winterpark2015

Help??? So Frustrated..

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I originally applied for my 10 year greencard in August 2015!! yes 2015 . It seem to just get lost, had to send in numerous status updates, infopass appointments, and congressman interaction to finally get an interview after 18 months.  Had an interview in January 15th, where the immigration officer said she was going to approve my case. It has been over a month and I still have NOT received my greencard.  Soooo Frustrated with this process.  What do I do at this point? How long should it take to have the greencard sent out from time of approval? Should I just keep waiting?? I cannot travel I cannot get a job. My life is on hold waiting for this card. My temporay green card expired as of sept 2015. The letter that came with applying for the i-751 expired in sept 2016. I have no current paperwork to even show legal status at this point other than a pending i-751

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So what you could have/should have done and what you should still do is make an infopass appointment to get a fresh I551 stamp in your passport, which is a temp GC valid for 1 year

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Echoing the others: You've been putting your life on hold for no reason. Go get a stamp in your passport so you can start working! You should have done that in September last year. You won't be in trouble with USCIS for it when you go to get it at the infopass appointment, but if you encounter a cop, ICE, or any similar authority who wants to see evidence of your status before you get that stamp, technically it is a misdemeanour to not have unexpired evidence of your permanent residency. You're not out of status, but you need to have evidence of your status on you at all times.

Edit: Should add that you don't need to show your employer the passport stamp, so my wording was a bit off. They'll use e-verify to validate your status. All I had to show was my driver's license and social security number. But do get that stamp so you're not breaking the law.

Edited by Ketsuban

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Other Country: Laos
Timeline

If your I-751 is pending, you are still in status- you can work. 

If you need to travel, you need to get your passport stamped. 

I requested Infopass, brought my passport to the appointment, asked about my case, and requested a stamp on my passport. Two months later my passport expired, and I had to go back to the local office for another stamp.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
37 minutes ago, winterpark2015 said:

I originally applied for my 10 year greencard in August 2015!! yes 2015 . It seem to just get lost, had to send in numerous status updates, infopass appointments, and congressman interaction to finally get an interview after 18 months.  Had an interview in January 15th, where the immigration officer said she was going to approve my case. It has been over a month and I still have NOT received my greencard.  Soooo Frustrated with this process.  What do I do at this point? How long should it take to have the greencard sent out from time of approval? Should I just keep waiting?? I cannot travel I cannot get a job. My life is on hold waiting for this card. My temporay green card expired as of sept 2015. The letter that came with applying for the i-751 expired in sept 2016. I have no current paperwork to even show legal status at this point other than a pending i-751

Someone from May 2015 just posted approval recently, one is still waiting. It happens. At least you had your interview and just waiting for the card.

If you are concerned, make an infopass appointment and specifically ask to talk to that officer who interviewed you. Most likely she forgot to update your case online.

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

if you really in rush and you want end that for ever there is a immigration court get you a final decision within a month and its final  ask your lawyer about it but its is costly $3500 but you will have a final decision within a month , based on what you said if i was you i will wait another month and see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, koukou said:

if you really in rush and you want end that for ever there is a immigration court get you a final decision within a month and its final  ask your lawyer about it but its is costly $3500 but you will have a final decision within a month , based on what you said if i was you i will wait another month and see.

Waste of money!

Look at the ROC time line in my signature. Applied May 2014 and GC not in hand until Jan 2016. You can have your passport stamped repeatedly, and be able to work and travel, until they make a decision. OP is the one keeping self down. Otherwise, while it is a long wait, it is not long enough to justify throwing away $3,500 to some shyster who will almost certainly NOT have any effect on the process.

Edited by BlessedAssurance

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

3 hours ago, BlessedAssurance said:

Waste of money!

Look at the ROC time line in my signature. Applied May 2014 and GC not in hand until Jan 2016. You can have your passport stamped repeatedly, and be able to work and travel, until they make a decision. OP is the one keeping self down. Otherwise, while it is a long wait, it is not long enough to justify throwing away $3,500 to some shyster who will almost certainly NOT have any effect on the process.

Hi,

I am just curious, however, I've read that you could file your N-400 while waiting for your pending i-751 provided you meet the eligibility i.e. completion of 3 years and they would adjudicate the application. Anyone has any thoughts on that? Pros vs cons?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
22 minutes ago, svb said:

Hi,

I am just curious, however, I've read that you could file your N-400 while waiting for your pending i-751 provided you meet the eligibility i.e. completion of 3 years and they would adjudicate the application. Anyone has any thoughts on that? Pros vs cons?

I've done this. No cons for me. two things could happen, either you'll get your roc approved while n400 is still processing (this is what happened to me), or you'll get a joint roc-n400 interview, which is still good since your roc will finally be adjudicated. If your roc is pending due to background checks, you'll need to wait for it to clear before these two could proceed. 

Nowadays a lot of people are doing this thanks to VSC. Feel free to check my timeline for what I've sent with my n400 package. 

Edited by charmander

Just now, charmander said:

I've done this. No cons for me. two things could happen, either you'll get your roc approved while n400 is still processing (this is what happened to me), or you'll get a joint roc-n400 interview, which is still good since your roc will finally be adjudicated. If your roc is pending due to background checks, you'll need to wait for it to clear before these two could proceed. 

How would you know if the background checks clear? I am trying to understand if we can file for N-400 while waiting for any updates regarding the i-751 and provided the eligibility requirements are met i.e. 3 years or can we file it 2 years 9 months using the early filing clause. Another scenario I failed to mention was getting an update on i-751, no GC in hand, can we still file N-400?

ROC, is without a doubt, the most infuriating part of my visa journey. I am just a few months ahead of you. I filed December 2015 and still nothing. As others have already stated you could of just got an I-551 stamp which would have extended your rights to remain, work and travel for a further 12 months. I made an InfoPass in January and got the I-551 stamp and the immigration office said my case had not even been allocated to anyone yet. I have a new InfoPass appointment for March 9th to see if there is any movements. Keep us updated on your progress.

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

5 hours ago, charmander said:

Nowadays a lot of people are doing this thanks to VSC. Feel free to check my timeline for what I've sent with my n400 package. 

Hi I read your timeline and documents submitted for N-400 and I have a question 

Do I have to submit document covering the last three years of the marriage or only the period after ROC was submitted

Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you lose a greencard or never receive it, you fill out an i90 its like $500!!!! 

but i think if you have a passport and need to leave they can stamp u for free??? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.