IA0217

Case Complete to Interview February 2017

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys,

My spouse and I are still waiting for our interview to be scheduled. We are in forth week of since we completed required documents. How long does it take for NVC to review and schedule for an interview? Can someone please help???? 

Thanks!

Do you mean that your case has been completed at NVC? Or did you just send in your papers four weeks ago? Right now NVC is taking 9-12 weeks (sometimes longer) to complete the case from the date the documents were scanned in. If you only send in your papers four weeks ago, you still have quite a ways to go, unfortunately. 

If your case is in fact already completed, then the NVC communicates with the consulates the first and last week of each month, so I would think you should have heard something by now. You should call NVC and ask if your date has been set yet; it's possible you just haven't received the e-mail but that it has already been scheduled. 

Good luck! 

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Timeline

Thank you for replying. How do i know if my case has beeen completed at NVC? They received everything on Dec.19 so does this mean it has been completed at nvc?

3 minutes ago, IA0217 said:

Thank you for replying. How do i know if my case has beeen completed at NVC? They received everything on Dec.19 so does this mean it has been completed at nvc?

No, your case is not completed until they review all of your documents. Right now they have only been received. You should call them and ask what date your documents were scanned in - then count 9-12 weeks from that date and start calling every day/week after that to ask if your case has been completed. It's a long process! Looks like you still have one-and-a-half or two months left to wait (hopefully). Then they will schedule an interview for you after they've completed your document review. You can join the rest of us waiting at NVC here on this thread to watch when others finally get their "case complete" status: 

Edited by afortunada

NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day

It takes 6 weeks for the National Visa Center to complete the case.  Once it is completed, it gets forwarded to the Embassy and the NVC works with the Embassy to schedule and interview date for you.  Hope this helps.

Timeline
1 minute ago, afortunada said:

No, your case is not completed until they review all of your documents. Right now they have only been received. You should call them and ask what date your documents were scanned in - then count 9-12 weeks from that date and start calling every day/week after that to ask if your case has been completed. It's a long process! Looks like you still have one-and-a-half or two months left to wait. Then they will schedule an interview for you after they've completed your document review. You can join the rest of us waiting at NVC here on this thread to watch when others finally get their "case complete" status: 

Oh!! a long wait ahead.

Thank you

1 minute ago, Ladyj said:

It takes 6 weeks for the National Visa Center to complete the case.  Once it is completed, it gets forwarded to the Embassy and the NVC works with the Embassy to schedule and interview date for you.  Hope this helps.

Just to note: it's supposed to take six weeks, but every one of us is waiting 9-12 weeks. They are very far behind :( 

Just to note: it's supposed to take six weeks, but every one of us is waiting 9-12 weeks. They are very far behind :( 

I feel sorry for those that are stuck at that state.  The government is really terrible at getting these things processed in a timely manner.  I am at the state of waiting for my husbands visa to be issued.  He was approved but we are at one week today of waiting to get the visa issued. Good luck!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ladyj said:

Thank you this helped.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, afortunada said:

When i login to CEAC it says give nvc 2-4 weeks to review your case. Hopefully it doesn't take that long?

Just now, IA0217 said:

When i login to CEAC it says give nvc 2-4 weeks to review your case. Hopefully it doesn't take that long?

Their timing is not accurate.  Please do not follow that.  They tell you that but it's not true at all.  They are very backed up.  I just got lucky to get my case completed at 6 weeks and 3 days.

Just now, IA0217 said:

That time frame is incorrect. Back in the good ol' days, that's how long it took, but that is not the case anymore. I just don't want you to get your hopes up! Be pleasantly surprised if it takes 6 weeks, but brace yourself that it will most likely be much longer. Just look at all of us in the NVC thread I posted to you. NVC even admits that they are incredibly far behind. :(:( For example, I'm currently at week 8 with no news.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ladyj said:

I feel sorry for those that are stuck at that state.  The government is really terrible at getting these things processed in a timely manner.  I am at the state of waiting for my husbands visa to be issued.  He was approved but we are at one week today of waiting to get the visa issued. Good luck!

How long did it take for your case  to be scheduled for an interview? And i agree it takes forever for the to process things?

Just now, Ladyj said:

Their timing is not accurate.  Please do not follow that.  They tell you that but it's not true at all.  They are very backed up.  I just got lucky to get my case completed at 6 weeks and 3 days.

Congratulations on your husband's approval!! I hope you get the passport in hand very soon :)

Congratulations on your husband's approval!! I hope you get the passport in hand very soon :)

Thank you so much.  Today makes a week since the approval.  So I will see how long its going to take for the system say "issued".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.