6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

So I am adjusting status from K1 visa and gere is my RFIE

i have submitted a family book which is an alternative for birth certificate

is says that the secondry evidence for birth affidavis is insufficient. Well! I am from Iraq where no records are kept... i dont have a birth certificate but I have a Family book from the iraqi national directionate. 

Travel.state.gov for iraqi people says that the family book is an alternative for birth certifiace for iraqi people. 

I am afraid that they are going to deny my application If is just send the same document and clarify that this is actually an alternative.! I dont know what to do!!!!

IMG_1328.PNG

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Since you don't seem to have another option, you'll have to attach the copy of the family book again (it could be that they just lost it?), plus a screenshot of what you shared, and a letter of explanation saying that your country doesn't keep records and that the official .gov page that you cited says you are allowed to show the family book as proof. If you still are too worried, you can also get an InfoPass at a local office and ask for advice there. In my case it was pretty useless, but I had a totally different problem, so you might get some good advice or reassurance. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

How did this go for you? I'm in the same situation with an RFIE but we sent the shenasnameh from Iran which is equivalent to a birth certificate

03-16-2017 Sent I-130, I-145, I-131, and I-765 renewal to Chicago Lockbox

03-20-2017 Priority Date according to I-797C

03-28-2017 NOA1 Text and Email notifications received

04-03-2017 NOA1 documents received in the mail 

04-05-2017 RFIE notification

04-07-2017 Biometrics letter arrived

04-10-2017 RFIE letter received for birth certificate (that we already sent)

04-11-2017 InfoPass and mailed RFIE response

04-19-2017 RFIE response received by USCIS

04-21-2017 Biometrics appointment

06-08-2017 EAD/AP approved (day 80)

10-03-2017 Sent online case status inquiry for I-485

11-06-2017 InfoPass appointment about case status 

12-05-2017 Requested case update from Congressperson's office

01-22-2018 Interview!! Approved on the spot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Apfel said:

How did this go for you? I'm in the same situation with an RFIE but we sent the shenasnameh from Iran which is equivalent to a birth certificate

I obtained my Birth certificate from Iraq, but for your situation

You should enter the website for Travel.gov and print the page of Iran birth certifiacte requirments and highlight that and re send what in your hand 

• 3 years later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi Hayder,

I do not know if you keep checking your account here, but if you do I would like to know how you got you birth certificate from Iraq. During my initial filing, I sent (Nationality Certificate = شهادة الجنسية and ID Card = بطاقة الهوية, I sent both of them) hoping it will suffice.

Thanks

On 8/7/2020 at 7:18 PM, Amaaad said:

Hi Hayder,

I do not know if you keep checking your account here, but if you do I would like to know how you got you birth certificate from Iraq. During my initial filing, I sent (Nationality Certificate = شهادة الجنسية and ID Card = بطاقة الهوية, I sent both of them) hoping it will suffice.

Thanks

Hi amaaad,

How did it go for you? 

I'm in the similar situation where I do not have any birth certificate ( since I moved to Sweden at very young age) and only have something similar like an Id-card).

I was wondering if you could give me an example of how id card differes from the nationality certificate?

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.