Akuaduk2

Wrong info on k1 visa issued

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance picked up his visa today and we realized theres a mistake on it , where it says annotation the petitioners first initial is suppossed to be D but instead J, any experience or advice will be much appreciated  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi this is confusing now, my fiance went for his passport with visa and we realized there was a typo on the visa so he took it back yesterday 2/21/17 for correction and was told to pick it up today 2/22/17 , when he went he was told they had a problem with the system so he should come on friday, 2/24/17, i checked his status today 2/22/17 on the ceac website and it says administrative processing with update date 2/22/17, what does it mean, please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just be calm he will pick it up on the 24th. This is just minor error and it happened to A lot of people all the time and it always is corrected easily. Stop paying attention to the ceac thing because is a computer generated system and it will always give out such info. Just wait for the 24th.

• 1 year later...

HELP!! I just noticed that the US embassy put the wrong nationality on my (K1) visa. GRBR (where I live) instead of Italy (my actual nationality). It was their mistakes, all my documents are correct. What should I do??

The US embassy (in London) does not take phone calls, they only reply to communications sent through their website and they take 3-5 days.

I already booked the trip, the wedding and the honeymoon.

What happens if I arrive at the POE (point of entry - NY in my case) with this visa? Will they send me back? Can I ask them to fix it when I'm in the US?

Thanks!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You are supposed to returned it to the embassy in person and they will correct it ASAP. They accept cases like this as emergency. My friend K1 was also given a different nationality and he took it back and they apologized  and cancelled the old one and printed new one on another page.  Don't make a mistake and travel with it to the sates without the correction because it could be deemed as falsification of documents by you. Remember every details on it must match with what your passport says.

3 hours ago, bravagreen said:

You are supposed to returned it to the embassy in person and they will correct it ASAP. They accept cases like this as emergency. My friend K1 was also given a different nationality and he took it back and they apologized  and cancelled the old one and printed new one on another page.  Don't make a mistake and travel with it to the sates without the correction because it could be deemed as falsification of documents by you. Remember every details on it must match with what your passport says.

I did not make any mistake, neither on the documents I submitted or on my documents. The embassy did, so they can't accuse me of falsification.

The US embassy is closed for bank holiday on Friday and Monday. I managed to get through with a phone call. They said that even if I go there tomorrow morning as soon as they open, it takes them a couple of days so it would be ready only next mid-week.
The supervisor I talked to claimed that I should not have any problems, laughing he added that the officer will not send me back to the UK just for that.
I insisted on something in writing and they sent me an email (quoted below) that I can print out and show to the officer since the embassy will be closed when I land - meaning that they can't be called by the immigration officer to verify if he wants to.
The email though has no signature.. worst case scenario I guess that I'll have to wait until 3 in the morning until the US embassy in the UK re-opens?

Fingers crossed. And very frustrating that after almost 1 year waiting I have to freak out last minute for their mistake.

LNDIVSubmissions@state.gov>

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

We note your Nationality has been entered incorrectly on your K1 visa, this has been entered down as GRBR but should have read ITLY. We understand you are traveling to the United States within the next few days, unfortunately for us to amend this error,  the passport would not be returned in time for your travel.

Regards,

IV/Branch

London

Privacy/PII
This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Edited by gabriele85_k1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.