dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently March 2017 thread),

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/624431-case-complete-to-interview-march-2017/

Also, please read Kanuk's post full of advice and observations, found here.Best of Luck to everyone !!!

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So....... still no movement...30 minutes on hold.... to get nothing.....

Scan date : 11/28

Sup Review: 1/18

Document review: 1/18

I complained to the person this time:  its only 3 pages, how long could it possibly take to review 3 pages.

NVC:  "She doesn't know and cannot know when the review will be completed"

Guess my frustration is getting the better of me so I said " This process is now coming up on 500 days for me - thats a really long time to be waiting" ....

NVC:  she said I'm sorry sir, we are the only NVC in the world"

I said " I know its not your problem, but, this process used to be MUCH faster before it was centralized"  - she was sort of getting annoyed.... So I said thank you and ended the call.

But seriously..... these people should live 500 days without their loved ones 

Ok Jan is over now... We need to see updates from our cases for c.c and Interview dates. Keep positive . I called today in the morning rep told me not Interview assign still waiting .... 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Talumepa said:

Ok Jan is over now... We need to see updates from our cases for c.c and Interview dates. Keep positive . I called today in the morning rep told me not Interview assign still waiting .... 

YES - good luck to all.

Timeline

Ok, so I had time to think about this.  If they are already processing dates for March at the US Embassy in Tokyo and my case is not processed yet.... does that mean my family has to wait until APRIL now - any chance for February or March?

Anyone processing for Japan besides me?  

I'm so beside myself...... 

55 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

Ok, so I had time to think about this.  If they are already processing dates for March at the US Embassy in Tokyo and my case is not processed yet.... does that mean my family has to wait until APRIL now - any chance for February or March?

Anyone processing for Japan besides me?  

I'm so beside myself...... 

Highly unlikely for February. 

Its possible for March. 

To everyone getting their CC congratulations we are one step closer. And to those still waiting don't get discouraged like my husband tells me it will all be worth it when distance when be between us no more. We are starting tomorrow with interviews being scheduled so let's all keep mind positives. 

It takes a lot of patience but also a lot of faith, trust me everyone works out when it needs to. 

Scan date: Nov 10

supervisor review : December 22 

CC: January 25

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Talumepa said:

I called them up today and was told that they have received information from consulates for appointments available in March, but have not scheduled yet.

USCIS
I-140 sent: 06/15/2016
NOA1: 06/17/2016
I-140 approved: 09/21/2016
Received hard copy NOA2: 09/23/2016
Sent to NVC: 09/28/2016

NVC
NVC Received: 10/07/2016
Case # and IIN#: 10/22/2016
DS-260 Completed: 10/22/2016
IV Fee Invoiced: 10/27/2016
IV Fee Paid: 10/27/2016
Sent IV Package: 11/04/2016
Scan Date: 11/08/2016
Supervisor Review: 12/20/2016
Case Complete:1/9/2017

Embassy
Interview Date:3/16/2017
Visa Approved:
Visa in Hand:

Filed: Timeline

Its February, and we're still waiting :(

Scan Date - November 29
Supervisor Review - January 10
Review Department - January 12

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.