MaryandMarquis

K1 Visa Waiting Days in Ghana

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone..

I had my interview on 21st December at the US embassy in Ghana.. They took my passport and gave me a blue paper and said the visa will be ready in two weeks and that I should pick it up at the DHL office... 

After two weeks, I went to the DHL office and the lady told me they don't receive fiancé visa there... So I called my fiancée and told him what happened...

He called the embassy and was asked to check the visa status online which we did.. The status update was on 21st and 13th January... Its been 3 weeks and the visa isn't ready or issued... 

Should I be worried??? I'm stressed and don't know what to do... 

NB: No additional information was asked and it was smooth... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

What does your status show on CEAC? AP? Last time they touched your File on Jan, 13th. which is a few days ago so am assuming it is about to be issued. If you look up when you open CEAC , does is NONE IMMIGRANT VISA or IMMIGRANT VISA. If it shows NIV it means your visa was issued and it will be a matter of few days before it will switch between AP and issued.  Just hang on there! 

Timeline

NIV, means your VISA was issued and its a matter of time for the status on CEAC to change to issued and from my experience, this is when they send out the Passport to DHL. I believe Monday is Martin Luther King day, US Embassy I believe does not open, so you might have to wait until Tuesday, Wed or Thursday for new update on CEAC. 

Timeline
Just now, MaryandMarquis said:

Thank you so much... 

I'm feeling a lot better ?

Good, have yourself a nice drink and talk to your fiance and celebrate...The wait is going to be over soon...best of luck. Update us, please!

Timeline
On 1/14/2017 at 4:16 PM, MaryandMarquis said:

Hello everyone..

I had my interview on 21st December at the US embassy in Ghana.. They took my passport and gave me a blue paper and said the visa will be ready in two weeks and that I should pick it up at the DHL office... 

After two weeks, I went to the DHL office and the lady told me they don't receive fiancé visa there... So I called my fiancée and told him what happened...

He called the embassy and was asked to check the visa status online which we did.. The status update was on 21st and 13th January... Its been 3 weeks and the visa isn't ready or issued... 

How long did the interview last? My fiance's interview is Thursday at 7am. (which is 2am my time) & I want to be awake... So, just wondering how long you had to wait & how long was the interview. 

Thanks! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, MrsBoateng29 said:

How long did the interview last? My fiance's interview is Thursday at 7am. (which is 2am my time) & I want to be awake... So, just wondering how long you had to wait & how long was the interview. 

Thanks! 

It varies in Ghana. Everyone is allowed into the embassy at the same time and have to wait until they are called. Some people I know have been done by 11 am...others later. When my husband went for his K1 he was one of the last interviews of the day and didn't get out until about 4-4:30 pm. 

Timeline

The interview lasted for about 20mins.... I met a bald headed African American man... He was patience and was very cool... He asked me how I was doing and then told me not to feel nervous... 

He gave me back my documents (Video call screenshots,some our pictures together, some of the chats and bank receipts) then he asked me to raise my hand to take an oath... 

His first question was, what's the relationship between the pertitioner and I..

How long have we stayed together..

When did we first see each other ...

Where did we meet...

When did he leave Philippines to the States...

Why hasn't he visited Ghana before...

How long has the relationship been going on... 

When did he start working and when are we planning to marry...

Then he said Well done, he pulled out a blue paper and said pick up your passport and visa in two weeks... 

The amazing thing about the interview was, whenever I don't get the question, he asks again to make sure I answer correctly... 

And also, he gave me thumbs for the WhatsApp chat between my Fiancée and I... He said it was very helpful...

NB: It was a front and back printed chat and it was 20 important sheets per month. 

I hope this helps.. Goodluck 

Timeline
On 1/14/2017 at 4:16 PM, MaryandMarquis said:

Hello everyone..

One more question, please, how long after the interview did they take to say your visa was approved? 

Like did they interview you & say it immediately or did they make you go out to the lobby & wait... Our interview is tomorrow morning & my nerves are kicking in! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
22 minutes ago, MrsBoateng29 said:

One more question, please, how long after the interview did they take to say your visa was approved? 

Like did they interview you & say it immediately or did they make you go out to the lobby & wait... Our interview is tomorrow morning & my nerves are kicking in! 

Unless they need additional evidence, you will know that day. They will tell you approved (keep his passport & give your fiancé  a blue paper) or denied (return passport & give your fiancé a whole paper).

Timeline
5 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

Unless they need additional evidence, you will know that day. They will tell you approved (keep his passport & give your fiancé  a blue paper) or denied (return passport & give your fiancé a whole paper).

Thank you so much! I am very excited & nervous! It has been a long road & now we are down to hours to know what fate of it is! 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have a question @MaryandMarquis and who ever did the K1 and submitted evidence to the Co . What did you use to put all your evidence in to present it?

Edited by shonna&asante
Wrong word

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.