jennnnnnnnnna

January 2017 I-130 (Family Petition) Filers

764 posts in this topic

I've been checking for a few days now, and I don't think there's a forum for January 2017 filers yet, so I'm going to start one. I just sent my mom's petition today via Fedex and it should be received at the Chicago Lockbox on Monday, January 11th. So excited!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey...I filed back in December 2016 for my mother.  Priority date 12/8, but I will join the January thread since most of the action will happen here on,

I still cannot view status update online, the last one I can see is about 240 before mine.  So hopefully soon.

I already received my notice in the mail.  So it's wait time.

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

1 hour ago, Caramel Swirl said:

Hey...I filed back in December 2016 for my mother.  Priority date 12/8, but I will join the January thread since most of the action will happen here on,

I still cannot view status update online, the last one I can see is about 240 before mine.  So hopefully soon.

I already received my notice in the mail.  So it's wait time.

Yes, now we just have to wait. Hopefully, it will just take the normal timeframe of 6-8 months. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Sent my petition for my parents 01/06/2017 through express mail. Tracking site says will be delivered by tomorrow Monday the 9th. The waiting game is on!! Thanks for making this thread jennnnnnnnnna!!

2 hours ago, love&cinta said:

Sent my petition for my parents 01/06/2017 through express mail. Tracking site says will be delivered by tomorrow Monday the 9th. The waiting game is on!! Thanks for making this thread jennnnnnnnnna!!

Awesome! Good luck to all of us! :) 

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My son filed I-864 and I-864A which we both signed. It was accepted by NVC and forwarded to Islamabad, Pakistan, embassy but they are not accepting and want another person's I-864A. That my income is low. Although it is $44500 for 3 dependants. They they don't want to explain and talk. What should I do? Please help.

14 hours ago, hajibaba said:

My son filed I-864 and I-864A which we both signed. It was accepted by NVC and forwarded to Islamabad, Pakistan, embassy but they are not accepting and want another person's I-864A. That my income is low. Although it is $44500 for 3 dependants. They they don't want to explain and talk. What should I do? Please help.

Hi hajibaba! I'm not really sure how to answer your question since I'm not on that stage yet. They should notify you with the reason why they didn't accept the affidavit of support. If you need more information, you may want to call USCIS or NVC directly and they should be able to explain it to you further. Hope you get things cleared up!

Edited by jennnnnnnnnna

3 minutes ago, mrsfranklynw said:

Is it fast to send express?

I sent mine last Saturday via Fedex Express and paid about $20 and the estimated delivery is today by 3pm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, jennnnnnnnnna said:

I sent mine last Saturday via Fedex Express and paid about $20 and the estimated delivery is today by 3pm.

will that help process it faster?

18 minutes ago, mrsfranklynw said:

will that help process it faster?

It's not going to affect the process itself, but it will get to them quicker.

Timeline
6 hours ago, mrsfranklynw said:

Is it fast to send express?

Sent mine Friday the 6th through express mail overnight and USCIS received my package today the 9th. But they haven't processed the money order yet. I keep tracking them every hour since 10am lol ? 

IMG_8291.PNG

16 hours ago, love&cinta said:

Sent mine Friday the 6th through express mail overnight and USCIS received my package today the 9th. But they haven't processed the money order yet. I keep tracking them every hour since 10am lol ? 

IMG_8291.PNG

Same with mine! Hopefully we got notice this week! :) 

On 1/8/2017 at 0:42 PM, love&cinta said:

Hi, i am wondering if you already received a receipt notice from USCIS? Mine shows, that it was delivered on Monday, the 9th and no notice yet.... Thanks.... 

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Timeline
2 hours ago, amerisian said:

Hi, i am wondering if you already received a receipt notice from USCIS? Mine shows, that it was delivered on Monday, the 9th and no notice yet.... Thanks.... 

Hi! No I haven't got anything yet and Money Order has not yet been cashed. It may take 10-14 days to receive NOA1 from my experience. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.