ChanelCoco

Lied on visa application

30 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I have a question. If someone tip the embassy or US immigration about lying on a Visa application, what can happen?

The false statements: Drug addiction (currently using methadone every day because of previous being a heroin junkie)

Arrest in youth

Medicines: totally dependent on taking Methadone every day

The person is in USA, been there for a year and a half. All these statements the person has written no, deliberately lying on the application.

Thanks

Timeline
Just now, Transborderwife said:

Lifetime ban for misrepresentation 

If someone gives the tip, how will the immigration, embassy or whoever act? Will they take the tip seriously? What will they practically do?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats hard to say, this person lives in the US now?

I don't see USCIS tracking them down; but if the tip was taken seriously, it could go on record so whenever that person tried to apply for further/future residency it would come up I suppose.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

Thats hard to say, this person lives in the US now?

I don't see USCIS tracking them down; but if the tip was taken seriously, it could go on record so whenever that person tried to apply for further/future residency it would come up I suppose.

Yes, living in the US now. I hope this person get caught. A person that has been lying about all sorts of things all life. Its not really fair a person like that comes away with this while good people struggle. Reading in here how people fight for visas while this man lying and cheating the system gets through. he has been a heavy heroin junkie, still having problems with addictions. He is not a decent  man to say it nicely.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If it's ever found out he lied he can be removed and given a lifetime ban. 

Search the boards you will find all sorts of stories of this happening. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

If it's ever found out he lied he can be removed and given a lifetime ban. 

Search the boards you will find all sorts of stories of this happening. 

Thanks.

I have searched though, and I can't find a similar story to compare to. And where to tip? Anyone knows?

I really appreciate it!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

With the new servers it might be harder to find. I'll see what I can find out. 

Plus you may not find exactly what you're talking about but anything about lying in the process will give you the same results. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

With the new servers it might be harder to find. I'll see what I can find out. 

Plus you may not find exactly what you're talking about but anything about lying in the process will give you the same results. 

Thank you!

I know that lying in the process is a very serious thing and would most probably lead to a ban. But how to tip and do it so it will be taken seriously?

People can't even get their wife to the country, while men like him with no honest bone can easily skip through. Because he wants to make big money and live the high life. Never helped a person in his life. Ive seen people getting rejected for visa... while him.. Its just not fair. 

Filed: Timeline

USCIS would request that you file 'tips' through ICE. They have a website set up where you can submit reports. I do not know if ICE will actually do anything about it though, they will take your report but that may be about it. Currently ICE is under specific directives to basically 'ignore' illegals unless they have a criminal issue in the US. Not sure where visa fraud falls for them. 

As others have stated if a complaint goes into his record it may be ignored until/unless he petitions for someone. Then whomever is reviewing his file would see the complaint and most likely take action on it. 

Do you have actual evidence of the 'fraud'? Proof of records showing he was in drug treatment overseas? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, ChanelCoco said:

Thank you!

I know that lying in the process is a very serious thing and would most probably lead to a ban. But how to tip and do it so it will be taken seriously?

People can't even get their wife to the country, while men like him with no honest bone can easily skip through. Because he wants to make big money and live the high life. Never helped a person in his life. Ive seen people getting rejected for visa... while him.. Its just not fair. 

If he knows how to make big money and live the high life let me know. Your tip won't be taken seriously. ICE has more to worry about than someone lying on an application. It happens every day. Your post sounds very sour...I am going to assume this person did something that to you that didn't live up to your standards. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If the OP is certain of what they say  they should provide the information to the authorities.  They didn't come here mentioning any names but came asking the process to remove an undesirable element  If I had a house of prostitution  or drug sales next to me I would help bring it to the attention of authorities to make the place nicer to live  There is no reason to turn ones head to evil.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Wouldn't the arrest in his youth show up on the police report? Or maybe not all visas require one?

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.