NBA16

Suspension? Ban?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The details are still pretty fluid, but it sounds like:

1. Extended/indefinite ban on Syrian refugees.
  2. Temporary ban on refugees from most Muslim countries (i.e., Middle-east)
  3. Temporary ban on all visas to people from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Lybia, and Sudan until more "stringent" vetting procedures are put in place.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'll be praying that this doesn't happen. Hopefully courts will decide this is unconstitutional as it targets only those of a specific religion. There are a lot of major problems with banning ALL visas from any specific country. Perhaps this will only affect certain types of visas and not family based visas. Good luck to everyone. :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

What about visit visas while immigration is processing? My husband (Iran national but born & raised in Qatar) and I were going to go back to the states for a friends wedding and to see family in May. My husband has been to the states twice already in the last 2 years on visit visas. I will be devastated if he is denied like this... all because of his nationality :(

Doha, Qatar

Met: 2011

Married: August 2014, Doha, Qatar

Filed I-130: August 25, 2016
NOA1: August 30, 2016
I-130 Approved (NOA2): March 17, 2017

NVC Scan Date: May 25, 2017

NVC Case Complete: July 17, 2017

Received P4 Letter: August 3, 2017

Interview Date: September 19, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
1 hour ago, agripa said:

The details are still pretty fluid, but it sounds like:

1. Extended/indefinite ban on Syrian refugees.
  2. Temporary ban on refugees from most Muslim countries (i.e., Middle-east)
  3. Temporary ban on all visas to people from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Lybia, and Sudan until more "stringent" vetting procedures are put in place.

im a citizen and my wife is from yemen I'm on the nvc stage would that take effect on my process?

17 minutes ago, Naji1789 said:

egypt might not be effected 

Maybe not. But he's vaguely mentioned Muslim countries multiple times. So with that being said, I am concerned. No one should have to go through this, especially since we're going through this process legally.

Timeline

I understand the need to go through the security and screening processes but if someone goes through all of those things, it shouldn't matter what country they are from. There are going to be good and bad people in every single country in the world. It's unconstitutional to discriminate like this. 

Doha, Qatar

4 hours ago, NBA16 said:

Hello VJ friends

Anyone has any idea about it?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1582XQ

It is pressure to get appointments, some red line drawn to check on status and a new plan. Those in process may get a "extra check" not more.

They will design a new process, a new application form, a new fee and then in 2 years reverse it all because of computer records and AI taking over by Facebook and Linkedin who have your life already mapped out.

Timeline
Just now, Leila120 said:

I'm extremely worried after hearing what Trump plans to do regarding the ban of refugees and immigrants from countries such as Iran. My husband is Iranian and our IR1-Visa case has already been approved and we are now in administrative processing. Does anyone know if Trump plans to suspend or ban relative/family visas from being issued to Iranians? If so, it is completely unfair and illogical and I hope congress has the power to stop such law from being enacted. 

I am in the same situation as you... my husband is Iranian, however born and always lived in Qatar. We are still waiting for the NOA2 (sent our I-130 packet off in August 2016). But I'm so worried that now they are going to suspend on deny immigration visas to Iranians. How can they do this though? Unless there is a security or background check issue then don't they have to give the visa? I can't imagine he can pass something like this. We are ready to start our life in the states... just waiting for the immigration process to finish. 

Trump should respect the immigration process... otherwise his wife would not be a US Citizen.

Doha, Qatar

Timeline

I am an Iranian , waiting for our I-130 petition to be approved for 211 days and still counting because of additional review. I think i am even now under extra security and background check. If it's all about the time it's okay but if it takes forever or the result will be rejection we will think about other plans (like moving to a third country)

His mom was an immigrant and his wife entered US with H1B visa.

All of his proposed actions are likely legal under the INA. 

http://www.vox.com/world/2016/11/10/13577474/president-elect-donald-trump-muslim-ban

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** closed in favour of our Trump/ immigration Megathread here:

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.