Olya

Financial documents for the interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Dear all, 

could you please clarify the information regarding the financial documents required, the US embassy web site says:

1. Financial documents from a US citizen petitioner:
    • Copy of original, signed tax returns for the last year (both W-2 and 1040). If copies of tax returns are unavailable, provide transcripts from the IRS.
    • Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support)
    • Bank statements
    • Employment letter

for 2, 3 and 4 everything is clear for us, but for 1, my fiancé sent me the scans of w2 and 1040 and there is no any signature on them. He said he received it by mail. Should he go somewhere and get signatures/stamps? 

Thank you in advance! 

9 minutes ago, Olya said:

Dear all, 

could you please clarify the information regarding the financial documents required, the US embassy web site says:

• Copy of original, signed tax returns for the last year (both W-2 and 1040). If copies of tax returns are unavailable, provide transcripts from the IRS.
    • Bank statements
    • Employment letter

for 2, 3 and 4 everything is clear for us, but for 1, my fiancé sent me the scans of w2 and 1040 and there is no any signature on them. He said he received it by mail. Should he go somewhere and get signatures/stamps? 

Thank you in advance! 

What I am am bringing to my interview is an exact same replica package of what was submitted to the NVC (or USCIS, I can't remember) originally.  You only bring it to the interview so that if they claim something is missing you can produce it right then and there.  That is my understanding.  My wife is super organised so I am lucky in that regard and yes her tax stuff (which I'm clueless about as in the UK we don't file taxes each year unless self employed) was signed and dated.  It does say they should be signed so I'd advise you get him to do this before your interview.  Is he the one in the US?  Where are you? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Olya said:

Dear all, 

• Bank statements
    • Employment letter

Thank you in advance! 

Hi! I just had my interview at the Embassy in Moscow on March 22d. I brought scans of W2 and 1040, that my fiance had emailed me, without any stamps and/or signatures. Everything went very well, no question about that was asked. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MattyUK said:

What I am am bringing to my interview is an exact same replica package of what was submitted to the NVC (or USCIS, I can't remember) originally.  You only bring it to the interview so that if they claim something is missing you can produce it right then and there.  That is my understanding.  My wife is super organised so I am lucky in that regard and yes her tax stuff (which I'm clueless about as in the UK we don't file taxes each year unless self employed) was signed and dated.  It does say they should be signed so I'd advise you get him to do this before your interview.  Is he the one in the US?  Where are you? 

Thank you. He is in the US and I'm in Moscow. No problem for him to sign these docs I just thought it must be signed and stamped by tax service or someone else! 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, JSWH said:

Hi! I just had my interview at the Embassy in Moscow on March 22d. I brought scans of W2 and 1040, that my fiance had emailed me, without any stamps and/or signatures. Everything went very well, no question about that was asked. 

Thank you! And congratulations!!! :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Frankly, I was surprised how easy the interview was. I had been very nervous and came equipped with tons of evidence, pictures, our corrspondence, emails, viber conversation screenshots, etc. But nothing of that was needed and looked at. The only thing they kept was all that financial stuff, I-134 form, tax returnes, bank statements, etc. It was honestly very pleasant experience. 

Thank you and good luck with your interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.