Cawain

EX GF cancelled the I-129F

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Someone from your fiance's past wrote a letter that resulted in your application being cancelled? How? Did she represent herself as your fiance in the letter?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Leafsfan said:

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Someone from your fiance's past wrote a letter that resulted in your application being cancelled? How? Did she represent herself as your fiance in the letter?

The letter was written as if I wrote it and it accuse him of being a criminal.

If am not mistaken, I thought only the petitioner could do such a thing and would they not have to provide not only name but receipt number? Am I saying/asking here!!

Edited by NicoAndNelle

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your fiance should start by having his ex charged. That's forgery at the very least, if not more. It's unfortunate that this will likely delay your application, but it would show no wrong doing on the part of either of you if proven.

Timeline
Just now, NicoAndNelle said:

If am not mistaken, I thought only the petitioner could do such a thing and would they not have to provide not only name but receipt number? Am I saying/asking here? 

She had the receipt number, she went through his phone

Timeline
1 minute ago, Leafsfan said:

This is quickly becoming something that's none of my business, but what is your fiance's ex girlfriend doing with his phone, or in a position to have access to it? It sounds like something beyond your knowledge is going on here. Either he's way too close with his ex, or he's not being honest with you and cancelled it himself.

I dont disagree with the beginning of the statement.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

They broke a few federal laws to say the least by misrepresentation. It depends on how far you want to pursue it.

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

It's still a good question with regards to how the ex-gf managed to get physical access to your fiancé's phone. That's certainly a red flag you should investigate. 

And as stated, you probably have little recourse in this situation. Trying to prove it wasn't you that wrote the letter will likely be as easy as making water run uphill. You will likely be better off just re-filing and keeping your fiancé's phone out of his ex's hands. 

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i take it you are the beneficiary??????

only the USC can do something

first, like it is said before, finance needs to file a police report 

second, send (a copy, keep original)  that to USCIS 

third, make an info pass appointment 

if not successful with the appoinment, file a new petition

forth, file a small claims for damages she did to you in my county it costs about $150 total to do small claims (file and deliver the notice) but this is state and county dependent

you can ask for fees and postage and damages you incured (again state and county dependent)  / here i was surprised to find out the max was $25,000 as i had thought $5000

it was well worth the fees for me when i filed  against a major company and won

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.