Ansara David

NEED HELP!

30 posts in this topic

Hi every one.i am new here and i need some help .I am living in UAE MARRIRED to my husband 2015 .my case is succefull but now stuck on co sponser .i dont know hwy people dont help each other in USA may be its about religion matter or something else i really dont know but in UAE people r so kind and helpfull i been in UAE one i was 6 year old .the problem is my case will over this year 2017 of end i an so uspet about in my husabnd family dont help cuz he marry a muslim woman ..hubby income level is less for one year which he cant sposner me and he family dont help him too.i really dont know what to do id stop this case or something..plz any advoice in help .

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Co sponsoring someone can backfire if things didn't go well with you and your wife when you arrive in the US. It's a kind risk. 

Can your husband ask his friend, or get a second job to make up? Maybe if he explains things better to his family they might understand. 

38 minutes ago, Ansara David said:
Just now, Ezy_and_Oghene said:

Co sponsoring someone can backfire if things didn't go well with you and your wife when you arrive in the US. It's a kind risk. 

Can your husband ask his friend, or get a second job to make up? Maybe if he explains things better to his family they might understand. 

Brother!my case on lawyer hand and and he paid much .my brother in law is co sponser which is husband brother but the problem is that he have kids claim in his tax so now need joint sponser .family didn't good to support him accept his only brother.I am living in UAE a beaution .I know people don't take risk or trust but we don't do this way..hubby working two job but wht is we need to close case ? If didn't get any joint sponsor? Or can get visit visa after close case??

I don't really understand what you expect us to help you with, do you want one of us to be your co-sponsor?

The rules are pretty clear, you need a co-sponsor if you do not make enough money... My fiancee's parents did not want to be our co-sponsors so my fiancee's friend is our co-sponsor instead... There is really no way around this unless you're rich.

Edited by vocal

Just now, vocal said:

I don't really understand what you expect us to help you with, do you want one of us to be your co-sponsor?

The rules are pretty clear, you need a co-sponsor if you do not make enough money... My fiancee's parents did not want to be our co-sponsors so my fiancee's friend is our co-sponsor instead... There is really no way around this unless you're rich.

Well brother that's is luck that u got someone who co sponser,it's not essay to get help a co sposner like first brother say on top .I just want her help as advoice of my case not asking about co sponsor from u or other..if we know about this financial support matter husband never put case and waste money on lawyer he first make income level .my question is after case close is possible to get visit visa or not .thank ur reply!

Just now, Ezy_and_Oghene said:

Well there's nothing you can do at this time. He needs to ask other people - friends, coworkers etc. Co-sponsoring is by choice. 

Thank u brother for ur reply !we  try best to get hope so by God will we get..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is extremely unlikely that you would get a tourist visa approved after a failed spousal visa.

As mentioned, the co-sponsor need not be family.  Have your husband ask old room mates, college friends, church family, neighbours....  also, if you think people in your country are more willing to help, maybe some of them have friends or relatives in the States?

The other option is for your husband to delay the case till he gets a promotion, or a second job.  How much is he short?  Often, even a couple of weekend shifts in Starbucks or McDonalds will be enough.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

1 minute ago, Penguin_ie said:

It is extremely unlikely that you would get a tourist visa approved after a failed spousal visa.

As mentioned, the co-sponsor need not be family.  Have your husband ask old room mates, college friends, church family, neighbours....  also, if you think people in your country are more willing to help, maybe some of them have friends or relatives in the States?

The other option is for your husband to delay the case till he gets a promotion, or a second job.  How much is he short?  Often, even a couple of weekend shifts in Starbucks or McDonalds will be enough.

Thank sis for ur reply! I don't get delay how? The case time is two year only this year is last,is possible to delay ??

Hubby does everything even still trying .I have best friend but she is house wife living in Newyork her husband is business man he can't cuz he have all ready took two people as a co sponsor and plus have kids too she try for me will see..if my case delay then it is possible later right??last year he didn't make good bcoz one job were he was sick too so only this year he can bczo now he know it.

Hi,

Try not to take his parents not wanting to cosponsor offensive. It can be a risk and a lot of people will feel uncomfortable with it. It is not an American thing. As you can see you've had people who have tried to help you like your husband's brother and your friend in NY. But people have responsibilities here also that they have to take care of first. Some good advice was given about your husband picking up another job and you two reaching out to more people. Just because someone says no does not mean they wish ill will. Have you actually read the affidavit of support? There are parts that speak about the US government or the immigrant capable of suing the sponsor. Some of the terms on it can be scary to people who has less knowledge of the immigration process. In the mean time keep reaching out to friends and family and hopefully someone will come along. There may be an option for you to delay your case. Give them a call this week and inquire about that.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

9 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

Hi,

Try not to take his parents not wanting to cosponsor offensive. It can be a risk and a lot of people will feel uncomfortable with it. It is not an American thing. As you can see you've had people who have tried to help you like your husband's brother and your friend in NY. But people have responsibilities here also that they have to take care of first. Some good advice was given about your husband picking up another job and you two reaching out to more people. Just because someone says no does not mean they wish ill will. Have you actually read the affidavit of support? There are parts that speak about the US government or the immigrant capable of suing the sponsor. Some of the terms on it can be scary to people who has less knowledge of the immigration process. In the mean time keep reaching out to friends and family and hopefully someone will come along. There may be an option for you to delay your case. Give them a call this week and inquire about that.

Thank u brother! His parents passaway befor marrired me.will tell to hubby talk to lawyer and delay the case if didnt get co sponser after try ..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I can't speak for your husband's family and how they feel about religion-you never told us if he is Muslim and if not I'm wondering how you got family permission to marry him as Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-Muslim men. Religion aside being a joint sponsor is a big responsibility and is nothing that anyone should take lightly. A joint sponsor has to sign a contract with the US government taking financial responsibility for you and agreeing to pay back the government should you go on any type of means tested benefits(welfare, food stamps, medicaid), it's serious business. For you to say that perhaps Americans won't volunteer to be a joint sponsor because of your religion is simply not true. I know we have a whack job of a president who thinks it's acceptable to ban people based on religion but I can assure you that the majority of people in this country do not agree with his twisted view of the world and Islam. My husband is Muslim, we live in the Northeast not far from Boston and although it's a very liberal, accepting area of the country, my husband travels for work to all corners of the country and has never encountered anyone who has been anything other than kind and that includes rural America and the deep south, areas where the president has a lot of support. I think people just don;t want the responsibility of having to sign a contract with the government(affidavit of support). Good luck!

2 minutes ago, mimolicious said:

I can't speak for your husband's family and how they feel about religion-you never told us if he is Muslim and if not I'm wondering how you got family permission to marry him as Muslim women are not allowed to marry non-Muslim men. Religion aside being a joint sponsor is a big responsibility and is nothing that anyone should take lightly. A joint sponsor has to sign a contract with the US government taking financial responsibility for you and agreeing to pay back the government should you go on any type of means tested benefits(welfare, food stamps, medicaid), it's serious business. For you to say that perhaps Americans won't volunteer to be a joint sponsor because of your religion is simply not true. I know we have a whack job of a president who thinks it's acceptable to ban people based on religion but I can assure you that the majority of people in this country do not agree with his twisted view of the world and Islam. My husband is Muslim, we live in the Northeast not far from Boston and although it's a very liberal, accepting area of the country, my husband travels for work to all corners of the country and has never encountered anyone who has been anything other than kind and that includes rural America and the deep south, areas where the president has a lot of support. I think people just don;t want the responsibility of having to sign a contract with the government(affidavit of support). Good luck!

Thank u sis for ur reply! My husband is Muslim we he marry me me by legally in UAE by court and family agreed .my family is Muslims but his family not Muslims accept him thatshy didn't want to help cuz he is Muslim and married with me.as I told above on my case that only his brother on my co sponsore but he claim his kids lawyer said to not claim so that not possible his wife not want to help which clear it they don't happy not want too which my hubby clear me so only need joint sponser to with include on my brother in law so it can successful but now its stuck to get it other then delay .my husband still try it when God will it will happen what can I say sis??just hope and still try it .didn't know that is is so hard like that..anyway thank u and ur pray..

Sis ur correct that is big responsible too taking agreed,I can't force to people nor I want free on co sponsor cuz I am working woman and never ask from people nor husband too only if we need by name only to co sponser other then we can pay only all like we pay lawyer all we does mistake to not concerns of people about this matter I never knew cuz I am not American and hubby even don't know cuz he is American and he  didn't know about financial support income level to sponsor and plus need tax  record for 3 year .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps he could be the one to move?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.