4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys. Im trying to find an answer. Or some help. I tried posting this in another forum but never got s response. 

Anyway. Im u. S citizenship. Pakistani who has been living in Texas for 12 years. I got married to my first cousin in Karachi Pakistan 5 years ago. She just had her interview in Islamabad american embassy. Everything went well on her side but since i live in Texas and first cousin marriage is not allowed here the consular put the visa on hold until i move to a state where cousin marriage is legal. Im thinking about Massachusetts. And i have to resend my lease papers of that state and job description. My question is does anybody know how long i should live there before resending the required lease papers for Massachusetts? I was thinking 1 month. Is that enough time? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Filed: Timeline

If the Embassy did not state any timeframe was needed -do it asap. The lease should be fine to send as soon as you sign it. The job... well like I said since they didnt give you a timeframe of how long you need to be employed at it send in proof of your new job as soon as you obtain one.

It can be an issue for the 864. But it seems they are giving you a break! They could easily take the position since its a new job that you do not qualify as a sponsor, but personally I feel if that was an issue for them they wouldve told you to obtain a co-sponsor or set a requirement to come back after youve worked at the new job for X months. So it seems as long as you prove a job (that meets the income requirements) you will be deemed sufficient even though you just started it.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey Damara thanks for replying. Well.. I already have a joint sponsor. Everything is good. But they want my location changed. They specifically asked for lease papers and job description or at least thats what my wife told me. Im not sure if job description includes job address and pay stubs too? 

Also i will rent an apartment in Massachusetts. Question. Is it advisable to rent from a owner OR from an actual rental property where i have to go inside leasing office and people working there? 

. . On a side note its very cold in Massachusetts snowing 20 incbes and 

Not looking forward to that

• 5 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.