Akua & kwame

k1 administrative process

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Has anyone experienced case being placed in administrative process and after several updates on CEAC, status still says ready for interview?

Even though status has been changed several times after the interview, status has never reflected administrative processing. Any input from anyone with similar experience will be appreciated. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ours went from "Ready for interview" to "Ready(Open Status)" then to "AP"; but only took about 3-4 days for that all to occurr.

How long has it been since the interview?

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Akua & kwame said:

How long were u in AP?

Only 1-2 days. Philippines is relatively quick with it where as some other countries, to include Ghana(just from what I have read here a lot) can be a long AP process..

How did the interview itself go?

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, figwit said:

we have been in ready status for almost 6months

Have you made any enquiries as to why your status still says ready?

and has the case been updated since the interview and still says ready?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Akua & kwame said:

Has anyone experienced case being placed in administrative process and after several updates on CEAC, status still says ready for interview?

Even though status has been changed several times after the interview, status has never reflected administrative processing. Any input from anyone with similar experience will be appreciated. Thanks.

When was your interview? And what day were you or your partner told to go pick up the visa? My husband had his interview on February 15. The next day our status read issued and this morning he picked up the visa. I never saw administrative processing show up for us. I would recommend going to DHL on the day the embassy told you and see what they say. It could be ready and the online status not reflect it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to K1 P&P from AOS Family as the OP is still waiting on gaining a visa.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
6 hours ago, O&GForever said:

When was your interview? And what day were you or your partner told to go pick up the visa? My husband had his interview on February 15. The next day our status read issued and this morning he picked up the visa. I never saw administrative processing show up for us. I would recommend going to DHL on the day the embassy told you and see what they say. It could be ready and the online status not reflect it. 

This is right , ours went fron administrative processing the same day after the interview and issued just the next day but when we call they tell us his file shows a no show for the interview meaning he did not show up, he went to the dhl office and picked it up, even today we got an email which tells me its automated because it says his case shows a no show so we need to schedule an appointment for his interview, mind you he has his passport with visa, so i dont think they update their website that often maybe due to high volume paperwork which needs completion , you need to go to dhl, depending on when your interview was approved and told to pick it up because all passports are sent back to the embassy after two weeks if you dont pick it up, go to dhl if its not there go to the embassy qith your blue slip and make inquiries, good luck

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Akuaduk2 said:

This is right , ours went fron administrative processing the same day after the interview and issued just the next day but when we call they tell us his file shows a no show for the interview meaning he did not show up, he went to the dhl office and picked it up, even today we got an email which tells me its automated because it says his case shows a no show so we need to schedule an appointment for his interview, mind you he has his passport with visa, so i dont think they update their website that often maybe due to high volume paperwork which needs completion , you need to go to dhl, depending on when your interview was approved and told to pick it up because all passports are sent back to the embassy after two weeks if you dont pick it up, go to dhl if its not there go to the embassy qith your blue slip and make inquiries, good luck

Thank you all very much

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

some are slow to update 

we received visa and it remained ready to schedule almost a year after

he was in the US about 11 months when it finally changed to issued

Timeline
7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

some are slow to update 

we received visa and it remained ready to schedule almost a year after

he was in the US about 11 months when it finally changed to issued

Thank you

Timeline
6 hours ago, figwit said:

we made inquiries and our case has been updated since the interview.

Just now, Akua & kwame said:

Thank you

6 hours ago, figwit said:

we made inquiries and our case has been updated since the interview.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.