Mustafa

Proof of Evidence

11 posts in this topic

Are you going to submit the K1 application or you are waiting for the interview? Sorry for asking questions but I can't tell since you don't have your timeline yet.

If you are sending the application, you must provide the evidence that you and your fiancé have personally met within two years of the date the petition is filed.  I think the following is a list of items that are generally accepted by the USCIS. Do not send originals though. Make photocopies of your evidence. 

Airplane and/or Train Boarding Passes: This shows that you actually got on the airplane. Good evidence when used in conjunction with copies of the plane ticket. Note that plane tickets alone only prove that you bought a ticket and not that you actually made the trip.

Anything else you feel proves that you and your fiancée have met in the last two years.

However, do not send chat transcripts, phone bills, emails, or anything else that doesn't prove a physical meeting. Save those things for the interview.  So the screen shot is not considered as physical meeting.

For the interview, I was crazy enough to keep every single chat history.  After the interview I felt I over prepared, but it is good to prepare well in advance.  So I would keep the screen shots as much as I would be able to.

That's what I was told and I did it.

Good luck :)

Edited by dandndandn

K1 Visa
Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : 2016-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-03-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-06-07

NVC Received : 2016-07-06

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2016-07-06

NVC Left : 2016-07-07

Consulate Received : 2016-07-11

Packet 3 Received : 2016-07-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2016-07-15

Interview Date : 2016-08-08

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2016-08-10

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Cleveland OH

Date Filed : 2016-10-17

NOA Date : 2016-11-01

Bio. Appt. : 2016-11-21

Interview Date : Waived

Approved Date : 2017-02-15

Greencard Received: 2017-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Mustafa said:

Me and my fiance have been talking on facebook messenger for 5 months till now the question is how many screenshots should we have per month or per week 

Can you clarify how long you have been in a relationship with your fiance? They really dont care about screenshots at the I129F stage, although I did include them.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mustafa said:

i'm going to fill the k1 visa application next month with my american fiance so i want to know how many screenshots we gonna include in our package we have known each other for 5 months till now so any recommendations ? 

Have you met your fiancé in person?

Ahhh ok. So keep your boarding passes and take a lot of pictures.  As Karice said you can include your screen shots if you want. :)

Edited by dandndandn

K1 Visa
Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : 2016-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-03-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-06-07

NVC Received : 2016-07-06

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2016-07-06

NVC Left : 2016-07-07

Consulate Received : 2016-07-11

Packet 3 Received : 2016-07-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2016-07-15

Interview Date : 2016-08-08

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2016-08-10

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Cleveland OH

Date Filed : 2016-10-17

NOA Date : 2016-11-01

Bio. Appt. : 2016-11-21

Interview Date : Waived

Approved Date : 2017-02-15

Greencard Received: 2017-02-22

Timeline

Don't file until you have evidence of meeting in person. It's incredibly difficult to get approval without it, and they will look at the submission date and how it correlates with when you met. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I think it is a good idea to provide some chat transcripts, as it helps prove a legitimate relationship.  Being that Egypt is a difficult embassy it won't hurt at all to front load your petition and include some transcripts.  I wouldn't go overboard, but carefully selected chats that cover your relationship up to this point would be fine.  I wouldn't go more than 5 pages max as it would just get tedious.  But definitely at the interview you want to show more communication as it shows an ongoing relationship.  Cheers!

Like others have mentioned, it's better if you wait and file until you've met in person :) so you don't risk having your application denied which would most likely happen. It might seem like it's taking a few extra months, but if you get denied and have to start all over it will be more expensive, time consuming and certainly more frustrating. I applied for a CR-1 (marriage) and we still front loaded with affidavits, pictures from vacations, the wedding, FaceTime, chat logs, plane tickets/boarding passes. Mexico is not an easy embassy either so we thought we would better be safe than sorry. 

Good luck on your journey!

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

You HAVE to have met in person at least once in the past two years before filing for the I-129f. meet en person, get pictures of you together, boarding passes, etc. Chat logs aren't primary evidence. They can HELP once you have the minimum evidence (photos), but they are NOT evidence enough alone for approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.