so it's over 2 months now. I'm hoping I get my case close next week. 

9 minutes ago, togsonkaks said:

Hello Katherine,

I didn't get any update from them that they have received my mail, I wouldn't know if I hadn't call them. They should atleast update us right? But like what the customer rep.said they are really behind and there's alot of mail. So 3 weeks is too soon for you. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, KatherineSipin said:

I don't have a scan date yet but I called them last week and they said there's alot of mail and they are really behind so atleast allow 11 weeks for them to review it which they told me to call them back next week. They received my mail january 13, so it's over 2 months now. I'm hoping I get my case close next week. 

Oh! This is so helpful. Thanks a lot Katherine

46 minutes ago, KatherineSipin said:

I didn't get any update from them that they have received my mail, I wouldn't know if I hadn't call them. They should atleast update us right? But like what the customer rep.said they are really behind and there's alot of mail. So 3 weeks is too soon for you. 

What does it really matter?  You called so now you know they have it correct?  You need to give them 3 months, I wouldn't start chasing them just yet. 3 weeks is no time at all.  I'm in the UK where stuff happens pretty quickly and I still waited a little over 3 months.  Just give it time and don't panic.  They move at their own rate you can't rush them. 

2 hours ago, togsonkaks said:

Hello Everyone,

We sent all the required documents to NVC 3 weeks ago but we are yet to get any update.

What could possibly be wrong? Do we have to wait for them to update the Scan Date?

Secondly, I am the Immigrant..my wife is the one applying and she's also the Agent. Due to her busy schedule, she wont be able to call NVC. The question is can I call NVC directly for an update?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @togsonkaks just wanna clarify, you would like to ask if NVC  received your documents? Does that mean you sent them the whole packet 3 weeks ago? If yes, you should call them and ask if they received it and ask for your scan date, when you sent the documents, and they haven't scanned it on their system, and still sitting at the receiving area, you CAN NOT start counting weeks and date, they will start counting the waiting time, from the time they scanned your document to their system, that is what the so called scan date,

when we sent our documents then Nov 10,2016 and as per USPS, the document were delivered at Portsmouth NH om Nov 14, 2016, i allowed 9 weeks before calling them, assuming the holiday season will cause backlogs, to my surprise, they scanned my documents after 8WEEKS!!! And my scandate is January 13, so from January 13 now waiting to 11 weeks which will be on March31, 

so on my opinion and suggestion, if i understand correctly,that you still have no scandate, i suggest you call NVC every single day until you receive your scan date, so you. Can start counting weeks forthe CC (complete case) 

btw, NVC's waiting time for the review is now 11 weeks (from previously 4 weeks, to 6 weeks, then to 8 weeks)

if wife is too busy, you may call them just prepare your case number, petitioner's name, beneficiary andbeneficiary's birthday. You may call them ET 7:00am to 12: am (yes long hoursss) monday to friday   

I suggest you call them 7:00 to  avoid waiting long +1 603 334 07 00 

am the beneficiary, and i do call NVC most of the time, instead of hubby 

hope my reply helps you a bit, and btw, good luck on this journey

1 hour ago, MattyUK said:

What does it really matter?  You called so now you know they have it correct?  You need to give them 3 months, I wouldn't start chasing them just yet. 3 weeks is no time at all.  I'm in the UK where stuff happens pretty quickly and I still waited a little over 3 months.  Just give it time and don't panic.  They move at their own rate you can't rush them. 

3 months i suppose is for the review time, 

2 hours ago, KatherineSipin said:

Hi katherine, what do you mean you still didnt get reply for? Did you mean if they received your mail, or for the review or complete case? 

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

56 minutes ago, R and KJ said:

Hi @togsonkaks just wanna clarify, you would like to ask if NVC  received your documents? Does that mean you sent them the whole packet 3 weeks ago? If yes, you should call them and ask if they received it and ask for your scan date, when you sent the documents, and they haven't scanned it on their system, and still sitting at the receiving area, you CAN NOT start counting weeks and date, they will start counting the waiting time, from the time they scanned your document to their system, that is what the so called scan date,

when we sent our documents then Nov 10,2016 and as per USPS, the document were delivered at Portsmouth NH om Nov 14, 2016, i allowed 9 weeks before calling them, assuming the holiday season will cause backlogs, to my surprise, they scanned my documents after 8WEEKS!!! And my scandate is January 13, so from January 13 now waiting to 11 weeks which will be on March31, 

so on my opinion and suggestion, if i understand correctly,that you still have no scandate, i suggest you call NVC every single day until you receive your scan date, so you. Can start counting weeks forthe CC (complete case) 

btw, NVC's waiting time for the review is now 11 weeks (from previously 4 weeks, to 6 weeks, then to 8 weeks)

if wife is too busy, you may call them just prepare your case number, petitioner's name, beneficiary andbeneficiary's birthday. You may call them ET 7:00am to 12: am (yes long hoursss) monday to friday   

Hi katherine, what do you mean you still didnt get reply for? Did you mean if they received your mail, or for the review or complete case? 

They already received my mail january 13. I called them after 2 months and they said they haven't reviewed my case and allow 11 weeks. Should I ask for my scan date?

4 minutes ago, KatherineSipin said:

They already received my mail january 13. I called them after 2 months and they said they haven't reviewed my case and allow 11 weeks. Should I ask for my scan date?

If they said they received it onjanuary 13, thats your scan date :) 

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The NVC only notifies you if they need more information (RFE), when the case closes, and when the interview is scheduled. Otherwise, you need to call to get updates. If you do not have your NVC case number or invoice number, you need to get the USCIS receipt number, and from there they will give you the case number and invoice number. Processing time is 11 weeks from scan date, expect it to be longer than that. When we submitted paperwork to the NVC the time was quoted at 60 days, it took 11.5 weeks for case complete, and that was after we requested a supervisor review because it took them too long to review the DS-260. 

The NVC works at their own pace, and will be very short with answers they give you. Unfortunately they are severely backlogged, so be prepared to wait at least 11 weeks, most likely 12-16. If it isn't done in 11 weeks, call and ask for a supervisor review and it will be done within 42 days. 

The beneficiary can call as long as they have the case number/USCIS receipt number (on NOA1) and the date of birth of the beneficiary. The person will ask if you're the applicant or the beneficiary, and then they'll ask for your name. I've waited on hold for 45+ minutes, so be patient and don't hang up if it takes too long, someone will come. 

edit: as great as the CEAC tool is, it really doesn't do much for you. Mine said "At NVC" until my case got forwarded to the embassy, when it switched to "READY". The NVC had contacted me with the interview date before it had switched to ready. Sometimes you'll get the ready before, but that just means you're waiting for an interview to become available, but you will have recieved the notice of case closed before they mail it to the embassy. 

Edited by kcrb

Timeline
11 hours ago, R and KJ said:

Hello "R and KJ",

This is brilliant and so helpful. Thanks a lot. I will call them 7AM ET tomorrow.

Thanks once again

13 hours ago, KatherineSipin said:

January 13 is your scan date (date package received). The 11 weeks start from your scan date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.