MRSW1709

Why get Form I-407 after filing I-130?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I've researched my butt off but cannot understand the email I received from my inquiry on postage from Frankfurt. Here's what was sent to me: 

Normal letter size envelope with postage. We will be sending a copy of the form I-407 to you.  Normal letter size, one page.

I only asked what postage should be included for the return envelope (instructions are for US postage) when filing I-130. Why would we be sent form I-407??? 

1 hour ago, MRSW1709 said:

Hi everyone! I've researched my butt off but cannot understand the email I received from my inquiry on postage from Frankfurt. Here's what was sent to me: 

Normal letter size envelope with postage. We will be sending a copy of the form I-407 to you.  Normal letter size, one page.

I only asked what postage should be included for the return envelope (instructions are for US postage) when filing I-130. Why would we be sent form I-407??? 

hi

They have standarized answers, most likely they do not even know what you asked, sad but true.

I just went through the same process, just send everything needed for the i-130 and add a normal envelope with the postage (check Deutshce Post if you are in Germany) But 1 Briefmark is enough, they will use this to send you the "receipt" right away (which is a stupid copy of another standarized letter about the process.

Then from there you only wait and wait, aprox 45 days later you will have the approval letter, if they do not need any more info.

Good luck

Petition for Spouse

I-130 Filed DCF Frankfurt  - 17JAN17

Fee Charged/Priority date - 20JAN17

Official Receipt - 24JAN17

I-130 APPROVED - 10MAR17 (45days)

1 hour ago, Backtocali said:

hi

They have standarized answers, most likely they do not even know what you asked, sad but true.

I just went through the same process, just send everything needed for the i-130 and add a normal envelope with the postage (check Deutshce Post if you are in Germany) But 1 Briefmark is enough, they will use this to send you the "receipt" right away (which is a stupid copy of another standarized letter about the process.

Then from there you only wait and wait, aprox 45 days later you will have the approval letter, if they do not need any more info.

Good luck

Thanks so much. I freak out about the smallest things and worry I'll be denied because I don't have correct postage, for example. 

We live in Karlsruhe, so are filing with Frankfurt. 

16 hours ago, MRSW1709 said:

Thanks so much. I freak out about the smallest things and worry I'll be denied because I don't have correct postage, for example. 

We live in Karlsruhe, so are filing with Frankfurt. 

Don't worry, I actually really recommend to be extremely careful about every detail, so good for you! It is better than not.

The freak out part, one might be able to control,  I did a lot of meditation the last months to go through this process :)  But again, why worry about things out of your control? Just do your best with your application, try to add as much evidence of your marriage/relationship and you will be more than fine! The process is set to approve people with strong evidence and who have established their credible claim to the benefit under the law.

Petition for Spouse

I-130 Filed DCF Frankfurt  - 17JAN17

Fee Charged/Priority date - 20JAN17

Official Receipt - 24JAN17

I-130 APPROVED - 10MAR17 (45days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.