IamGeorgia

Grandmother U.S citizen

19 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I've a lot of questions 

I'm waiting F2B visa. My grandmother wants to take us me and my mother to USA. When she took U.S citinzeship in 2011 she immediately carry in our documents for immigration. When my granny carry in our case I was 15 yo and now I'm 20 yo and when my pd will be current I think I'll be full legal age 21 and what you think this will be a problem? I can't go to USA with my mother? 

Sorry for my bad English

Thanks for attention

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is your grandmother a resident or a citizen.  You say F2B  which for unmarried sons and daughter of residents.    IS your mother single ? 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline
4 hours ago, NigeriaorBust said:

Is your grandmother a resident or a citizen.  You say F2B  which for unmarried sons and daughter of residents.    IS your mother single ? 

My grandmother is citizen.

my mother and father are divorced she is single

Timeline

Ok a couple more questions.  Was she a citizen when she filed for your mother  ?  I assume your mother was married back then ?     You need to know the date the petition was filed and approved for more exact help. 

Timeline
On 10.03.2017 at 2:33 AM, NigeriaorBust said:

Ok a couple more questions.  Was she a citizen when she filed for your mother  ?  I assume your mother was married back then ?     You need to know the date the petition was filed and approved for more exact help. 

Yes she was citizen when she filed for my mother. No my mother didn't married back she is still single. Its 2011 august when its filled I think.

Timeline

Then you should be eligible for a visa if you are still under "21" according to CPSA age.   The dates that important down to the day are  , your birthday.  The day that is on the notice your grandmother got when she filed and the date the petition was approved.    You take the dates between those 2 events away from your exact age and see if that makes you under 21 when your mothers petition is current.  

• 1 year later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 3/11/2017 at 6:31 AM, NigeriaorBust said:

Then you should be eligible for a visa if you are still under "21" according to CPSA age.   The dates that important down to the day are  , your birthday.  The day that is on the notice your grandmother got when she filed and the date the petition was approved.    You take the dates between those 2 events away from your exact age and see if that makes you under 21 when your mothers petition is current.  

Hello, how are you?

That was my another account...

My case was approved 12september13 and cutoff date is 27august11. I was born 09september96.

At this time July Visa Bulletin is on 15aug2011, So on the next visa bulletin I think my pd will be current and my age will'be frozen right? If so on this logic I'll be 20 years old right?

2months ago they delete my case, because  they thaugh I must be aged out on this time i think so. But Lawyer said I've still the chance and he sent my documents again and they recaived it and said it's under review. Basis on this information I've still the chance to fight right?

I'm sorry for my bad English.

I hope you understand what I say.

Edited by Tvala

Timeline
On 3/10/2017 at 1:33 AM, NigeriaorBust said:

No she wasn't citizen she was lpr 

On 3/10/2017 at 1:53 PM, IamGeorgia said:

Yes she was citizen when she filed for my mother. 

10 minutes ago, Tvala said:

No she wasn't citizen she was lpr 

Which is correct?

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, Tvala said:

Hello, how are you?

That was my another account...

My case was approved 12september13 and cutoff date is 27august11. I was born 09september96.

At this time July Visa Bulletin is on 15aug2011, So on the next visa bulletin I think my pd will be current and my age will'be frozen right? If so on this logic I'll be 20 years old right?

2months ago they delete my case, because  they thaugh I must be aged out on this time i think so. But Lawyer said I've still the chance and he sent my documents again and they recaived it and said it's under review. Basis on this information I've still the chance to fight right?

I'm sorry for my bad English.

I hope you understand what I say.

Looks like you are still eligible under CSPA with plenty of breathing space

https://www.***removed***/cspa-calculator.do;jsessionid=54676D875AF84E3DE6D3097EC334505B

Timeline

Your age is fine.  The only problem I could see because your answers are a bit confusing is if your granny was only an lpr when she filed for you and if your mother got married between that date and the date your granny became a USC.  If  she was married at all during that time the petition is void.   As llong as your mother was divorced before the petition was filed or married after granny became a US citizen you should be fine.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Which is correct?

lpr

56 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Looks like you are still eligible under CSPA with plenty of breathing space

https://www.***removed***/cspa-calculator.do;jsessionid=54676D875AF84E3DE6D3097EC334505B

I'm afraid of "Seeking to acquire" I don't know what means this exactly, but as I understood If I've additional years this means nothing but if I I'm already 21 Than I'm done

29 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

Your age is fine.  The only problem I could see because your answers are a bit confusing is if your granny was only an lpr when she filed for you and if your mother got married between that date and the date your granny became a USC.  If  she was married at all during that time the petition is void.   As llong as your mother was divorced before the petition was filed or married after granny became a US citizen you should be fine.

Yes, My mom was divorced before the petition was filled.

6 hours ago, Tvala said:

lpr

I'm afraid of "Seeking to acquire" I don't know what means this exactly, but as I understood If I've additional years this means nothing but if I I'm already 21 Than I'm done

Ok, if you’re not understanding what we are saying about CSPA and as you already have a lawyer maybe they should explain it to you properly. I don’t know how else to tell you that you’re ok under CSPA different from what I and others have already explained here. Do you understand the concept of the CSPA?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 21/06/2018 at 12:19 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Ok, if you’re not understanding what we are saying about CSPA and as you already have a lawyer maybe they should explain it to you properly. I don’t know how else to tell you that you’re ok under CSPA different from what I and others have already explained here. Do you understand the concept of the CSPA?

I understand what you're saying, but someone told me if I'm already 21yo than I'm done CSPA can't help.
My case is still under review and my lawyer says, that If they don't qualify me on interview than we can complaint them on federal attorney, but it's extra 6months or year. 

Edited by Tvala

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.