31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi friends, my wife will be going for interview at the embassy in ghana next week. Need some advice about how we should prepare for this interview. Overview of our case: I filled K-1 for her in 2015 and she was denied, because the C.O stated once we have done the knocking,so we are considered married couples and he wrote on the form 221g for me to file CR-1. I went to ghana last year married her, we did the traditional & church wedding. We have pictures to prove, lots of money transfer records. We have been together since 2008 and I traveled a year after we met, Never been married before and came to the USA with DV-lottery. Have been to ghana twice and was planning to go in May, already purchased my ticket before I got both case complete and interview date a week after case complete. We have call records from 2011 to date. Unfortunately I don't have call records from 2009 and 2010 because I was staying with someone and was using his landline and calling card. Please this is my case, how should we prepare for our interview?. Please would welcome every piece of advice and information. Thank you, and would keep you posted after the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well most probably they will not go through every phone record , i think u are good with your evidence but did not see whatsapp messages, add them to the document if u have it , good luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

Bring all the documents same as what u have sent to the NVC. photocopy of all civil documents, AOS, proof of asset, copy of Ds260, receipt.  they will base all the questions on the papers like when and where did u get married,? proof is you married certificate. did u meet his parents? Did u spend honeymoon, -provide photos.  why do u love ur husband. how long  have you been married?. Do you have children.? how long have you known each other. answer should be simple and specific. nothing to be worried about the interview because its personal, ur wife should know the content of the papers u sent from US govt and NVC. goodluck and godbless.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Agree the the post above where the applicant should know everything that was submitted to both USCIS and NVC.  

These three links will help you and your wife.  Good luck and God Bless...keep the faith!

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Consular_Interview_Questions 

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'll offer three pieces of advice.

1) Make sure your wife knows about all of the evidence you have already submitted and what she is going to take to the interview. My husband had his interview in Ghana last month and was approved...thankfully. Only one questions was a basic one...how we met. The rest came directly from the evidence we submitted. The majority were from chats we submitted to the USCIS. He was also asked to identify people in pictures we provided at the interview. I have noticed the COs in Ghana are asking basic, normal questions about relations (how you met, how long have you know each other, etc.) But they are also asking more couple specific questions directly from the evidence. 

2) Look through all the consulate reviews on this portal. Go over the questions others were asked in the Ghana Embassy and make sure your wife can answer them well. She needs to sell you relationship and her love for you. 

3) These COs will try to trip her up. They most likely won't make eye contact. They will throw in random questions to confuse her. And they may make some stuff up to see how she will respond. Tell your wife she needs to be confident in her answer, do not change her story, and under no circumstances should she lie or try to make up an answer. My husband was asked to give his cousin's address. He told the CO he didn't know. She asked again. He again said he didn't know. I have no doubt that question was to see if he would be honest. If he had tried to make up an address, I know we wouldn't have been approved. 

Good luck! Study hard. This is not an easy process or embassy.,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Best advice above....  If your wife does not know an answer, she should say, "I'm sorry, I do not know".

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do not include money sent from US to Ghana /not a good idea to show the US citizen sent money

now, for interview, know as spouse needs to know as much about you as possible 

and go into interview with poise and confidence

answer quickly and do not go deep into detail / just simple answers to the simple quesitons

don't be afraid to espress a strong and loving relationship / this is what you need to prove

Good luck from all of us as Ghana is a hard embassy

Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:10 AM, adil-rafa said:

Do not include money sent from US to Ghana /not a good idea to show the US citizen sent money

now, for interview, know as spouse needs to know as much about you as possible 

and go into interview with poise and confidence

answer quickly and do not go deep into detail / just simple answers to the simple quesitons

don't be afraid to espress a strong and loving relationship / this is what you need to prove

Good luck from all of us as Ghana is a hard embassy

could you elaborate on why you can't send money from US to Gh.....did you mean its not good to submit money transfer receipts as part of evidence when you go for the interview. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

if you say american sent you money, some embassies assume you are taking advantage of american

even i sent money as i claimed him on income tax retrurns and figured he was entitled to half / it helped me to have him take driving classes in Morocco as here we need to drive unles living in a large city

since it is $85 an hour for driving lessons , it was much cheaper for me to have him learn there to handle a car

Timeline

Well noted Thanks so much. But in my case we were both living in ghana, met my wife 6-months before I traveled to USA and have been together since 2009. So I also sent her money for driving school, prepared for our wedding, and we are under taking a project in ghana and she's overseeing it. So do you think we shouldn't include our money transfer records?. Because some folks are saying it's good to take money transfer records to your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.