OvieDare

hope and encouragement

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ,

I have been searching and reading many things here on VJ for Lagos, Nigeria Consulate and I thank many of you for sharing. I have my petition k1 visa all prepared and ready to mail at least I think so. It is front loaded and put together with VJ suggestions.  So I would like to know if there is anyone on here in a similar situation applying for K1 visa. I am the petitioner white woman, 15 years older, recent divorce and yes I have kids 3. Recent as in it will finally be finalized the day before my petition. Of course I have been separated since before I met my sweetheart. I have read so many encouraging interview results and have hope, but I don’t know the circumstances are these approvals from idyllic couples, same race, and same age, never married? I have only come across a few that have mentioned a large age gap and they have been denied even though they claim to have sent mounting evidence of a bonafide relationship. Any feedback or encouraging words would be great.

Edited by OvieDare

Timeline
21 hours ago, OvieDare said:

Hello VJ,

I have been searching and reading many things here on VJ for Lagos, Nigeria Consulate and I thank many of you for sharing. I have my petition k1 visa all prepared and ready to mail at least I think so. It is front loaded and put together with VJ suggestions.  So I would like to know if there is anyone on here in a similar situation applying for K1 visa. I am the petitioner white woman, 15 years older, recent divorce and yes I have kids 3. Recent as in it will finally be finalized the day before my petition. Of course I have been separated since before I met my sweetheart. I have read so many encouraging interview results and have hope, but I don’t know the circumstances are these approvals from idyllic couples, same race, and same age, never married? I have only come across a few that have mentioned a large age gap and they have been denied even though they claim to have sent mounting evidence of a bonafide relationship. Any feedback or encouraging words would be great.

We have big age difference, more than you, I am white, he is a Nigerian, he has kids, we were approved with no troubles, the main trouble was for us both to accept we fall in love with such a big age difference, the Lagos embassy was asking questions but all normal about how we met. All good, now we are married and waiting for his green card, his baby is here in US with us, she's a doll

Timeline

Thank you for the reply. I am so happy to hear this and truly happy for the two of you. You have renewed my hope :) Thank you!  Wow....... looking at your time line this was very recent you got married. Congratulations!!!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, OvieDare said:

Thank you for the reply. I am so happy to hear this and truly happy for the two of you. You have renewed my hope :) Thank you!  Wow....... looking at your time line this was very recent you got married. Congratulations!!!!! 

Make sure you add a divorce timeline to your petition package attach to your divorce decree. I know of two people recently at Lagos denied a K1 due to recent divorce and the CO stuck on "you were dating while still married". Even though they had been separated for years. But no one knew that. Attached is my divorce timeline (about everyone knows my story by now). Hope it helps.

Remember how this all looks to a stranger. No one is going to read word for word your divorce decree or know you separated years ago and found love and dated and all that you must show it to them.

By the way me and my husband have a 26 year gap. No mention of age. But of petition package was flawless and I was living over there with him at time of interview for 6 months also.
Lagos loves time together and photos of you with family.

Divorce Timeline example.doc

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Thank you for the advice, it is greatly appreciated. I have a certified copy of decree included. I will work on this divorce timeline today and include with my petition. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.