7 posts in this topic

I filled the 1-751 on Dec.22,2016 and I recieved a notice date on Jan 2,2016 for one year extension while they review all my documents but now my one year extension is already expired and I never heard whats going on.my lawyer said to me that is backlogged thats why my new card havent recieved yet.but I dont know if its approved or not.I also check online my case but only said they recieve my documents on Dec.22,2015.I was worried everytime I called my lawyer whats going on and he always said that the office is so many things to do and its backlogged.anyone who has the same problem,pls.tell me what to do.thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

A lot of people who filed at Vermont Center are in the same boat with you. Refer to the December 2015 thread to share your experience.

I just called my lawyer just now and he told me to go to the nearest USCIS and bring my passport to stamp it so that I can travel,but I want to know how long I wait or how I know if its approved or we go for another enterview?anyone who has the same problem pls.let me know what to do.thank you.

Edited by gin-48

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Gin-48 - take a deep breath.  ALL of us who have applied at the Vermont Service Center are waiting, waiting, waiting.  They are really backed up.  Currently, USCIS is working on your month.  Hopefully you will be hearing something soon.

But...because your extension is expiring, you need to make an InfoPass appointment at your local office and get an I-551 stamp in your passport so you can travel.  This will give you an extension of another 12 months. 

Good luck.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Thank you.my lawyer ask me to go walk in to get my passport stamp because he  cannot get infopass online.anyone who experience a walk in without appointment?pls.tell me what to do.thank you.

Edited by gin-48

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.