jill_rudy

Second Timer as K1 Beneficiary

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Way back 2012 I was petitioned by my x petitioner for K1 visa.. but he was not been seen an evidence of sustainable income and the consul required him to send some more proof of income and put our case on AP status... he tried to comply and again the consul required him for the 3rd time bout the lists of his Assets. . And this time he told me that he doesn't want me to wait forever.. and all of a sudden he never  contacted me nor reply to all my messages for over a year. April 2014  he was with somebody already  through fb I saw him with somebody  and I had  learned about it Dec 2014 only. So I had decided to move on too.
April 2015 I met somebody (now my new fiance) and last October 2016 he filed for my K1 visa.. thanks GOD it was being approved and now I'm waiting for my upcoming interview. My concern is when I checked the old case number I was surprised that it was still in progress and I contacted Manila embassy but they replied that the case was already forwarded back to USCIS last October 14 ,2016. It was 2 days before the approval of my 2nd  application. My x fiance told me that he had sent already a cancellation letter last August 2015 . How would I know that it's already terminated the fact that it still updating on the USCIS website? I'm just worried if it will affect on  my upcoming interview. 

Edited by jill_rudy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Definately do hope he sent the letter in to cancel/withdrawl the petition because there have been stories about people being denied do to a previous petition still being "active" in the system.

I don't know if there is any real way to know for sure if it indeed is canceled or not until the interview.

Hopefully someone here will have maybe some personal experience or knowledge on how to find out.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

8 minutes ago, jill_rudy said:

Hi sir... thanks for ur reply

Actually I have a copy of his CANCELLATION LETTER  with his Original Signature.

Take a copy of the cancellation letter to the interview. You should be fine. They might not even ask about it.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

34 minutes ago, jill_rudy said:

Hi sir... thanks for ur reply

Actually I have a copy of his CANCELLATION LETTER  with his Original Signature.

You having a copy of the cancellation letter he "claims" to have submitted does not prove he submitted it nor does it prove receipt by anyone.  But hopefully he did.  I would bring a copy of that letter with me to the interview if I were you.  HOWEVER, I would not bring it up unless the embassy asks for it or mentions the previous K-1 application.  You should NEVER give anything unless they ask for it or you may open up a can of worms yourself.  Good luck to both of you and most importantly GOD BLESS.  My wife is from Cebu.  We are very happy together here in Hawaii.  I wish you and yours only the best.

Aloha from Hawaii,  David

9 minutes ago, jill_rudy said:

Thanks sir David amd Zoila. Ur reply is highly appreciated... 

One more comment.  Is your fiance planning on attending the interview with you at the embassy in Manila?  If the previous K-1 petition comes up it might be helpful for your current fiance to be sitting with you at the interview.  The CO might ask him if he knows about the previous petition/petitioner and if he responds in the affirmative it might be helpful.  But again, I would never offer up any information other than what is specifically asked for.  We got married in the Philippines and our case had what many would consider "red flags".  I am convinced that my attendance at the interview was critical in overcoming those potential obstacles.  The CO asked me more questions than she asked my wife.  Had I not been there I am pretty sure we would not have passed.  GOD BLESS.

Edited by David & Zoila

Timeline

Finally I talked to my x fiance.. asked him to call the US IS he said that he called them last December and the person whom he talked to told him that the case was already terminated. But he didn't received any letter from them.

Timeline

Hi guys I went to Manila USCIS and ask them if why is it my status is still in progress the fact that my x petitioner had sent a letter of cancellation already last Aug 2015. They told me that I need to send to them  the copy of the cancellation letter that I had via 2go courier, which I did. And I got a response from them that the case was already sent back to USCIS. AND US embassy here in the Philippines has no records on it. And my x petitioner told me that he called USCIS and it was terminated already. Yet just confusing that the case can still b viewed on USCIS website and says it still under review.

Edited by jill_rudy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.